PDA

View Full Version : NASA April 5th? FIR East...

SlowCivicHmm
03-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Everyone check in.....

comptonasskerry
03-19-2008, 01:05 PM
im going.

JoshDC2
03-19-2008, 01:41 PM
i'll be out on a corner waving flags

Kinetic
03-19-2008, 03:01 PM
I will be teching the cars..... then I might run a session or 2......

Vtecracer
03-19-2008, 03:52 PM
I will be out there barring any unforeseen circumstances with the car.... should be fun.!

topramn
03-19-2008, 07:43 PM
wooohooo.. i will be out there doing the robot....

ILIKETODRIVE
03-19-2008, 07:44 PM
I probably have to work that day. Fucking lame ass shit. :thumbsdown:

SlowCivicHmm
03-19-2008, 09:09 PM
glad the usuals are making it...

East is fun...anyone else ran it??

I was talking to Jeff and he said its going to be a messy race...no one will wanna give up positions and see lil gravel time.....TRADING PAINT!!! lol

Vtecracer
03-19-2008, 09:33 PM
glad the usuals are making it...

East is fun...anyone else ran it??

I was talking to Jeff and he said its going to be a messy race...no one will wanna give up positions and see lil gravel time.....TRADING PAINT!!! lol

I am assuming you are in reference to the nasa race groups...... I sure as hell wont be wanting to trade any of my expensive paint job with people in drivers education...:(

Oh and i am coming blowerless...... no more boost for me

BlueTeg
03-19-2008, 09:40 PM
He is talking about race group, its a tough track to race on because unless you have a ton more power than the other guy, there isn't enough straight away to make a pass without the other guy lifting.

If people don't give up position to faster cars in DE they will hear about in the D/L (at least in mine!!!) :boxer:

Vtecracer
03-19-2008, 10:09 PM
He is talking about race group, its a tough track to race on because unless you have a ton more power than the other guy, there isn't enough straight away to make a pass without the other guy lifting.

If people don't give up position to faster cars in DE they will hear about in the D/L (at least in mine!!!) :boxer:

hooray for you Gabe... i know from our last outing that hopefully there wont be anymore stingrays botching things up! :)

SlowCivicHmm
03-19-2008, 10:19 PM

of course race group.......

DE guys don't race......we run sessions......durrr....lol

anywho, yes, fun track!! I can't wait..

Vtecracer
03-20-2008, 12:07 AM
of course race group.......

DE guys don't race......we run sessions......durrr....lol

anywho, yes, fun track!! I can't wait..

LOL yeah i know we run sessions but as Gabe would say "who is winning the de2 race..?"

a joke i found very funny....

Anyone want to give me some pointers about the east track? I have not had the opportunity to run there yet.

SlowCivicHmm
03-20-2008, 12:19 AM
http://firebirdraceway.com/5.5web/images/eastcourse.jpg

Turn 8,9 gets really slick over the weekend.....I know from experience......and not only cuz how I drive, but seeing like 10 spins/off track excursions on a sat alone......

turn 1 has a nice drop off to watch out for...

Coming into the pit it feels like you have to go in full speed till you pass the corner worker @ turn 5 then work the brakes to roll tru pit lane @ speed limit....kinda funky...

the paddock is center of track......you can only reach the paddock between sessions since you have to cross the track to enter the paddock.......

PADDOCK IS MOSTLY DIRT!!! some pave'd spots only down pit lane........

topramn
03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
negative joser.. we dont paddock in the center of the track... we enter and exit track between turns 10 and 1.. and paddock on the road leading into the track..

Tage
03-20-2008, 10:19 AM
I'll be there.

FYI - You see a lot of spins in T8 & T9 because it's one of the few places in AZ that has a *high speed* transition. Most drivers w/o an autoxing background won't have much experience driving this type of feature. Hell even I've spun here but was able to keep enough control to miss the gravel pit.

BlueTeg
03-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Anyone want to give me some pointers about the east track? I have not had the opportunity to run there yet.

Decreasing radius turn 4 will own you if you don't setup for it correctly.

ILIKETODRIVE
03-20-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm telling my boss tomorrow that I won't be in on the 5th so I can run.

Who needs money anyways? :thumbup:

autoxek9
03-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I haven't run with NASA for about a year now and too lazy to check CCRs. Is it a requirement to have an anti-sub belt for those with harnesses in their DE cars? I remember a friend not passing tech a few years back because of only having a 4pt harness with his bucket seat.

JoshDC2
03-20-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm telling my boss tomorrow that I won't be in on the 5th so I can run.

