PDA

View Full Version : turbo help

jdm egizzle 6
06-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Ok so I got a turbo kit from a guy named blinded on here
The turbo is for b series but im gonna b usein it for d series
I got the d series header for it

So now were does the oil line go I kno its on the back on b series but can't find it on my d15b or is it some were else

N I also have a hybrid turbo
If I decide to use that one were does the water lines connect to

Help me my turbo awaits

FranktheTank
06-10-2008, 12:50 PM
So now were does the oil line go I kno its on the back on b series but can't find it on my d15b or is it some were else

Run a sandwich plate.
It goes n between the oil filter and block. Its the easiest and the best way to run the oil line.

N I also have a hybrid turbo
If I decide to use that one were does the water lines connect to

If its water cooled you have the option of running the coolant lines or not.
To make it easier on your self i say don't run them.
You have to tap into the coolant lines and its to much of a hassle for something that isn't needed.

Mr.Burner
06-11-2008, 12:38 AM
You have to tap into the coolant lines and its to much of a hassle for something that isn't needed.

You mean to tell me its a hastle to run the coolant lines to the turbo? and it isnt needed?
If there not needed then why do manufactures produce turbo section's with cooling inlets and outlets? im guessing not for looks.

Well if you were spending some hefty coin on a Turbo, and it has the inlets and outlets for oiling/cooling, you should use them.
The maufacture didnt waste time and money on making water cooled turbos to not use it.

Why dont we skip hooking up the oil feed and drain and just run coolant through it?
the oiling seems like more of a hastle.....LOL....<----just being a smart ass, dont listen.

S!K TEG
06-12-2008, 02:04 PM
yea i also have turbo. i dont how to hook it up. do hook it up the oil or water?

S!K TEG
06-12-2008, 02:11 PM
sorry. double post

nuocmam
06-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Run a sandwich plate.
It goes n between the oil filter and block. Its the easiest and the best way to run the oil line.

wow!
seriously, you should want to run the water lines!
a cool turbo/motor is exactly what you want, lower operating temps = :)

listen to Mr.Burner, he definitely knows his stuff
check out turbod16.com