PDA

View Full Version : cage question

comptonasskerry
01-31-2008, 11:02 PM
im lookin at gettin a cage welded in and want to know what it has to be/has to pass nasa and scca and all that. any help or links would be great.

thanks compton

Tage
01-31-2008, 11:30 PM
NASA HPDE and SCCA autox does not require a cage or even a rollbar for that matter.

If you want to RACE wheel to wheel against other cars then you need a 6 point minimum cage (a drag style one will not pass). I'd suggest coming out to an event or running some events first before dropping the cash for a cage. It's almost like giving a 16 year old keys to a new car. You know they're going to get in a fender bender at least once so get them a beater to start with and once they prove themselves then get something nicer.

I'd suggest running what you have now with NASA through HPDE1--> HPDE2--> HPDE3 and by then you will have seen enough cars and asked enough questions to know what you want (i.e. $600 Autopower or $2500 welded in deal).

BlueTeg
02-04-2008, 11:03 PM
^ what Tage said.
Just get out there and get some seat time so you can learn the basics and then start modding with you think will help most.

Kinetic
02-14-2008, 08:39 PM
^ what Tage said.
Just get out there and get some seat time so you can learn the basics and then start modding with you think will help most.

^^^^^^

what he said.....

waaaaaaayyyyyyy better than canyons!

comptonasskerry
03-13-2008, 06:34 PM
^^^^^^

what he said.....

waaaaaaayyyyyyy better than canyons!

whats a canyon?

SlowCivicHmm
03-13-2008, 11:56 PM
jajaja ownage!!!!

jk..i won't say nothing....I should of been out there in my stock hatch...I modded it to hell and now i'm tracking the poor whore....took me a few events (6days) to learn to drive it and know how to use what I built......

I should of listen'd to everyone, but point now is i'm getting on track and staying there.....BOOOOYAH!!