PDA

View Full Version : SOMEONE"S 99-00 civic

boosted muscle
06-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey guys i just saw a RED 99-00 coupe flying down the i 10 coming from the 99th and mcdowell area. it had EX badging and it looked stock. it got off on 35th ave so if anyone is missing there car i'd go look and stuff NOW. i didnt get to get the plates as it was doing about 90. Just letting people konw so that we are not looking at another chopped up coupe.

horchata690
06-21-2008, 10:16 PM
good looking out

C.R.A.Y.
06-22-2008, 02:04 AM
he must be running from the cops

teamsol
06-22-2008, 01:23 PM
thats a sketchy area to be taking a civic

4wheelimport
06-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Hey guys i just saw a RED 99-00 coupe flying down the i 10 coming from the 99th and mcdowell area. it had EX badging and it looked stock. it got off on 35th ave so if anyone is missing there car i'd go look and stuff NOW. i didnt get to get the plates as it was doing about 90. Just letting people konw so that we are not looking at another chopped up coupe.

when was this?

S!K TEG
06-22-2008, 02:54 PM
red 99-00 ex? did it has ls rims? dropped? a stock low wing?

boosted muscle
06-22-2008, 07:37 PM
when was this?

just last night, the 21st.

boosted muscle
06-22-2008, 07:39 PM
red 99-00 ex? did it has ls rims? dropped? a stock low wing?

red,yes. stock low wing, yes. dropped and on ls rims, i'm not really sure. I was just heading into south phoenix from 99th and mcdowell and this civic passed me in a huge hurry around 43rd ave and it got off on 35th.

Mr.Burner
06-22-2008, 07:48 PM
so your saying that when a cars doing 90 on the freeway, its stolen?
my car must be stolen everytime i get into it. lol
I think your scarying people.

jeepunit05
06-22-2008, 09:41 PM
he is just trying to be some help trust me after my car was stolen i was very suspicious of everyone

ek9typer
06-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah his was stolen and recovered as a stripped shell. Probly just tryn to save someone the headache

m2dc
06-22-2008, 11:08 PM
He's not the only one who has got his car jacked n left the bare shell

boosted muscle
06-22-2008, 11:23 PM
I was just letting people know i saw a honda heading from one bad place to another. It was heading from an intersection known for stolen hondas to a area know for stripped honda shells. I know I am not the only one to have my car stolen and stripped but I dont wanna see other EM1s and such falling to the same fate as mine.

JDM_SLO
06-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Good looking out, but most poeple who jack cars usually try to not attract attention..

jeepunit05
06-22-2008, 11:54 PM
ever heard the saying drive it like you stole it!!!

GAMEZ
06-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Good Lookin

boosted muscle
06-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Good looking out, but most poeple who jack cars usually try to not attract attention..
you're not saying i jack cars are you? or are you talking about the person in that civic?

DC4teg
06-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I think he saying they probably wouldnt be criminally speeding down the freeway

Tage
06-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Not bashing you but I am not understanding your logic here...

.Let's just pretend that a car driving fast means it's stolen. Are you saying that what you witnessed is potentially going to prevent the car from being stripped?

IMO, unless you post something along the lines of, "Hey I saw what I think is a stolen car and it went to the backyard of *xx address*..." I don't see how that information is going to help. If you told me my license plate number and my car indeed was stolen, telling me on the internet that my car "flying down the I-10 heading West and then got off on 35Ave" but didn't indicate if it got back on the freeway or went North or South it's going to help much. I guess it would be good to know that it was at 35Ave & I-10 but not knowing the exact time this was does no one any good either. You follow up by saying, this happened "last night". Well you could go from 35Ave & I-10 to Mesa, Peoria, North Phoenix, or hell Mexico or California all in the same "evening" from that location.

Again, I think you looking out for someone else is cool and all, I just don't see how this information would be helpful...

4wheelimport
06-23-2008, 02:20 PM
dont worry it was just me speeding.Good looking out thou

boosted muscle
06-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Tage, yeah i understand that a posting a generic as this wouldn't help with details missing ie plate number and such. I was just posting up just in case the car belonged to someone one the forum. I know that a speeding honda doesn't really mean it's stolen or anything. I was just concerned that the area it was leaving and the area it was headed are not usually good places for a honda to be nor end up. I did try to get the plate number as it passed but the car was already flying up the off ramp before I could get close enough to write them down.

