PDA

View Full Version : dilemma?

Shiznit
02-26-2008, 02:32 PM
ok so im going to install my turbo pretty soon here, but have come upon a dilemma.

first i need to get a custom downpipe made as well as catback system, so im assuming that means the turbo system needs to be installed.

second i somehow need to get this car from tucson to phoenix so i can get it tuned at locash.

now i dont really want to use an AFC so i can run my 450cc injectors, pull the wastegate spring and pray i dont go into boost, but at this point im thinking i dont have many choices. or maybe i should rent a truck from some car rental place and rent a trailer from uhaul or something for a weekend. what would/did you guys do if/when you were in my position. are there any options im overlooking here?

The President
02-26-2008, 03:12 PM
no boost controller? just set the thing at like 4 psi and drive up here. if it's not an option then just rent a u-haul car dolly and tow it up here.

hush22@cox.net
02-26-2008, 04:47 PM
You could drive with the charge pipe off. Make sure to cap off any openings, or filter them. towing is the best option. I think we've all been in your shoes. You could also pm turboelements for any tech advise or parts.