PDA

View Full Version : i need a lil help

93-EG-4DR
07-02-2008, 12:25 PM
so my car got stolen yesterday(7/1)... but i got it back... now i am out alarm hunting... i already have one but it is a cheap one and i dont have that much money to spend on one so i was thinking about those steering locks or the break pedal locks or both... i know that the break ones are for auto cars... but who would be dumb enough to try to take my car with no way to stop... there is probably a way to take them off... but it will at least make it take longer to get going... and i was going to make a switch for the fuel pump too... just wondering if there was anything else that i could do... or something that might work better...

4dr_ed3
07-02-2008, 12:50 PM
brake pedal wont do it cuz they will just use the e-brake to stop if they know how to drive

93-EG-4DR
07-02-2008, 04:21 PM
o yea... but it would still make things harder... i didnt think about that one

villaininblack
07-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Relocate your battery to your trunk, lock out your trunk so only a key can open it, then hook up your alarm... you can try and put the siren in the trunk, and maybe hook up your horn to sound when it is tripped as well.

That way if someone breaks into your car and pop the hood to disconnect your battery or cut your horn, they won't get too far... Good Luck!

94whitegsr
07-02-2008, 05:27 PM
The cost of the alarm isn't important its the way its installed that will stop ppl

4dr_ed3
07-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Relocate your battery to your trunk, lock out your trunk so only a key can open it, then hook up your alarm... you can try and put the siren in the trunk, and maybe hook up your horn to sound when it is tripped as well.

That way if someone breaks into your car and pop the hood to disconnect your battery or cut your horn, they won't get too far... Good Luck!

thats a good one hadnt thought of that. i have an em2 which dnt get stolen as much as other hondas but i got my stuff jacked inside a friends car who had an alarm and they still got in so i wanna put one in my car just to be safe

SiR2000
07-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Get one of does brake locks and put it on the gas pedal save my car from getting stolen

93-EG-4DR
08-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Get one of does brake locks and put it on the gas pedal save my car from getting stolen

Didn't think of that one... sounds like a good idea to me tho... they wouldn't be able to push it that far w/o me hearing something, or someone seeing something...