PDA

View Full Version : HD radio and iPod interface all in one deck???

I Hate Import Cars
03-24-2008, 03:11 PM
So I want to buy a new deck for my car with built in HD radio as well as iPod interface, but so far I can't find shit! The closest thing I've found is a JVC that has HD radio (JVC-KD-HDR1) built in, and then I'll have to get their iPod interface (another $50) for my iPod. Does anyone know if;

*JVC makes a good stereo? (I've always had Pioneers, so I don't know.)

*With the JVC iPod interface (KS-PD100) I can still see the screen of my iPod? (My girl watches movies on it when we're on road trips and I'd like to keep that capability)

*Can I get an adapter to go from my stock stereo harness to that JVC so I'm not cutting anything?

*The cheapest place to buy when I'm ready?

*Any other suggestions for my situation?

I'm trying to get all the info I can because I don't want to spend more than $200 to get this all done. Any help would be great. Thanks.

rudsone
03-24-2008, 03:12 PM
alpine might have it, since they have a deck JUST for the ipod...maybe its hd too

oh and it'll more than 200...

Hopeless EP3
03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
all built in HD radio decks require you to buy a adaptive attena that goes in the back of your deck so you can see all channels etc on your screen which runs around $120+ and for the ipod interface they go for $20 at bestbuy

I suggest you alpine or pioneer

I explain this to ppl everyday at work :) to be able for you to use your ipod on the stock deck there would need to be a 3.5mm aux jack some of the 05+ cars have it in the back of the deck where you can juss take your deck out and run a aux cord or you can ghetto rig your harness with eletrical tape with wired to a aux jack cord <---- you have good chance on messing up ur radio when crosswiring wires in your harness tho

I Hate Import Cars
03-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Alright, does anyone have anything good or bad to say about Jensen? Because so far they're looking better than anyone, with JVC close behind.

rudsone
03-24-2008, 05:36 PM
jensen isnt bad but its not close to being the greatest...they work...but its not an alpine, pioneer...

Hopeless EP3
03-24-2008, 05:53 PM
how much are you willing to spend?

I Hate Import Cars
03-24-2008, 06:06 PM
I'd REALLY like to keep this whole adventure under $200...

BlownspeakerBoX
06-12-2008, 06:56 PM
jensen but they suck ballz