PDA

View Full Version : someone help?

bunday88
04-14-2008, 10:01 PM
im runing crv-tech in my DA and i want to boost it i have pleanty of money to do it, buti hear that the cylinder walls on a b20 block are very thin and no good to boost? is that true? are people just not building itright -if i am to go thru with thiswhats my best route to go ...anyone?

street dreams
04-15-2008, 03:31 PM
well first its cr-vtec no h but it all dependeds on how much horsepower u want to get if u want more than 350 whp then sleeve the motor

Agent Smith
04-16-2008, 04:11 PM
get sleeves, forged bottom end & a good tune. cheap insurance for big power from small engine.

Mr.Burner
04-16-2008, 04:26 PM
i did 300hp for a long while before sleeve failure....

i would personally sleeve.

TTM_SALES
04-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Do it right the first time if you have the loot!

onefst91hatch
04-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Boost it. if you only wanna run like 7 PSI then just get a GOOD tune. it will hold up fine. ut as always do a compression test and leakdown on it. and do you have any idea what you compression ratio is?

Ryan
04-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Get it Sleeved! PM TTM_SALES

ownercarry
04-19-2008, 11:08 PM
answered this already in another forum. don't remember where so i can't tell you RTFM but the problem with the b20 block is that the sleeves are cast as a single unit. i'd post a photo, but everytime i try, it won't work. maybe i don't have enough "experience" but when you see it, you'll understand. the b20 sleeves are siamesed and the rest of the B family has individual sleeves. the problem with siamesed units is that all 4 sleeves move as one. in a lower rpm engine this is cool. but when you put a vtec head on it that wants to go to 8k, you can get a lot of side load stress. so as the piston comes up in the bore and pushes against the sleeve, the sleeve next to it is getting an equal and opposite (thanks isaac newton) push. add boost and you've really gone past what honda intended in there "big block". BUT you can make this work with a good tune, better rod bolts an si/gsr/itr water and oil pump and clearancing the pistons for the vtec head.

i'm remembering now that i put this in the all motor section.