PDA

View Full Version : I need to borrow your part so I can build my own! Any help?

I Hate Import Cars
03-13-2008, 05:02 PM
So, here's the deal. I need to borrow a set of the engine-to-transmission braces found on all (I think) B series. They are parts #9 and #11 in this schematic, if it helps. I need them for my car, and they're not cheap, so I'm just going to build my own. I just need to have a set physically in front of me to make a schematic drawing to base the ones I build off of.

So, does anyone have any that I can use? Please? Just for a day or less? I'll even clean them up for you before I return them! I'm legit and am not going to steal your parts. I promise. There are numerous members of the forum that can (and hopefully WILL) vouch for me. Please PM me or call my cell if anyone can help. Thanks!

X Kyle X

91DA9
03-13-2008, 08:25 PM
I think I have you covered man, I'll have to check my dad's house, he's got my old LS motor sitting on an engine stand in the garage, these braces should still be on there...

Gen2ITR
03-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Why?
Ditch them.....They are practially useless unless you plan on offroading your setup. These are some of Honda's OVER-REDUNDANT engineering parts.
You will not hurt anything by removing them.

cbaracing
03-14-2008, 10:08 AM
They are parts #9 and #11 in this schematic, if it helps. I need them for my car, and they're not cheap,

kyle you know what you need to do :poke:

I Hate Import Cars
03-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Why?
Ditch them.....They are practially useless unless you plan on offroading your setup. These are some of Honda's OVER-REDUNDANT engineering parts.
You will not hurt anything by removing them.

I'd rather not. I realize that Honda over-engineers a lot of things, and I'm sure I can GET BY without them (like I am now), but I also think that there's a reason that a stock Honda will last for 2 or 3 hundred k miles...because they're over-engineered!

Or just buy my itr brace, its once piece instead of 2. 40 bucks its yours

I'd like to, but I can't use it. My header won't clear an ITR trans brace. Thanks though.

kyle you know what you need to do :poke:

Smart ass...you said you just had the ITR one...

I think I may have just found a set to buy...

cbaracing
03-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Smart ass...you said you just had the ITR one...

I think I may have just found a set to buy...

i have the others
you never asked
plus they will be cheaper than the ones you found

I Hate Import Cars
03-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Found. Done. Bought. Sweet. Someone erase this thread now. It has served it's purpose.

onefst91hatch
03-17-2008, 12:33 PM
i have a set. there yours for a 12 pack of DOS XX lager. pm me

I Hate Import Cars
03-17-2008, 02:45 PM
i have a set. there yours for a 12 pack of DOS XX lager. pm me

HAHAHA!! that's actually a pretty tempting deal...but see previous post.

advert
03-17-2008, 02:58 PM
HAHAHA!! that's actually a pretty tempting deal...but see previous post.

damn if it falls threw. i will do it for a 6 pack instead.

haha glad you got them man