Who needs money anyways? :thumbup:

thats the way to do it simon!

flyzlow
03-20-2008, 09:37 PM
I'll be out there, but haven't decided whether or not I'll bring the car yet. I might just come up to see what I can do to help out the HC guys. I also need to get some new vinyl made for my car.

topramn
03-20-2008, 11:57 PM
I haven't run with NASA for about a year now and too lazy to check CCRs. Is it a requirement to have an anti-sub belt for those with harnesses in their DE cars? I remember a friend not passing tech a few years back because of only having a 4pt harness with his bucket seat.

sub belt is required if you are using harnesses.. stock seat belts are okay also..

SlowCivicHmm
03-21-2008, 01:35 AM
negative joser.. we dont paddock in the center of the track... we enter and exit track between turns 10 and 1.. and paddock on the road leading into the track..

oh wow....good to know.....

hows pitting during a session work just outta curiousity??

topramn
03-21-2008, 04:30 AM
oh wow....good to know.....

hows pitting during a session work just outta curiousity??

very carefully....

MOD's Spell Checker
03-21-2008, 05:52 AM
i will be doing HPDE1

though ill hopefully be bumped up quickly since ive done it years ago, but not familiar with east track and would like an instructor show me the line...

btw vtecracer, i took a few pics of you the other weekend...

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3397/img0318vs9.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2418/img0309ti9.jpg

LoooseGSR
03-21-2008, 09:19 AM
I'll be out there, but haven't decided whether or not I'll bring the car yet. I might just come up to see what I can do to help out the HC guys. I also need to get some new vinyl made for my car.

I may be in the same boat Scott, but if I can get my brakes sorted, I may come out and burn up the rest of my tires, but I agree it is a HARD track to race on, very narrow, but it will make for some REALLY good racing. It's a fun track, see you fawkers out there.

Justin

ILIKETODRIVE
03-21-2008, 05:33 PM
i will be doing HPDE1

though ill hopefully be bumped up quickly since ive done it years ago, but not familiar with east track and would like an instructor show me the line...

If you still have your passport, see if you can get in DE2 and have Dan go with you. :wave:

Vtecracer
03-22-2008, 01:14 PM
btw vtecracer, i took a few pics of you the other weekend...

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3397/img0318vs9.jpg
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2418/img0309ti9.jpg

Thanks for the pics... they look good. I really like the first one. Keep it up!

Eric

SlowCivicHmm
03-23-2008, 01:20 PM
If you still have your passport, see if you can get in DE2 and have Dan go with you. :wave:

yeah depending on your old membership, they might be able to renew it and let you in DE2.....you can still rqst an instructor in DE2....

SlowCivicHmm
03-23-2008, 01:21 PM
very carefully....

Thanks for the info bud...

LoooseGSR
03-23-2008, 02:46 PM
I will be there, instructing.

fmx_dbc
03-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Just like my last couple track day posts, I might be there if I can get the car figured out. It started, ran fine for a couple miles, then just completely died. I'm hoping that maybe my timing slipped and that's why it's not starting now. If it runs and doesn't blows too much smoke, I'll be there!

topramn
03-23-2008, 07:17 PM
i have some paint on my car.. yay!

BlueTeg
03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
i will be doing HPDE1

You should be fine in DE2. I will vouch to Merv for you.

comptonasskerry
03-23-2008, 11:34 PM
so i think im going to vegas that weekend kinda pissed wanted to pop my cherry on a track finally but whatever if im there im there if not next time for sure. but if simon isnt there someone should kick him in the nutz

SlowCivicHmm
03-23-2008, 11:53 PM
vegas over track?? boooo

Phantomeg
03-24-2008, 04:28 AM
I'll be there...

comptonasskerry
03-24-2008, 09:15 AM
vegas over track?? boooo
hahahahahaha my parents want to see me man. there will be another track event,

yosshaa
03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
hahahahahaha my parents want to see me man. there will be another track event,

going to vegas for your parents??? bboooooo

the only reasons to go to vegas are for
:drunk:, :bananaman:, :blackjack::crazy:

PhoenixB16
03-24-2008, 01:36 PM
will be there with my 3 cylinder blue beast.

Vtecracer
03-24-2008, 04:22 PM
I'll be there...

WHooaa... hold the pressess... are you really going to be back out? Its been awhile.

:)

Phantomeg
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
WHooaa... hold the pressess... are you really going to be back out? Its been awhile.

:)

My oil pan should be here tomorrow so...I need to get off my ass and get that engine installed.

SlowCivicHmm
03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
will be there with my 3 cylinder blue beast.

STOP EVERYTHING!!

Brett you going out??? aaawwww chit!! Its on son......DE2 like the old days..........i'm griddin behind you.......

