PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Buff!

Dirtbikeraz125
03-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Alright so i'm getting my car painted by a friend right now, but the thing is he does not know how to buff. So what should I do? Should I just take it to a body shop and have them buff it out for me? Or should I try it myself? Or would just hand polishing work just as good? Let me know guys I really want my car to shine. thanks --sal--

The God Damn Batman
03-17-2008, 02:20 PM
if you have never done it before i probably wouldnt suggest it...but its not a hard process at all.
You need to wet sand it. make sure there is plenty of water on the body. then while doing this use rubbing compound and a buffer to bring out the shine. Again not hard but you gotta be careful you dont burn thru the paint.

now are u buffing to get just the shine to come thru or is it to get the dirt out of the paint or both??

Dirtbikeraz125
03-19-2008, 12:34 AM
well i get the car back on thursday so i'll see if there is dirt, and it will most likely be just for it to shine.

sircumilot
04-01-2008, 09:53 PM
your buddy paints and doesnt know how to buff? they sort of go together. kinda scared to see what thats going to look like.

Dirtbikeraz125
04-02-2008, 10:57 AM
well i just found out that only he does the body work and he pays someone come and paint it for him. I didn't know that at all. I thought he did the body work and painted the car to but he has his friend that owns a body shop come and paint it.

Rollin_Eg
04-02-2008, 11:16 AM
if you have never done it before i probably wouldnt suggest it...but its not a hard process at all.
You need to wet sand it. make sure there is plenty of water on the body. then while doing this use rubbing compound and a buffer to bring out the shine. Again not hard but you gotta be careful you dont burn thru the paint.

x2

JimmyJamz
04-21-2008, 06:43 PM
its not that hard to buff. if you got a wheel compound and some pads ill do it for ya, lol. i worked at acura of peoria as a detailer. no one ever complained about the work i did.

slowestfastguy
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Hope it turned out alright!