PDA

View Full Version : Do Quality alarms work

Quick94Hatch
01-31-2008, 10:38 PM
Basicly the title says it all. Do quality car alarms realy prevent cars from being stolen?

93silverprelude
01-31-2008, 10:43 PM
N O

BB4prelude
01-31-2008, 11:15 PM
nope

93silverprelude
01-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Every stolen thread on here says they had an alarm on the car and it still got taken

advert
01-31-2008, 11:28 PM
no not at all. a quality alarm does nothing at all.

BUT!

a quality alarm install does o so much.

trust me. if i install it. there not getting it.

93silverprelude
01-31-2008, 11:29 PM

BUT!

I'll vouch for Jared.

Tage
01-31-2008, 11:33 PM

I disagree. So would my friend who's car was winched onto a flat bed trailer while the alarm was going off. He ran out to the parking lot within 1-2 minutes of them initially hooking it up and they still got away with his car.

On the flip side an alarm will make it more difficult to steal, especially if you get creative on the install techniques and siren placement...

Rxseven2civic
01-31-2008, 11:54 PM
Ppl that have the money to use a flat bed would rarely waste their time on honda's

Tage
02-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Ppl that have the money to use a flat bed would rarely waste their time on honda's

True that! My buddy's car that got stolen was a BMW 540.

comptonasskerry
02-01-2008, 02:28 AM
my buddys car got jacked when he was in vegas he moved the car every hr and took the wheel and ecu jumper and dizzy off. and they got it on a flatbed and it was gone.

honda=garage only

SiR Mikey
02-01-2008, 04:00 AM
I disagree. So would my friend who's car was winched onto a flat bed trailer while the alarm was going off. He ran out to the parking lot within 1-2 minutes of them initially hooking it up and they still got away with his car.

On the flip side an alarm will make it more difficult to steal, especially if you get creative on the install techniques and siren placement...

With GPS they wouldn't have got far ;)

But thats a whole different story

jdmcivic1
02-01-2008, 09:44 AM
my cousin's itr that was parked in his drive way got taken by a flatbed. And guys that drive a tow truck arnt exactly rolling in cash so if some guy offers him 200 bucks to tow a car when he's off the clock might sound pretty tempting. . .

advert
02-01-2008, 10:30 AM

i have never done a install where i did not put in gps :sucker:

but you are correct. a alarm is not rly gps.

Quick94Hatch
02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Figures. Well at least it keeps the honest people honest. Ive got a Fox body mustang that I took to the pavillions and some shady guy was realy looking it over and looks like he wrote the plate down.

sssmokin05si
02-01-2008, 05:48 PM
AS stated, a quality alarm doesn't mean shit without a quality install. :)

boostedrex
02-01-2008, 06:11 PM
there is no use of having a alarm without a hood senser

DeeDub
02-02-2008, 08:10 AM
there is no use of having a alarm without a hood senser

And back up battery/siron,

there are ways to get around a hood pin

jdmcivic1
02-02-2008, 10:58 AM
having a back up battery is always a good idea...

Rxseven2civic
02-02-2008, 11:46 AM
my buddys car got jacked when he was in vegas he moved the car every hr and took the wheel and ecu jumper and dizzy off. and they got it on a flatbed and it was gone.

honda=garage only

so he woke up every hour to move his car? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk

I Hate Import Cars
02-02-2008, 12:29 PM

BUT!

x287643!

Ya, but that just goes to prove my theory; if someone wants something, ANYTHING, bad enough, they're going to get it. 100 people will argue with me on that, but it's true. I don't care if you have 12 well placed alarms, gps, wheel locks, removable steering wheel, 13 kill switches, ECU disconnect/removal, blah blah blah. None of that means shit if someone drags it onto a tow truck and drives away with it. My theory is to give them every reason that you can to choose a different car. That's why they're called theft deterrents. If they have the choice between stealing your car, with alarms, and removeable wheel, and blah blah blah, and the car next to yours with nothing, then HOPEFULLY they'll take the other one. That's MY theory anyway...

Rxseven2civic
02-02-2008, 12:32 PM
x287643!