Daddy_Digital
03-24-2008, 09:10 PM
im interested in going, just dont have any buddies who are into auto x. plus if i went, itd be my first time. looks like fun. when? where? how much? pm me ..holla @ ur boy

BlueTeg
03-24-2008, 10:46 PM
im interested in going, just dont have any buddies who are into auto x. plus if i went, itd be my first time. looks like fun. when? where? how much? pm me ..holla @ ur boy

This isn't an autocross.

April 5th

Firebird (east track)

Free to spectate. go to www.nasaproracing.com to check for rates for drivers. go to forums.clubracingaz.com for the FAQ section

PhoenixB16
03-25-2008, 10:14 AM
STOP EVERYTHING!!

Brett you going out??? aaawwww chit!! Its on son......DE2 like the old days..........i'm griddin behind you.......

Joser I will be there. #4 is on its way out:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Its blowing oil out of the cap when its removed,and is about 25 psi low. Ant and i poured some Olde English on it to revive it,and no bueno. I want to try to do a session and see what happens,but im not holding my breath.

SlowCivicHmm
03-25-2008, 10:52 AM
dude.....throw a bottle of this stuff I put in my shit from VATOZONE...might help....its a yellow bottle....huge piston image on it....WITH RING SEAL!!! lol

bumped my compession up from 90psi to 180.....try it...worth 10 bucks I guess....

comptonasskerry
03-25-2008, 12:40 PM
going to vegas for your parents??? bboooooo

the only reasons to go to vegas are for
:drunk:, :bananaman:, :blackjack::crazy:

i know but not 21 yet ill see if i can make it and just go to vegas before or after the event.

Kinetic
03-26-2008, 02:42 PM
DE 1 sold out!

Vtecracer
03-26-2008, 07:42 PM
DE 1 sold out!

and DE-3 sold out!!!

only 7 spots left for de-2

MOD's Spell Checker
03-27-2008, 12:41 AM
You should be fine in DE2. I will vouch to Merv for you.

also have new car, to which i dont have the feeling yet of it. so ill rock DE1 for the first session or so. or do you guys think i should just jump right into DE2?

SlowCivicHmm
03-27-2008, 01:09 AM
c'mon now......de2 FTW!!!

MOD's Spell Checker
03-27-2008, 01:10 AM
whos in DE2?

so far my buddy with a new Mustang is in DE2. got another buddy in DE1 with a STi

SlowCivicHmm
03-27-2008, 01:18 AM
most of the AZHT regulars are DE2......

come to think of it......everyone is DE2.......thats why its fukkin pakked on track...TRAFFIC!!

Soon I'll be in DE3....I need lil more power to keep up...

Kinetic
03-27-2008, 09:52 AM
most of the AZHT regulars are DE2......

come to think of it......everyone is DE2.......thats why its fukkin pakked on track...TRAFFIC!!

Everyone is in 2 because they can't hang with me in 3...............

sooooo one needs to step up and becaome the fastest Honda in HPDE 3:smoke:

BlueTeg
03-27-2008, 11:39 AM
also have new car, to which i dont have the feeling yet of it. so ill rock DE1 for the first session or so. or do you guys think i should just jump right into DE2?

Run DE2, and just request and instructor in the driver's meeting in the AM. The group leader is Mervin Tan (honduh dood). Chris Soehren or myself will also be helping out (insert Dwight Shrute joke here) as assistang group leaders / instructors

also have new car

What car?

BlueTeg
03-27-2008, 12:40 PM

technique > power

Ask any of the v8 guys that you're already passing in DE2....

Kinetic
03-27-2008, 03:04 PM
technique > power

Ask any of the v8 guys that you're already passing in DE2....

You tell em gabe!

BlueTeg
03-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Everyone is in 2 because they can't hang with me in 3...............

I wouldn't go so far as to say "everyone", LOL.

Myself, Dan Zollo, Jeff, Dan, Mervin, Scott Brewer, Tage, Erik, Rutlege, Tony, Bloomturd (just to name a few) don't run in DE2

UMS Tuning Sales
03-27-2008, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say "everyone", LOL.

Myself, Dan Zollo, Jeff, Dan, Mervin, Scott Brewer, Tage, Erik, Rutlege, Tony, Bloomturd (just to name a few) don't run in DE2

you and tage are the only ones mentioned THAT DON"T RUN RACE CARS........
and your cars are still track only.......

I'm by no means the best FWD driver out there *cough* Tage, Brady *cough*

You are the only FWDcar in HPDE that I fear....the BeatR is tough....

jeff@loooseboyracing.com
03-27-2008, 09:07 PM
ill be going to for track record in my car on sat for PTC
hopeing to finish the race as well aside from a hot lap- car really hasnt seen track time in 2 years - need to sort out all sorts of stuff!

MOD's Spell Checker
03-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Run DE2, and just request and instructor in the driver's meeting in the AM. The group leader is Mervin Tan (honduh dood). Chris Soehren or myself will also be helping out (insert Dwight Shrute joke here) as assistang group leaders / instructors

What car?

sounds good

new car http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56326

MOD's Spell Checker
03-28-2008, 01:38 AM
its getting warmer... long shirts required? shorts?

lol, i just got done watching youtube videos of firebird east, i feel like ive been racing there for years now

SlowCivicHmm
03-28-2008, 08:33 AM
very true gabe....on the technique part....but still on the straights they drag race and I loooose.......need lil more power/torque...

don't quote me, but I think no shorts and they allow short sleeve........even though I'd recommend long to avoid sun burn and exposure all day.....dress iin layers...best thing to do mornings can get cold depending what time you show up.....even though FIR should warm up faster than PIR...fuk it was cold...

BlueTeg
03-28-2008, 08:34 AM
No long sleeves, pants, etc. required for DE 1 - DE 3.

SlowCivicHmm
03-28-2008, 08:35 AM
you and tage are the only ones mentioned THAT DON"T RUN RACE CARS........
and your cars are still track only.......

You are the only FWDcar in HPDE that I fear....the BeatR is tough....

see I need power.....I wanna be feared!! lol

flyzlow
03-28-2008, 10:00 AM

Damn, no love. :-p J/k .. those guys are fast as shit. I'd like to get either/both of them in my car to see how much time I'm still leaving out there.

Looks like I'll be bringing my car up afterall so we can all get Toyo Bucks in H2. I need to get to work on that thing this weekend and make sure I can actually finish the race this time. I vote for a standing start on the back straight away for small bore!

flyzlow
03-28-2008, 10:01 AM

Don't slow down for the oval for turn 1 and people will fear you. ;)

UMS Tuning Sales
03-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Don't slow down for the oval for turn 1 and people will fear you. ;)

or laugh if the car goes into the wall.........................:grin:

MOD's Spell Checker
03-28-2008, 10:21 AM
just stare that them F&F style when you pass them/get passed

i would stay away from you if you do that to me on the 5th

mc_rhett_meister
03-28-2008, 10:28 AM
signed up.

topramn
03-28-2008, 05:12 PM
I vote for a standing start on the back straight away for small bore!

vote recognized and passed on to the higher powers...

ILIKETODRIVE
03-28-2008, 05:52 PM
signed up.

DAMMIT, now I better be able to get the 5th off. :hi:

SlowCivicHmm
03-28-2008, 10:06 PM
or laugh if the car goes into the wall.........................:grin:

thanks bro!! hahaha

I already saw the grass after turn 1 scott....hahahaha

Vtecracer
03-29-2008, 12:34 PM
thanks bro!! hahaha

I already saw the grass after turn 1 scott....hahahaha

so what your saying is.... that you need more brakes and tires as well as power??

haha just toying with you man lol :)

SlowCivicHmm
03-29-2008, 04:33 PM
brakes are fine....

tires are SHIT!!!

I need Power to keep up on the straights thats all....maybe some NAWS!!

Vtecracer
03-29-2008, 05:01 PM
NAWS now that some funny *ish right there. See you saturday man.

SlowCivicHmm
03-29-2008, 07:22 PM
I might be sporting vtec for the may event...LOL

oh oh watcha!!!

JoshDC2
03-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Looks like i'll just be watching on sat. :( limited corner workers and i'm not comfortable being on a corner by myself yet.

HOWEVER, i will be running with vtec i in the may event ;) :grin: :smile: :twisted: :devil1: :thumbsup:

SlowCivicHmm
03-29-2008, 08:30 PM
if any one knows me, i'm anti having b-series/vtec........

SOHC vtec FTW!! lol......extra torque....baby LS Vtec...lol, no joke!!

yO Jeremy...630am???

JoshDC2
03-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Your holding the rope for all SOHC hondas in nasa i swear.
i was going to join you but we know what happen there...
but i'm... upgrading...

SlowCivicHmm
03-30-2008, 10:20 AM
I guess I am the only Honda/SOHC out there...and probably always will be...lol

look foward to seeing more honduh's out on track...took me a few years to start..now I don't know why I took that long...

topramn
03-30-2008, 05:55 PM
you are not the only SOHC out there..

kent durkee -- from Speed Channels TV show Setup and one of the NASA AZ instructors will be going for Honda Challenge H2 in his sohc crx.. he has been running a single cam in that car for the past year or so..

simon -- azht member name is "iliketodrive" is true to the SOHC

myself -- sohc vtec owner for about 6 years now.. will be building an ef hatch track car for Honda Challenge with a SOHC and will be doing DE in that hatch until ready for HC

JoshDC2
03-30-2008, 06:02 PM
when are we going to see the ef hatch on the track ramen?

