PDA

View Full Version : General Box - in Vender Market Place

LiLinsane
05-14-2008, 09:01 AM
This way if we have a question about a particular part or service the vendors can jump in and give us suggestions or give us a sales pitch

rushbuster70
05-14-2008, 12:53 PM
This way if we have a question about a particular part or service the vendors can jump in and give us suggestions or give us a sales pitch

Isnt that way you start a thread in there part of the forum?Or you can PM them also...

DJ Hookid
05-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Isnt that way you start a thread in there part of the forum?Or you can PM them also...

true, but this way your question doesn't pertain to one single merchant...

Zero
05-15-2008, 10:06 AM
i think thats a good idea for once on azht...

AZ93Civic
05-15-2008, 11:46 AM
i think thats a good idea for once on azht...

x2

Rufus
05-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Actually I thought about this awhile back too, and it's a great idea. I can't stand when someone makes threads in every vendor forum asking for ONE part.

*inFamous*
05-15-2008, 02:09 PM
what ever happened to just calling for quotes lol

rushbuster70
05-15-2008, 03:22 PM
what ever happened to just calling for quotes lol

fo sho...Why not PM the vendor?

LiLinsane
05-15-2008, 04:42 PM
because after txting 7 diffrent vendors, 2 of them have the parts the 2 or three of them can do the install, and some just dont have the time... so this way.. One post, 4 responses with prices - and availablity.

Make a section in Vendor market called "Vendor Requests" the vendors will then just PM the folks, no "Posting" the prices and availablity - so they dont have to do open bid wars, etc
::shrugs:: this way it will help keep fair for everybody...

From the business end of it, it will help them generate LEADS - and from the consumer perspective it makes the buying process alot easyer.. Then we dont have alot of these "where do i get a ac kit" "is there a shop that can install my new t28 into my blah*

1. It will help keep the other threads cleaner.
2. Make the site easyer for the vendors to find leads to make more sales.
3. Make the purchasing/buying research aspect of the process alot easyer.

4. I wont have to go and post a thread in every vendor section & eg civics are about who can I get a full A/C system from, installed and charged.

MrRline2010
05-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Heres my impression of a typical thread. Hi i'm looking for some skunk2 coilovers for my gsr

and the following 20 replies from vendors pm for pricing

1 point 6
05-15-2008, 06:41 PM
i think the vendor forums should be like HT where there is a wheel/tire forum and all the vendors post their prices and deals in there, and so on with other forums. just like the member classifieds actually.

Big C
05-15-2008, 09:47 PM
i think the vendor forums should be like HT where there is a wheel/tire forum and all the vendors post their prices and deals in there, and so on with other forums. just like the member classifieds actually.

Exactly. That is what I wanted to do originally but most vendors weren't feelin it. I think its more efficient and easier for users to find what they need by having it set up like the member classifieds.

Maybe I will make that change this weekend when I change a bunch of stuff.

AZ93Civic
05-16-2008, 07:59 AM
Exactly. That is what I wanted to do originally but most vendors weren't feelin it. I think its more efficient and easier for users to find what they need by having it set up like the member classifieds.

Maybe I will make that change this weekend when I change a bunch of stuff.

x2

LiLinsane
05-16-2008, 12:54 PM

Inside the vendor section have a sub catagory called "Ads" give the post an experation date, and have it auto remove... no posting or anything lol

Also have a section called "Requests" - all vendors know this person thats posting in here is looking to buy something NEWwith a warrenty or professional service, instead of 3 generation used bargin parts out of somebody's trunk or a weekend wrench warrior willing to change out a clutch.

:thumbup: