PDA

View Full Version : Deeal gone bad and seller won't respond. Mods?

I Hate Import Cars
03-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Long story short, I bought a phone from someone on here and was told in a PM (which I still have) that the phone would work with my service and no problems. So I bought the phone. Then found out that it will NOT work with my service. I told him this and that I want to get my money back and I'll return the phone just as I got it. He said no because it was opened and that he never said it would work with my service, despite me having the PM still in which he said that it WOULD work.

Is this an issue that a mod can get involved in with the intent of solving it? The thread was not a "WTB" or "WTS" thread, but was all through PM's, so that's why I'm wondering if the mods will do anything about it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Rufus
03-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Eh, we can't force someone to return it but people in the past have made public posts regarding deals gone bad. This is also the purpose of Itrader

I Hate Import Cars
03-21-2008, 01:22 PM
What's a mod gonna do? Tell him to pay you?

I don't know. That's what I'm asking here. Is there anything they CAN do? I mean, I know they can't do anything from a legal standpoint, but I thought maybe there were penalties or restrictions or whatever ON THE SITE that could be used. I don't know. That's why I asked...

Eh, we can't force someone to return it but people in the past have made public posts regarding deals gone bad. This is also the purpose of Itrader

Ya, that's sort of what I thought. I guess I could leave negative feedback for him. I'd rather not make a post about it unless there is no other way of settling it, because I understand why he did it, and I'm not trying to ruin anyone's reputation or piss anyone off. I believe that he really did think that I could use it, and I understand that people make mistakes, and I'm not all about holding those mistakes against them. However, now that he has been shown that he was wrong, I feel like it's his responsibility to fix the problem. Am I wrong? Am I being a dick about this? I think I'm being pretty reasonable here...

RhdRicheeee
03-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Who was the seller and what kind of phone?

JDMITRTURBO
03-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Who was the seller and what kind of phone?

x2

I Hate Import Cars
03-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I don't want to say who he is yet, (I'll give him a few more days to make this right) but the phone is an HTC5800. It is a smartphone (basically a PDA) sold by both Verizon and Qwest. This one is a Qwest phone (the seller works for Qwest), but he told me that it was a simple matter of taking the phone to a shop (which he recommended) and having it flashed with the Verizon-specific programming. Because this is a phone that Verizon offers, this sounded feesable to me because there OBVIOUSLY is Verizon-specific programming for THIS particular phone model. Also, I called quite a few shops and asked, and they all said "Oh ya, we can do that easily. Just come on down." So I went ahead and purchased the phone from him. But when I got there, they all ended up ultimately telling me that they weren't able to. I was told that the Verizon programming COULD be loaded, but that only the phone and text part of it would work, and none of the rest of the features (Internet Explorer, Windows mobile, Microsoft Office, email, etc) would work properly, if at all. I was also told by one shop that the issue is simply that the phone is so new to the market that no one has figured out how to hack the Verizon phone COMPLETELY in order to get the programming OUT of it, thus allowing that programming to be put onto another unit of that same model. But as soon as I told him this, it was just "Nope. Sorry."

Like I said before, I understand why he did it, and I don't think that he knew it wouldn't work when he sold it to me. But when I informed him about it, he was completely unwilling to fix the problem, and THAT'S what is pissing me off I guess. Not taking responsibility for your actions is something that just irks me to no end.

I Hate Import Cars
03-21-2008, 01:49 PM

By the way, I saw this sticker when I was walking through a parking lot near Mill Ave and I thought of your old avatar, so I snapped a pic. Here you go. Enjoy.

Rufus
03-21-2008, 02:09 PM
lolz @ computer nerds

Rufus
03-21-2008, 02:59 PM
And by "little" you mean "18" right?

Rollin_Eg
03-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Post screen name man.......

I Hate Import Cars
03-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Post screen name man.......

If he won't settle this up by today, I will.

*inFamous*
03-24-2008, 09:26 AM
rumble in the bronx!!!

Crxpunk89
03-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Damn thats mest up man. sorry hope it all gets settled. i woulda already posted that shit ef that he wants to be a dick then fuck his reputation.