MOD's Spell Checker
03-30-2008, 06:55 PM
uno weeko lefto

topramn
03-30-2008, 08:42 PM
when are we going to see the ef hatch on the track ramen?

as soon as my EG stays running everytime i get money to start working on the EF.. maybe may or june? i hope..

Kinetic
03-30-2008, 10:43 PM
if any one knows me, i'm anti having b-series/vtec........

SOHC vtec FTW!! lol......extra torque....baby LS Vtec...lol, no joke!!

yO Jeremy...630am???

yes sir...

bright and early

SlowCivicHmm
03-30-2008, 11:58 PM
you are not the only SOHC out there..

kent durkee -- from Speed Channels TV show Setup and one of the NASA AZ instructors will be going for Honda Challenge H2 in his sohc crx.. he has been running a single cam in that car for the past year or so..

simon -- azht member name is "iliketodrive" is true to the SOHC

myself -- sohc vtec owner for about 6 years now.. will be building an ef hatch track car for Honda Challenge with a SOHC and will be doing DE in that hatch until ready for HC

I thought most of the SOHC HC cars where done for.....wouldn't it be considered H4? or.......educate me...

Simon actually has a teg from what I hear nowadays?? his EF is gone......but yes I know hes another true SOHC head....I HAVE YET TO SEE A SOHC ON TRACK....and I say...ON TRACK......

I'm glad you are a SOHC head too, not much of us left around...

I'm rebuilding a SOHC EX tranny right now for better gearing...my currnt DX tranny sucks!! but it don't leave me far behind since I started tracking in Dec again...

SlowCivicHmm
03-31-2008, 12:05 AM
and to make myself clear, I mean in DE only......race group falls in a diff category cuz we all know whoever is in race group has been doing this for a long time....

in DE people drop on and off....look at myself....started 03/04 (did 6 events that year)....didn't start back up til 07/08......now its a monthly thing...

anywho....maybe I'll bust my ass and get the tranny in for East...hmmm

topramn
03-31-2008, 06:52 AM
last time i saw simon on track, he was d-series powered in his hatch.. sohc can run in H2 with different weight requirements.. me and kent durkee had a long discussion one day about it while working a porsche club event..

for more about HC rules and engine classes go here http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Honda-Challenge.pdf

page 4 specifically calls out single cam info for H2..

SlowCivicHmm
03-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Durkee had the red MR2 back in the day right?? if so he was my DE1 instructor and bumped me to DE2.......

my hatch is no where near spec legal for H4 where I'd like to be if I join race group........so i'd have to build another one or down grade my currnt chasis alot.....

See you guys SAT!!!

topramn
03-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Durkee had the red MR2 back in the day right?? if so he was my DE1 instructor and bumped me to DE2.......

my hatch is no where near spec legal for H4 where I'd like to be if I join race group........so i'd have to build another one or down grade my currnt chasis alot.....

See you guys SAT!!!

everyone in az is moving to h2. you should also. :thumbup:

SlowCivicHmm
03-31-2008, 11:54 AM
i shoulda been specific.....my car is not HC legal at all....lol

topramn
03-31-2008, 11:58 AM
you never know.. read the rules thoroughly..

SlowCivicHmm
03-31-2008, 12:04 PM
I've checked.......well for H4......plus with the dual classing I'll be all fukked in the PT series......

with pro auto, I'm in PS3......but oh well...DE's are fun enough for now....I might start looking into TA when fall hits......MORE POWER!!

PM'd ya.....need to pick your brain on a SOHC project...

topramn
03-31-2008, 09:42 PM
pm'd back..

ILIKETODRIVE
03-31-2008, 11:18 PM
DAMMIT, I still gotta put your cam in! :thumbsup:

SlowCivicHmm
04-01-2008, 12:15 AM
haha simon.....put it on hold for a diff build for either one of us....I'm going Vtec head.....won't work....got any good D parts around?? vtec cam?? lol

Joser

ILIKETODRIVE
04-01-2008, 04:51 PM
No VTEC stuff...:cry:

SlowCivicHmm
04-01-2008, 05:00 PM
I know, i'm all non vtec too...

I need a dizzy......any idea if a d15/nonvtec dizzy works on a vtec head??

got any tranny stuff laying around?? **lsd** lol.....

Tage
04-01-2008, 07:59 PM
For a DE2-DE3 level driver SOHC engines rock IMO.

