PDA

View Full Version : Speaker differences?

I Hate Import Cars
02-11-2008, 07:58 PM
So, not sure if this is the right section, but here goes. I need to put speakers in my car (EG hatch), but I have no clue what is good and what isn't. I just don't know anything about that industry. So I'm looking for advice. What's good? What's bad? I went to Ultimate Electronics just to look around, and was lost. Some were $50 a pair, some were $200 a pair. I'll tell you this; I'm not spending $200 on a set of speakers!

In front it takes 6-1/2" speakers, and in back it takes 5-1/4" speakers. I want at least 2-way speakers, 3-way if I can afford them. Looking to spend less than $200 on both sets, PREFERABLY less than $150. Any suggestions?

I Hate Import Cars
02-11-2008, 07:59 PM
P.S. I've got a Pioneer DEHP5800MP deck with an RF P1 10" subwoofer.

enjuku
02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
go talk to dj at the chronic car audio on camelback.

cbaracing
02-11-2008, 11:06 PM
P.S. I've got a Pioneer DEHP5800MP deck with an RF P1 10" subwoofer.

That helps :poke:

cbaracing
02-11-2008, 11:07 PM
In front it takes 6-1/2" speakers, and in back it takes 5-1/4" speakers. ?

rudsone
02-11-2008, 11:08 PM
look at alpine type r components.
memphis audio is really really good.

also boston acoustics are good.

MrRline2010
02-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Why not check out infinity. Just installed mine today. Great clarity.

I Hate Import Cars
02-11-2008, 11:55 PM
go talk to dj at the chronic car audio on camelback.

Camelback and...?

?

I'm sure not. Tell me all about it. I've HEARD that 6-1/2" speakers will fit in the rear, but I have not SEEN it done, nor do I know if it requires cutting/custom making anything, which I don't care enough to deal with.

look at alpine type r components.
memphis audio is really really good.

also boston acoustics are good.

Any idea on costs of those? The $200 ones at the store were Alpines, I remember that.

Why not check out infinity. Just installed mine today. Great clarity.

Thanks for the input from everyone. Let me clarify something; I am not looking to woo anyone with the speakers or sound, nor am I going to ever compete in any car audio competition. I don't want bad-ass top-of-the-line speakers. I want to replace the blown 13 year old stock door speakers and the non-existent rear speakers with something that sounds good and doesn't cost too much.

cbaracing
02-12-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm sure not. Tell me all about it. I've HEARD that 6-1/2" speakers will fit in the rear, but I have not SEEN it done, nor do I know if it requires cutting/custom making anything, which I don't care enough to deal with.

i see how it is :(

I Hate Import Cars
02-12-2008, 12:08 AM
i see how it is :(

I don't get it...I haven't seen it before. I don't care enough to deal with custom mounting these. Are you telling me that a 6-1/2" speaker will fit in the rear seat of an EG hatch with NO modification of ANYTHING? Just bolt it in and put the cover back on, then I'm done?

rudsone
02-12-2008, 12:08 AM
go to your local sound store...work out a deal with them...chronic car audio is a good place try n work out a deal...those brands i told you about are really good speaker brands.

for the sizes you said the avarage price would be 80-120 depending on brand and model...look into these and i can maybe get you a great deal.

I Hate Import Cars
02-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Oh ya. I forgot to mention. I still want to use my stock speaker grilles.

rudsone
02-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I don't get it...I haven't seen it before. I don't care enough to deal with custom mounting these. Are you telling me that a 6-1/2" speaker will fit in the rear seat of an EG hatch with NO modification of ANYTHING? Just bolt it in and put the cover back on, then I'm done?

if you have a ex or si i think they come with rear speaker panels if im not mistaken...if not then you have to run wire from there to the door speakers or deck, try and run your components with an amp because it will clarafy the sound by a million times.

I Hate Import Cars
02-12-2008, 12:20 AM
if you have a ex or si i think they come with rear speaker panels if im not mistaken...if not then you have to run wire from there to the door speakers or deck, try and run your components with an amp because it will clarafy the sound by a million times.

THANK YOU! See these are things I need to know! There are outputs on my amp for speakers (I think), but I don't know if I should use those or the stock speaker wiring in the car.

The car is a DX, but I have the interior out of it right now and even though there were no speakers in it stock, there IS wiring for them in the harness. So there is wiring from the back of my deck to the rear speakers. So how do I know if I should run the rear speakers from the amp or through the stock harness? I guess I assumed that the speaker outputs on the amp were for if you wanted rear speakers in a vehicle that doesn't have factory wiring for them.

rudsone
02-12-2008, 12:26 AM
na man amps have multiple outs, some have 1 out or other have 2 or 4, but yeah you get the eyedea...as far as how to run you speakers thru the amp, i would use a different amp for the components because if you use one then the sub wont work as good.

look into those brands i showed you man....go to chronic car audio...

I Hate Import Cars
02-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Will do man. Thanks for the help.

rudsone
02-12-2008, 12:45 AM
no problem.

keep in mind that 100% of audio is sold at over 600% of wholesale price.

seriously lol.

I Hate Import Cars
02-12-2008, 12:50 AM
No shit, huh? I'm looking on this site www.onlinecarstereo.com and I can get 4 Pioneer 3-way 6-1/2" speakers shipped for just over $100! And you KNOW they make money on it. So what does THAT tell me about the prices they pay?! IF I could find out FOR SURE that I could use a 6-1/2" speaker in the rear with no problems, I'd probably get these tomorrow. Any thoughts?

rudsone
02-12-2008, 12:53 AM
show your local audio shop that price and they will beat it buy ten bucks for sure...like i said chronic is a good place with good guys, tell them you know DJ (manages the west side). but thats a good price either way...hit up craigslist...

good luck, im going to sleep.

cbaracing
02-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Are you telling me that a 6-1/2" speaker will fit in the rear seat of an EG hatch with NO modification of ANYTHING? Just bolt it in and put the cover back on, then I'm done?

uh yes :crazy:
i already told you silly :boxer:

I Hate Import Cars
02-12-2008, 09:51 AM
uh yes :crazy:
i already told you silly :boxer:

HAHAHAHA!! YOU BASTARD! YOU DID NOT!!!! I ASKED you that, and you said, "Ya, I'm pretty sure." "Pretty sure" and "YES" are two totally different things to me! But thank you for answering me CLEARLY! that makes things a lot easier!

cbaracing
02-12-2008, 10:41 AM
HAHAHAHA!! YOU BASTARD! YOU DID NOT!!!!

did to :lame:

I Hate Import Cars
02-12-2008, 11:00 AM
did to :lame:

Wub woo. :snookems: