PDA

View Full Version : Foglights

YuckerDisMe
02-19-2008, 08:23 AM
I need someones help installing some foglights. If you have installed some before and would like to help me, post or pm me, thanks :)

Rufus
02-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Each side has a ground (both are behind the headlights on the fenderwell).

The wire runs up the passenger side (drop the inner fender well and route it through there).

Pop it through the firewall, it should extend to the far left side of the glove box and end with a clip.

That clip connects to the other harness which contains the toggle switch and relays. The toggle is shit. Go buy another one from Autozone and always leave it in the on position.

There is a power source slot on the middle of your fuse box (under the dash). Look under the driverside dash and you will see the fuse box. It takes one screw to drop it down.

Once you identify where it gets plugged in (it's really right in the center of it) you will have it set up to come on when your parking lights come on.

GAME OVER

YuckerDisMe
02-19-2008, 08:52 AM
its more about cutting the bumper, i dont have the template so not sure how much to cut.

I have the instructions for installing them.

Rufus
02-19-2008, 09:04 AM
I don't know why everyone trips out about that. You can always take too liitle out and keep removing more if needed, however, once you do it you'll be like "oh gee, rufus was right it's frickin self explainitory".

Basically it comes down to how the assembly mounts. The portion facing outward has a tab that rest behind the bumper. So you'll cut all of the outer portion out. The portion facing inward, wraps around the edge of the plastic to mount with two screws so you'll need to retain that part.

I'll find a pic

YuckerDisMe
02-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Whos tripping out? Im the type of person who like to make sure i know what im doing before i start a project. I already cut out the the little black part on the bumper

Rufus
02-19-2008, 09:15 AM
YOU!

haha nah d00d people always worry about cutting when asking for fog lights but really as long as you go slow you can never fuck it up. I have a good pic gimme a sec.

YuckerDisMe
02-19-2008, 09:18 AM
alright sounds good, with a good pic. I should be able to get it done today before school. I need to pic up my hids also.

Rufus
02-19-2008, 09:40 AM
http://i27.tinypic.com/2hd04f6.gif

YuckerDisMe
02-19-2008, 09:43 AM
So you cut out about all of it. Thats what i figured, thanks.

Rufus
02-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Ya you can tell when you lay the light against it.

YuckerDisMe
02-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Yeah, thats what i did, but i always double check before i mess with my car.