I did a 1:14 at FIR Main with my green Civic with a SOHC, stock CX exhaust and full interior. I'd assume a 1:14 at PIR since times are usually the same between the tracks. With a CAI, decent exhaust and weight reduction I'd say a 1:13 would be possible.

I almost don't have to brake for T1 at PIR in my car so with the right technique and smooth inputs a SOHC shouldn't have to lift at all. My guess is a fully prep'd H4, H3 or H2 car doesn't need to brake for T1 but I've yet to drive one to try... :-)

Jeff, what is the track record for PTC/TTC? I'll be driving Gabe's car for TA and maybe a couple laps in TT as I wanna see if I can beat it the track record too.

FYI (Scott and whoever else) - I blew up the engine in Casper so I'll be at the event looking for ride alongs and will offer instruction and/or drives for folks looking for help.

topramn
04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
if the amount of life left in my motor wasnt questionable, id say bring harnesses and i would hand over the keys.. defintely wouldnt be the prettiest or fastest thing out there, but it would be something to drive all day..

BlueTeg
04-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Jeff, what is the track record for PTC/TTC?

I'll be driving Gabe's car for TA and maybe a couple laps in TT as I wanna see if I can beat it the track record too.

There is none for PTC or TTC. LOL, so all you have to do is finish top in your class and you're in.

We've only run there once as a "NASA" organization while they have had the PT series as well as the TT series. I checked mylaps.com and there are no times for the 2007 year (http://www.mylaps.com/search/advancedSearchResults.jsp?searchText=Firebird%20Ea st&subject=5). Likely because we usually run that weekend as a DE and test n tune only event (no race group or TT).

ILIKETODRIVE
04-01-2008, 11:40 PM
I did a 1:14 at FIR Main with my green Civic with a SOHC, stock CX exhaust and full interior. I'd assume a 1:14 at PIR since times are usually the same between the tracks. With a CAI, decent exhaust and weight reduction I'd say a 1:13 would be possible.

How was my hatch compared to yours? I know it was on FIR West but a comparison would be neato.

I know for sure mine was louder. :smile:

PhoenixB16
04-02-2008, 12:52 PM
I was in Setup too you bastards. lol ... And Joser I think Im not going to bother going this weekend. Motors tired,and id rather get some trim then sit at a track. Fuck,I can not believe I just said that :( Actually,IFFFF i go,I want to show Joser how a 3 cylinder b series handles the SOHC. lol j/k.

Tage
04-02-2008, 01:13 PM
How was my hatch compared to yours? I know it was on FIR West but a comparison would be neato.

I know for sure mine was louder. :smile:

Your car was much faster in a straight line. If you had better tires it had "comparable" handling.

mc_rhett_meister
04-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Tage, I heard from Sportcar Motion that you blew your motor?! details?

Vtecracer
04-02-2008, 03:24 PM
rhett, go check out clubracingaz....i am sure he posted in general discussion there what happened... i just did not want to link it.

later

topramn
04-02-2008, 08:18 PM
here is the full story for you lazy asses.. hope tage doesnt mind me posting it for him..

Day 1: I ran a personal best of 1:56.9 which is 1.4 seconds faster than my class record breaking time (1:58.3) in November. I’m pumped up and ready to kick some butt for the TA! I decide to go out for one more practice session just to try some different lines and whatnot and then it happens. I get a little overconfident through "the bus stop" (i.e. a 100+MPH turn) and I barely put two wheels in the dirt at the exit at about 100mph. The car gets loose and I gain control right at the turn in point for a fast sweeper going to the right. I’m pretty sure I could have made the turn but it would have caused me to get sideways the opposite direction and instead of risking going off track offtrack sideways and risking a rollover I took the safe route and just drove straight off the track and came to a controlled stop. The car was fine but the splitter got destroyed. I tried running the track w/o the splitter and I can say with certainty that the splitter works because my times slow down by 2-4 seconds and the car understeers like crazy causing me to have to lift through all the 100+MPH features. I immediately park the car and call it a day and head to Bakersfield about 30 miles away and buy some plywood, black paint, misc hardware and a jig saw from Home Depot. I head back to the track and I’m able to get the majority of the fabrication done at the track before sunset. The rest of the evening I worked by flashlight and make a new splitter which looks even better than the original!

