PDA

View Full Version : Lowering her down do i need a camber kit??

turboedsupe
04-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Got a eg hatchback and im goin with tokico shocks and progress springs for my h2b build. Now do i need some aftermarket arms or is the stock suspension adjustable and will do?

rsport
04-17-2008, 05:13 PM
i have the same question about lowering my ek an inch...

DC2lsvtec
04-17-2008, 05:36 PM
if you dont wanna eat up tires and ride legit. front and rear camber kits are a must!!

turboedsupe
04-17-2008, 05:49 PM
And why is that is the stock suspension not adjustable at all?

bbonds
04-18-2008, 02:00 PM
When you lower a car closer to the ground it causes negitive camber, which eats up tires like all beat hell. If you don't want to spend a grip in new tires every few months I would suggest a camber kit and a good 4 wheel alignment after installation. Good luck:thumbup:

KingDingaLing
04-18-2008, 03:15 PM
not true, camber does not eat up tires, yes it does make them wear unevenly. Toe is what makes tires wear incredibly fast.

x2. i used to go through tires all the time and i thought it was from camber. then i had it aligned and they said the toe is what eats through tires. since then, i always make sure my shit is alligned and havent had any problems

BADCHKN
04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Shit I have a badass alignment tool.. Its called my eyeballs...

Doh

JC<3Ek
04-18-2008, 03:46 PM
wait so how to correct toe.....alignment and wheel balancing ??? camber kit doesnt eat tire ??? i alway thought camber alway eat tire ...i know bout toe...but not camber..someone correct me

turboedsupe
04-18-2008, 04:00 PM
I know what eats tire. I was just asking if the stock honda suspension could be adjusted at all for camber? I was thinking people buy these kits just to have more of a adjustment range

EJ6-4DR
04-18-2008, 04:13 PM
man i was worried about this two but like they said when u lower your car your camber become's negitive and depending on how low u go u can just adjust the stock camber and toe and have no problems my car is lowerd an ich & a half and i make sure to keep it in good alignment and check tire's reg for wear had new rims and tire's for about a 2 month's and have had no problems BUT IF U GO REALLY LOW LIKE 3 TO 4 ICHS I HIGHLY RECONMEND A CAMBER KIT AND A TOE KIT OR TIRE'S WILL BE COMING AT U EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just had my alignment done and he said ill be fine no aftermarket camber or toe needed so yes u can readjust your stock suspension

onefst91hatch
04-18-2008, 04:57 PM
no the stock honda suspension is not adjustable. but if your only going an inch or two a camber kit is not a must. just make sure you get an alignment.

turboedsupe
04-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Good to know. I think the springs im goin to buy say they drop them 2" but the fronts are stiff as hell for my h22 so i dont think it will even lower it that much

EJ6-4DR
04-19-2008, 06:52 AM
no the stock honda suspension is not adjustable. but if your only going an inch or two a camber kit is not a must. just make sure you get an alignment.
i was talking camber and toe which are adjustable sorry for the confusion lol its not adjustable like coilovers:goodpost:

turboedsupe
04-19-2008, 07:56 AM
yeah thats what i was talking about ek

Agent Smith
04-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I run -1.5 degrees of camber in the front & -.5 degrees in the rear, so long as your toe is aligned properly there really isn't any "need" for a camber kit in my opinion... & the rear washer trick is always the cheapest solution for the rear at least :)

EJ6-4DR
04-19-2008, 11:07 AM
umm no, only can adjust toe with oem suspension

i thought camber was adjustable on stock oem set up sorry if i was wroung i know a alot but not a nuff trying to learn as much as possilbe at this point

Agent Smith
04-19-2008, 11:21 AM
i thought camber was adjustable on stock oem set up sorry if i was wroung i know a alot but not a nuff trying to learn as much as possilbe at this point

only toe with oem buddy. camber with after market kits/ certain coilovers. & caster with traction bars.

riceboy88
04-20-2008, 06:35 PM
only toe with oem buddy. camber with after market kits/ certain coilovers. & caster with traction bars.

not always true. newer civics and other models camber and caster is also adjustable.

my left front caster was out of spec on my 00 si and i just loosned some bolts to my subframe and use this kind of rod and adjusted my caster back to spec.