PDA

View Full Version : just getting started

blk00civic
06-10-2008, 07:50 PM
so im wondering if anyone could give me any tips on getting started i know i have to take the class but thats it what are some good ideas for my car

ILIKETODRIVE
06-10-2008, 10:45 PM
Make sure your brakes are in good working order and that your brake lights function properly.

Make sure you have 4 good matching tires.

Make sure you have a cooling system that doesn't leak, a good radiator cap, working thermostat, etc...

Make sure your engine doesn't smoke (too bad lol) or leak at all.

Make sure your alignment has been checked sometime recently.

Make sure your seats are secured properly and your seatbelts function properly.

Make sure your windshield doesn't have any large cracks in it.

Make sure you are willing to listen and be humble.

Those are good places to start. :thumbup:

BlueTeg
06-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Don't worry about spending money on modding your car. Everyone worries about getting "their new suspension in" or "finishing off their engine mods" because they are worried the car will be 'slow' without them. Bahh!!! the car will be slow regardless your first time out.....make sure the basics are sound to drive on and save the rest of your money and get your ass out on track.

www.clubracingaz.com

topramn
06-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Don't worry about spending money on modding your car. Everyone worries about getting "their new suspension in" or "finishing off their engine mods" because they are worried the car will be 'slow' without them. Bahh!!! the car will be slow regardless your first time out.....make sure the basics are sound to drive on and save the rest of your money and get your ass out on track.

www.clubracingaz.com

x2!

Kinetic
06-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Come To An Event And Watch/ride Along

usdm420
06-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Make sure your car ISN'T automatic.

FranktheTank
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM

X2 hahah:grin:

Kinetic
06-11-2008, 01:08 PM
actually you can still track an automatic...not as much fun...but doable

BlueTeg
06-11-2008, 01:53 PM

Not true. If you're just learning for your 1st or 2nd time on track, you'll be fine with an auto.

As you start moving up through the ranks though you may want a manual for better rpm control.

thor21
06-11-2008, 02:41 PM
X2 hahah:grin:

x3 lol

blk00civic
06-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Not true. If you're just learning for your 1st or 2nd time on track, you'll be fine with an auto.

As you start moving up through the ranks though you may want a manual for better rpm control.

thats what im planing on doing i wanna learn while my car is still automatic so i dont fuck up all the time and then im gonna do my engine swap i saw that july 12 is the next class so i plan on going to that when is the next race i mite come out

blk00civic
06-11-2008, 06:58 PM
and to tell you the truth in all acctuallity an automatic does have the same potential as a manual you just have to work harder and all but i think it will work for just starting out

ILIKETODRIVE
06-11-2008, 07:33 PM
July 12th at FIR East is the next scheduled NASA event. Then, August 16th at FIR West.

I shall be at both.

blk00civic
06-11-2008, 08:17 PM
i need some part for a K20

then go to the for sale thread thats the best place to go or honda sells parts for that gl

BlueTeg
06-11-2008, 11:56 PM
i need some part for a K20

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/GilGrissomCSI/potter_o_rly_owl.jpg

ILIKETODRIVE
06-12-2008, 12:37 AM
http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/pirate_rly_copy.jpg

slaytera666
06-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Join the SCCA and they will get local contact info out to you.

BoostCreep
06-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Ignore the banter in this thread, you know, the sarcastic shit.

Ensure your car is safe. Remove all loose items, no leaks, no glass cracks, all lugs, tires have tread, seat belts work... typical common sense-non hoopty stuff.
Go to an event.
Tell them this is your 1st event and ask for guidance.

It's easy, go like hell, dont hit any cones. I can recommend books to read. But basically you go briskly until you feel comfortable and then drive it harder. You'll learn.

I'm a Chief of Tech for our Chapter in the SCCA. Show up to an event and have a good time... we want you there. http://www.azsolo.com/forums/ Go there, and ask until you're content. You will find help there, not BS.

blk00civic
06-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Ignore the banter in this thread, you know, the sarcastic shit.

Ensure your car is safe. Remove all loose items, no leaks, no glass cracks, all lugs, tires have tread, seat belts work... typical common sense-non hoopty stuff.
Go to an event.
Tell them this is your 1st event and ask for guidance.

It's easy, go like hell, dont hit any cones. I can recommend books to read. But basically you go briskly until you feel comfortable and then drive it harder. You'll learn.

I'm a Chief of Tech for our Chapter in the SCCA. Show up to an event and have a good time... we want you there. http://www.azsolo.com/forums/ Go there, and ask until you're content. You will find help there, not BS.

thanx man hope to see you out there

slowestfastguy
06-24-2008, 03:45 PM
thats good advice...