Day 2: I’m pumped to try out my new splitter in the morning practice. I was pretty impressed with my craftsmanship (if I do say so myself) but I should have taken a picture of the splitter BEFORE going out on track though. Because myself and just a couple people pitted next to me where the only ones who ever got to see it on the car! After 1 warm up lap they dropped the green flag and my 1st hot lap I clocked a 1:56.9 on my steering wheel mounted stopwatch. That time was good enough for me so I tell myself I’m heading back to the pits to park the car and wait for the TA. As I’m cooling down and come over the crest of "Magic Mountain" (i.e. the name of one of the turns), I see *it* laying in the middle of the track and I think to myself $%@*’. My brand new splitter that I spent all night fabricating is laying in the middle of the track all busted up again! I come into the pits and feel sorry for myself and pissed about all the labor wasted the night before. However, it's not a total loss as my new splitter did incorporate a rubber air dam. The only problem with it is it's flimsy without the splitter as the splitter incorporated bracing to keep it from bending/folder over at speed. I think why not try it out since it's still attached to the car and there's not enough time to make another splitter anyway. I’m able to clock a couple high 1:58s but when I come into the pits the air dam is clearly bending over from the high speed airflow. Luckily I had some hardware materials left over to fabricate up some bracing behind the rubber air dam so it’s stiffer and doesn’t bend over from the wind and hope for the best going into the TA. In the TA on my first lap the car is understeering a little at high speed but not nearly as bad as without anything. I'm pretty impressived with the performance of my $20 rubber air dam from Home Depot. I clock a 1:58.328 on my first lap. On my 2nd lap I nail every section up to "the bus stop". I am flat out in 4th gear and the car is holding it’s line (i.e. not understeering). The engine is at full song at 8000RPM and I’m thinking to myself this could be a 1:57 or 1:56 lap if I continue at this pace, and then it happens… I don’t hear a bang, I simply see TONS of smoke coming from the engine and I can smell burning oil. I say to myself, "oh crap!" right as the engine oil hits the back tires. I fight to keep the car straight and avoid a rollover once I hit the dirt. I'm able to get the car pointed straight and go offtrack once again. As I’m driving through the dirt I think to myself that if I dropped oil all over the track, the guy behind me is probably going to loose control and crash right into me! So I head back on track and drive to the other side where it’s safer for me (and others). I watch as the car behind me heads into the section where I blew my motor and he almost looses control but manages to stay on track. The TA session is black flagged and all cars return to the grid while the track cleans up my mess. About an hour later the event resumes.

The results? I had a failed rod bolt causing the rod bearing cap to come off and the upper part of the rod came off the crank and shot through the side of the block. However my ONE lap was enough to get me in the results and it was good enough to take the win in the FWD Unlimited class as well as the overall FWD win. The next closest car was about a half second behind me.

NOTE: We ran CW #13 configuration.

http://redlinetimeattack.com/

BlueTeg
04-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Is anyone bringing an EZEup for tomorrow. Its gonna be a hot one to be out in the sun all day. :-|

UMS Tuning Sales
04-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Is anyone bringing an EZEup for tomorrow. Its gonna be a hot one to be out in the sun all day. :-|

we might have one... but no room for you...unless you have refreshment

Vtecracer
04-04-2008, 03:51 PM
what kind of refreshment you want i will buy and bring if i can sit in the shade.

topramn
04-04-2008, 07:28 PM
we might have one... but no room for you...unless you have refreshment

i will only allow you on track if the canopy is left at grid with me...

what kind of refreshment you want i will buy and bring if i can sit in the shade.

DUH!!! reFRESHment.. i prefer green bottles with two x's on them.. since the canopy will be parked at grid, might as well bring refreshment for me too.. otherwise you no get on track either..

Tage
04-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Had I not blown my motor, I'd be buying a generator and AC (and a TV) for my trailer right about now. Grrrrr...

topramn
04-05-2008, 07:02 PM
good job today guys.. joser gets a :thumbsdown: for not showing up..

MOD's Spell Checker
04-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Boo Joser

Excellent day guys!!!

I think the new car seems to be overall faster than the DA... but still underpowered

brakes are way better, power is better (but still lacking) and could use stickier tires

best 11 hours spent (6am to 5pm) in a long time

SlowCivicHmm
04-05-2008, 08:02 PM
good job today guys.. joser gets a :thumbsdown: for not showing up..

thumbs down for me yes...

Sorry fellas..(especially jeremy) I thought I had fought the flu off this past week....woke up with a fever and drenched in sweat........still managed to shower get dressed and decided wasn't a good idea.....had a 101 temp....

hatch is still outside fully loaded/prep'd for today....... :-(

I have no one's # really......sorry again fellas.....

MOD's Spell Checker
04-05-2008, 09:20 PM
i still would have raced, but with the AC on

SlowCivicHmm
04-05-2008, 09:25 PM
funny jon....

I'm still feeling like crap.....weak, haven't ate...BLAH!!

