PDA

View Full Version : another fog light question??

Mr.HondA
04-10-2008, 07:40 AM
so i bought some amber fogs on here from someone about a week ago. i ended up putting them on last night and when i put them on and hooked them up only one of them lit up, so i changed that one with one of the bulbs in the fogs that i took off. i hooked them back up and now neither of them work. i plugged the other ones in that i had and they didn't work either. we checked most of the fuses but i'm not sure which fuse it would be since my car didn't come with fogs on the car when it was stock. oh and also when i push in the fog light switch to turn on and off the fogs, the little button would light up green when they were one and would turn off when they were off but now when i push it in it doesn't come on. do you think the harness may have been fried or something?? or would it matter that the fogs are different brands, but they both plugged into the same harness??

thanks guys

riceboy88
04-10-2008, 09:02 AM
my fog lights does the same thing with one just on. havent tried to see whats wrong with or anything cuz i dont feel like taking off my front bumper.

is it a factory fog light set up u have or aftermarket??

Mr.HondA
04-10-2008, 09:27 AM
my fog lights does the same thing with one just on. havent tried to see whats wrong with or anything cuz i dont feel like taking off my front bumper.

is it a factory fog light set up u have or aftermarket??

it may be an OEM setup because aren't the fogs you get that are OEM clear fogs?? thats the kind i had on my car.

riceboy88
04-10-2008, 09:36 AM
i believe so. do u know if the harness goes into the light switch on the steering colum??

and if the button isnt lighting up it seems like you have no power at all. id check connections and fuses first

Mr.HondA
04-10-2008, 10:02 AM
i believe so. do u know if the harness goes into the light switch on the steering colum??

and if the button isnt lighting up it seems like you have no power at all. id check connections and fuses first

not really sure if the harness goes into the steering colum, but i don't think it does.

yeah i was thinking that too. i'm going to pull it all apart this weekend and see what i can come up with.

MTRLxP
04-10-2008, 10:28 AM
id honestly take the power wire and ground and put it to the battery, just to see if they would ignite.
I figured out mine did not turn on, due to my wire being all cut up. Scraped the ground xP

Agent Smith
04-10-2008, 03:28 PM
both bobby & mikey just need to come over to my place & we'll figure it out, it can't be that much hassle, lol.

Mr.HondA
04-10-2008, 04:30 PM
both bobby & mikey just need to come over to my place & we'll figure it out, it can't be that much hassle, lol.

ok i'll be over whenever. text me what time is good for you. i still need to get the busing washer on haha

mooshin
04-10-2008, 04:34 PM
You smoked the switch. You need to fix the problem that caused that. It was likely a bad ground on the fog harness that runs along the bumper. Each fog housing is grounded, and MUST have a clean connection. Also check for moister and excess water in the back of the housing. Did you recently wash the car? I'm guessing you did.

Mr.HondA
04-11-2008, 07:02 AM
You smoked the switch. You need to fix the problem that caused that. It was likely a bad ground on the fog harness that runs along the bumper. Each fog housing is grounded, and MUST have a clean connection. Also check for moister and excess water in the back of the housing. Did you recently wash the car? I'm guessing you did.

ok i will do that too. yeah i washed it on saturday but they were still working fine until i tried hooking up the amber ones

mooshin
04-11-2008, 08:00 AM
^^are They The Square Fogs? If So, Pop Off The 4 Screws On The Back Of The Housing And Look At The Wire Clip That Presses Down Over The Back Of The Metal Bulb Housing. It May Be Corroded. Also Check Where The Metal Clip Is Held On With That Screw. A Bad Connection There Or Water Would Cause That.

Mr.HondA
04-11-2008, 08:17 AM
^^are They The Square Fogs? If So, Pop Off The 4 Screws On The Back Of The Housing And Look At The Wire Clip That Presses Down Over The Back Of The Metal Bulb Housing. It May Be Corroded. Also Check Where The Metal Clip Is Held On With That Screw. A Bad Connection There Or Water Would Cause That.

no they are the round one's but i can still take the back off and check and see if that is happening or not. i took one of the backs off to change the bulb and the ground inside was loose so we tightened it up. i will check them again thou

egcrk90
04-11-2008, 09:04 AM
try hooking them up direct cause those relays are pieces of shit and are known to blow if its a cheap kit

crash lander
05-05-2008, 01:36 PM
check the ground wire.

just-a-hoe
05-05-2008, 09:24 PM
damn mine only had one turning on and then neither one worked. i can hear the rely come on and the switch lights up but no lights. I was thinking the bulbs went bad but i took it apart and they seem alright. but I never looked into that hard. maybe one day i'll try to change out the bulbs, only thing i could think to be wrong.

crash lander
05-07-2008, 09:08 AM
damn mine only had one turning on and then neither one worked. i can hear the rely come on and the switch lights up but no lights. I was thinking the bulbs went bad but i took it apart and they seem alright. but I never looked into that hard. maybe one day i'll try to change out the bulbs, only thing i could think to be wrong.

I thougt my fogs were POS from Pass JDM. CHanged bulbs, nothing. Ground wire was coming loose. Tightened it up and they work. Just sometimes even when I turn the car off and not the switch, when i turn the lights on i have to push the switch. HOndas what are u going to do right.:doobie:

just-a-hoe
05-07-2008, 01:13 PM
^ lol very true. what are you going to do. maybe one day i'll stop being lazy and fix them. just never have time off work to be able to do it