PDA

View Full Version : how do i know whats the boost on it.

S!K TEG
06-12-2008, 02:23 PM
i have a ihi turbo. my friend had it set to 14 psi before selling to me. does the turbo stay at 14 psi or does it go back down to stock boost? all i want ot do is boost 5-7 psi on my d15b2

Rufus
06-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Regulated by your wastegate spring or boost gauge homie

18c
06-12-2008, 09:37 PM
i think ihi's are internally gated, so it should be at whatever your friend set it too.

*inFamous*
06-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Its regulated by the wastegate. Find out what its rated at, and adjust from there.

xactdyno
06-13-2008, 03:55 PM
i think they're all internal gate as well.
so it's at whatever the diaphram is plus maybe some adjustment made to the actuator linkage.
you won't know until you get it on your car or you could make some complicated mess and make it open with a shop air line, regulator and pressure gauge.
most all of those are kid-sized turbo though.

S!K TEG
06-14-2008, 11:23 AM
k. thanks. i dont want to put it on yet untill i know whats the psi on it.i dont want to run 14 psi on a d15b2. can i install it and no connect it to my intakemanifold to check out whats the boost by hooking up a boost gauge? and how do i lower the psi?

i♥myhonda
06-14-2008, 11:30 AM
your boostin a dual point?

samster
06-14-2008, 11:32 AM
if its an internal gate your going to have to mess with the wastegate itself. my advice would be to crank down the boost lower than to what you want it at on the wastegate and then run a boost controller so you can manipulate the boost without having to crank the gate everytime you change something. if its a small turbo, and since youre on low boost id recommend a bleeder manual boost controller.

S!K TEG
06-14-2008, 12:23 PM
your boostin a dual point?

yea. i multiported my dualpoint.

if its an internal gate your going to have to mess with the wastegate itself. my advice would be to crank down the boost lower than to what you want it at on the wastegate and then run a boost controller so you can manipulate the boost without having to crank the gate everytime you change something. if its a small turbo, and since youre on low boost id recommend a bleeder manual boost controller.

oh. i'll just not connect the intake hose to my intake manifold and then take it to locash and have them tune it.