ILIKETODRIVE
04-06-2008, 05:12 AM
I couldn't get out there because...well, I had a very good reason. :thumbup:

I will 100% be at every event I possibly can now. (Hint hint, wink wink as to what I was doing yesterday :))

MOD's Spell Checker
04-06-2008, 09:21 AM
masterbating?

Whatever it was... it shouldnt prevent you from showing up...

i was there for 11 hours... what were you doing for 11 hours?

Vtecracer
04-06-2008, 09:26 AM
masterbating?

Whatever it was... it shouldnt prevent you from showing up...

i was there for 11 hours... what were you doing for 11 hours?

yeah Simon....what were you doing for 11 hours? I too was there from 6 am till 530 pm and did not see you and I came to YOUR side of town too.

jeff@loooseboyracing.com
04-06-2008, 10:27 AM
i must have got a rock or tire booger in the small gap by my timing gears-
jumped a bunch of teeth - motor had 20 minutes on it. - this car is cursed-
car was hooked up though!
:bananaman:

SlowCivicHmm
04-07-2008, 08:54 AM
sorry to hear jeff.......fuk...and you just put that thing back together huh...

flyzlow
04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Here's how my weekend went:

http://www.ericjacobsen.org/pics/ScottBMotor/IMG_1351.JPG

UMS Tuning Sales
04-07-2008, 04:37 PM
I ended off course checking the 4wd action in the gravel pit..............

sorry about the motors guys that is uber shitty.

Joser=FAIL

J/K...... I now you have health issues

UMS Tuning Sales
04-07-2008, 05:10 PM
i will only allow you on track if the canopy is left at grid with me...

DUH!!! reFRESHment.. i prefer green bottles with two x's on them.. since the canopy will be parked at grid, might as well bring refreshment for me too.. otherwise you no get on track either..

This was Ramin after informing him that there was no refreshment

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/kineticgsr/0408%20FIR%20east/IMG_2159.jpg

fifth
04-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Scott... did you tare down the motor yet?

Phantomeg
04-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Me and Rhett at Firebird this weekend...http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/b-siebert/NASA%20April%205th/IMG_3108wm.jpg

SlowCivicHmm
04-07-2008, 07:59 PM
I ended off course checking the 4wd action in the gravel pit..............

sorry about the motors guys that is uber shitty.

Joser=FAIL

J/K...... I now you have health issues

which gravel pit??

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/SSPX01202.jpg

that was my last time on east....at turn 8-10 area.......

Yeah jeremy....i do have health issues, but for the 1st time this was just a cold/flu....I was grateful, but pissed @ the same time.....grrr

Tage
04-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I couldn't get out there because...well, I had a very good reason. :thumbup:

I will 100% be at every event I possibly can now. (Hint hint, wink wink as to what I was doing yesterday :))

Brittany Spears' sister??? :bananaman::drunk:

Tage
04-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Me and Rhett at Firebird this weekend...http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/b-siebert/NASA%20April%205th/IMG_3108wm.jpg

Rhett is on your ass!

topramn
04-07-2008, 09:36 PM
which gravel pit??

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/SSPX01202.jpg

that was my last time on east....at turn 8-10 area.......

Yeah jeremy....i do have health issues, but for the 1st time this was just a cold/flu....I was grateful, but pissed @ the same time.....grrr

jeremy was in wayyy worse than that..

flyzlow
04-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Scott... did you tare down the motor yet?

Nah .. I'll probably just wait until I have the motor out of the car to do it. I'm now just focusing my efforts on getting this B20 built so I can hopefully be back out for the May events. I have a feeling that this failure had something to do with my Sunday DNF the last time out at PIR. Perhaps that time I shut it down just before it blew, but the damage was already done? This thing only went 3 laps into the weekend and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss a shift or anything, so I'm guessing the 2 are related. I was pretty low on oil after the last event. I only got about 2.5 qts out of the block when I changed it (I put 5 in), so maybe I ran low enough to oil starve a bearing. I'm not sure where all that damn oil went though.

SlowCivicHmm
04-07-2008, 11:47 PM
jeremy was in wayyy worse than that..

FUK.......

i found gravel in my bay and everywhere else for that mater for weeks....I still have some in my rad grill...

SlowCivicHmm
04-07-2008, 11:47 PM

Damn I missed out!! not that i woulda been able to keep up...hahaha

ILIKETODRIVE
04-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Rhett is on your ass!

x2

That picture is fucking hottttt sexy time. :crazy:

MOD's Spell Checker
04-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Here's how my weekend went:

http://www.ericjacobsen.org/pics/ScottBMotor/IMG_1351.JPG

just plug the hole with JB weld...

and get a full race traction bar