Should i see something like this again, I'll make sure to make note of more important details such as the plate number.

Mr.Burner
06-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Not bashing you but I am not understanding your logic here...

.Let's just pretend that a car driving fast means it's stolen. Are you saying that what you witnessed is potentially going to prevent the car from being stripped?

IMO, unless you post something along the lines of, "Hey I saw what I think is a stolen car and it went to the backyard of *xx address*..." I don't see how that information is going to help. If you told me my license plate number and my car indeed was stolen, telling me on the internet that my car "flying down the I-10 heading West and then got off on 35Ave" but didn't indicate if it got back on the freeway or went North or South it's going to help much. I guess it would be good to know that it was at 35Ave & I-10 but not knowing the exact time this was does no one any good either. You follow up by saying, this happened "last night". Well you could go from 35Ave & I-10 to Mesa, Peoria, North Phoenix, or hell Mexico or California all in the same "evening" from that location.

Again, I think you looking out for someone else is cool and all, I just don't see how this information would be helpful...

great point...

why is this thread still going on?
damn near everyone who ownes a civic is doing 90 everywhere.

LOCK THIS TREAD!!

red1994integra
06-23-2008, 04:10 PM
no my civic does 100

jeepunit05
06-23-2008, 04:12 PM
lol^

KingDingaLing
06-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Tage, yeah i understand that a posting a generic as this wouldn't help with details missing ie plate number and such. I was just posting up just in case the car belonged to someone one the forum. I know that a speeding honda doesn't really mean it's stolen or anything. I was just concerned that the area it was leaving and the area it was headed are not usually good places for a honda to be nor end up. I did try to get the plate number as it passed but the car was already flying up the off ramp before I could get close enough to write them down.

Should i see something like this again, I'll make sure to make note of more important details such as the plate number.

cool so you see someone speeding your gonna take down there plate number and post it. sounds real smart. you post my plate number and post it, i wont be very happy

GS-R del sol
06-24-2008, 12:16 AM
hey never hurts to asks

boosted muscle
06-24-2008, 09:44 PM
cool so you see someone speeding your gonna take down there plate number and post it. sounds real smart. you post my plate number and post it, i wont be very happy

it's funny how much crap i got for this. Just trying to possibly help out another honda owner like I would have liked someone with any information to help me out when my SI was boosted. I mean i know a majority of you guys on here like to speed and shit. the only reason i posted it up was, once again, because of the areas the car was seen in. I'm not gonna go around collecting plates. If it makes people feel better, we can just wait until someone posts up about a stolen honda and tell them how much it sucks that their car is gone. Then for them to tell us it was already recovered and stripped. just trying to do a small part in stopping this bullshit car theif.

Mr.Burner
06-24-2008, 09:54 PM
If it isnt your car stolen, I wouldnt even start a subject like this, or you will get beat up on here. damn internet gangsta's

teamsol
06-27-2008, 07:01 PM
I would want someone to do the same thing, my car was found in that area after it was stolen

esco510
06-28-2008, 11:05 PM
you guys are lucky to even find your car my homie still hasnt found his

boosted muscle
06-30-2008, 02:38 PM
you guys are lucky to even find your car my homie still hasnt found his

shit someone is probably driving it. I know a guy who had his car stolen from chandler and they found his car about six months later. the theft was using it as a daily driver. all he did was put a different plate from a car he owned on it. he got pulled over the cops ran the vin and plate number and busted him then and there.

Mr.Burner
06-30-2008, 02:42 PM
^^^ya but you guys dont get it....just because you see a car flying down the freeway doesnt mean its stolen....
i drive 85-90 everywhere!!

The President
06-30-2008, 02:59 PM
i understand where you're coming from, yes a lot of hondas are seen flying down the freeway but I agree with you that if it's leaving an area where hondas are frequently stolen and going into a known area where car theives live/strip cars, then I would feel a need to atleast "put it out there" and let some people know. I'm not going to bash on you for trying to do the right thing.