PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin of buyin a hatch

evo9totegg
05-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Ive been seriously debatin on buyin a EF hatch the problem is I live in a apartment...which i know is almost an imediate no(esp cause I previously owned a Black Em1 that was stolen from my old apartment on Speedway). My new apartment is gated and in a real good part of Tucson. Ive had other modded cars at this building and they've never been touched by anyone but me (Evo IX,SRT) but never a honda. I know all the basics on securing it, but is doing a good alarm, kill swithces, detachable wheel, clutch lock etc etc enough. If i get one Im going to mod it, not to the extreme Id like but better not to lose thousands more then i need too... Please give me honest opinions even though I think I already know my answer :sad1:

imm0rtal
05-07-2008, 08:21 AM
What do you consider a good area of Tucson because with one theft already in your apts I would be worried about it. I am near campus all the time and I don't fear it, so if you have to worry about it I would say no.

evo9totegg
05-07-2008, 02:29 PM
What do you consider a good area of Tucson because with one theft already in your apts I would be worried about it. I am near campus all the time and I don't fear it, so if you have to worry about it I would say no.

Its on the eastside my old apartments where on speedway and pantano and my black si was stolen but new apartments are in a better part of town and alot nicer

S!K TEG
05-08-2008, 08:27 AM
i'll selll you my ef. i just need to fix a fender bender it has.

evo9totegg
05-08-2008, 09:17 PM
need to get rid of my current daily and id be all over it

Jason.AZ1
05-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Ive been seriously debatin on buyin a EF hatch the problem is I live in a apartment...which i know is almost an imediate no(esp cause I previously owned a Black Em1 that was stolen from my old apartment on Speedway). My new apartment is gated and in a real good part of Tucson. Ive had other modded cars at this building and they've never been touched by anyone but me (Evo IX,SRT) but never a honda. I know all the basics on securing it, but is doing a good alarm, kill swithces, detachable wheel, clutch lock etc etc enough. If i get one Im going to mod it, not to the extreme Id like but better not to lose thousands more then i need too... Please give me honest opinions even though I think I already know my answer :sad1:

get a eg man nate has a lsvtec one forsale cheap

SteadyBoostin
05-08-2008, 10:04 PM
do it 3500 for an ls vtec hatch^^^

bumpstick
05-08-2008, 11:34 PM
buy an ef with a crappy body and just keep it that way unitl you move to a house. do a swap or whatever but keep it looking so nappy that not even a tweaker would steal it.

teamsol
05-13-2008, 05:25 PM
in all honeslty do not make that mistake...again do not make a mistake. Thieves do not care if you live in a nice part or behind a gate.

CytoTek
06-05-2008, 12:01 AM
i live in apartments and i have had 2 of my cars broken into but i started parking in a more lit area right in front of peoples houses and no ones cars get touched there, i have an ef as well, theres several civics here and they are all parked in the front, all the trucks and jeeps are in the back

Nedaaaah
06-08-2008, 12:56 PM
buy an ef with a crappy body and just keep it that way unitl you move to a house. do a swap or whatever but keep it looking so nappy that not even a tweaker would steal it.

this hardly ever works.

Once people see your car on the street and find out it can fast theyll start asking questions which lead to a crappy looking car getting jacked

DubC
06-11-2008, 08:58 PM
once they hear any type of VTEC, they gonna peep it out

Ryan
06-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Eg Si Ftw