Ya, but that just goes to prove my theory; if someone wants something, ANYTHING, bad enough, they're going to get it. 100 people will argue with me on that, but it's true. I don't care if you have 12 well placed alarms, gps, wheel locks, removable steering wheel, 13 kill switches, ECU disconnect/removal, blah blah blah. None of that means shit if someone drags it onto a tow truck and drives away with it. My theory is to give them every reason that you can to choose a different car. That's why they're called theft deterrents. If they have the choice between stealing your car, with alarms, and removeable wheel, and blah blah blah, and the car next to yours with nothing, then HOPEFULLY they'll take the other one. That's MY theory anyway...

explain how someone will get away with a car with a properly installed gps system. not talking about shitty lojack here

xxbrowndragon
02-02-2008, 12:40 PM
i agree, if u really want it, they will get it

JDM_sohc
02-03-2008, 10:48 AM
see lucky for me i went to SAPPER school in the ARMY. i can just set up a remote detonation device on my car or have it detonate after a certain meter radius. and i can have the c4 based charge do minimal damage to the surrounding area!!! yess!! naw i wouldnt do that shit for realllzzzz:snookems:

but yeah an alarm is only as good as the install. im gonna have jared do mines when im ready!!!:thumbup:

SiR Mikey
02-03-2008, 12:23 PM
If they have the choice between stealing your car, with alarms, and removeable wheel, and blah blah blah, and the car next to yours with nothing, then HOPEFULLY they'll take the other one. That's MY theory anyway...

No d00d

They'll end up taking BOTH your cars, they'll just use the car next to you to push your car because they can't get it to start

skar1
02-06-2008, 09:10 AM
fuck i better get some security for my car too, damn thieves!!!!

I Hate Import Cars
02-06-2008, 09:43 AM
No d00d

They'll end up taking BOTH your cars, they'll just use the car next to you to push your car because they can't get it to start

HAHAHA!! Ya, that's probably true. Ma bad!

explain how someone will get away with a car with a properly installed gps system. not talking about shitty lojack here

I know. I'm not saying you'll never get the car BACK, I'm just saying that it can still get taken. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of GPS in a car. Having those fuckers lead me right to them is the most fun I can think of. I'm just saying, GPS doesn't keep anyone from stealing your car, it just let's you know where they took it after they stole it.

Tipo Aire
02-06-2008, 10:24 AM

I know. I'm not saying you'll never get the car BACK, I'm just saying that it can still get taken. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of GPS in a car. Having those fuckers lead me right to them is the most fun I can think of. I'm just saying, GPS doesn't keep anyone from stealing your car, it just let's you know where they took it after they stole it.

You must not know how gps works, they call you before your car even gets to the end of the block, if you aren't driving they three way the police and tell them where your car is exactly.

93silverprelude
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM

Um they won't even get to their destination before they get taken down.....

mfj
02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Um they won't even get to their destination before they get taken down.....
Ah crap, I am a bitch!

thats not true at all..... i have heard of MANY cases, where gps hasnt worked..... MANY!

chakaloso_02
02-06-2008, 04:05 PM
thats not true at all..... i have heard of MANY cases, where gps hasnt worked..... MANY!

my friend got his new saturn jacked infront of his house in the middle of the night and they found the signal in mexico.... then it disapered and when it came up again they found it here in phx.... crazy shit....

advert
02-06-2008, 04:19 PM

true.

but again. there are many diff comps that offer gps service.

some are shitty. some are good. the one she has in her car owns all and has the best return rate out of any.

like everything. with gps. you get what you pay for.

Rxseven2civic
02-06-2008, 07:33 PM

all the ones your crew jacked?

93silverprelude
02-06-2008, 08:10 PM
my friend got his new saturn jacked infront of his house in the middle of the night and they found the signal in mexico.... then it disapered and when it came up again they found it here in phx.... crazy shit....

If you can find where it is fast enough before the cops get to you then damn you are a ninja!

sssmokin05si
02-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Edited. Don't think all you theives wandering this forum should know my tricks of the trade.

mfj, if the GPS doesn't work that you're referring to, looks like you need a new company bud.

*inFamous*
02-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Apparently garages aren't even safe!

bdizzle696
02-28-2008, 01:19 AM
i like the c4 explosive idea