PDA

View Full Version : Soft Top Tears!!!

jp8AP1
07-04-2008, 03:02 AM
Anyone got tears in you soft top? i was reading to S2ki and also spoke to one of the service managers from Santan Honda and they are saying the tears on the soft top depending where they are, is not normal wear and tear it is a defect due to rubbing and improper closing of the soft top. the common ones are the tears behind the passenger and driver side seats from the frame rubbing and resting on the fabric, and also tears on the on the passenger and driver side windows from the end of the frame rubbing against it and finally on either sides of the rear window again from a plastic try in the back when it folds in it rubs against it. my goal is to get enough people on here that have the same damage and try to go to Honda about it. When this is happened to more and more people and is happening in the same place, its no longer a wear and tear its a manufacture defect!!

please post you Year, Miles, and where the tears are and pics if you have them will help tremendously !!!!

I have a 2002 Honda s2000 with about 75,000 miles on it and i got tears in all the places i mentioned, pics to fallow

fasts2k
07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
GL, bro. I have 174k mi and have wear behind the seats and a tear at the base of the window. I'll gladly bring my car to them if they want to replace it for free. I'm just a little out of warranty.;)

jp8AP1
07-06-2008, 09:47 PM
GL, bro. I have 174k mi and have wear behind the seats and a tear at the base of the window. I'll gladly bring my car to them if they want to replace it for free. I'm just a little out of warranty.;)

ya ill let you know if they are goin to do this... and warranty dosent matter at all

INTEGRA DC2
07-06-2008, 10:13 PM
ya ill let you know if they are goin to do this... and warranty dosent matter at all

Just get a Hard top JOE, problem solved

9k All The WAY
07-07-2008, 11:26 AM
I had the same thing then I got my top cut and my seats taken and now I have a new top. This happened about a year ago.

boostedrex
07-07-2008, 01:42 PM
that sucks :(

jp8AP1
07-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Just get a Hard top JOE, problem solved

who is this... and if honda is gonna give me a soft top for free imma take it... hard top if dope but the one i would get is the spoon one.. but top done FTW

bryan720
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
at 55k i had a tear. paid honda to put a new top on and now at 85k it looks like a new tear is about to start. time for a hard top.

jp8AP1
07-10-2008, 02:09 PM
at 55k i had a tear. paid honda to put a new top on and now at 85k it looks like a new tear is about to start. time for a hard top.

what dealership did u go to?

bryan720
07-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Showcase but Don’t ever take a s2000 to Showcase Honda I paid them to put a new top on it and when I got it back a week later it had another 600miles on it, out of gas, when the tops down the weather stripping was off, the top straps were warn out, and it dint close all the way down, clips were missing, and also after looking at a new s there was a piece of the covering missing inside of the top. Talked to the service manage he said that the way all s2000 are. I told him to go look at a new one or the used one in there lot and they both don’t, still dint do anything, than I ask y did they put 600mile on it he said they take it to a place to get the top done and its a far drive. I just ended up taking the car home and ordering new weather stripping, straps and clips form Earnhardt Honda and put them in myself.

jp8AP1
07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
dang that sucks ya im over here at santan honda and they treat customers really well and both honda and acura

CRXMiniMe
07-10-2008, 11:46 PM
dang that sucks ya im over here at santan honda and they treat customers really well and both honda and acura

hell ya they do, there is ALSO a hottie that works in parts :grin: so i am alwyas there.

Charlee
07-11-2008, 06:02 AM
hell ya they do, there is ALSO a hottie that works in parts :grin: so i am alwyas there.
i thought you had higher standards according to you? LOL

S2K Simmy
07-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Showcase but Don’t ever take a s2000 to Showcase Honda I paid them to put a new top on it and when I got it back a week later it had another 600miles on it, out of gas, when the tops down the weather stripping was off, the top straps were warn out, and it dint close all the way down, clips were missing, and also after looking at a new s there was a piece of the covering missing inside of the top. Talked to the service manage he said that the way all s2000 are. I told him to go look at a new one or the used one in there lot and they both don’t, still dint do anything, than I ask y did they put 600mile on it he said they take it to a place to get the top done and its a far drive. I just ended up taking the car home and ordering new weather stripping, straps and clips form Earnhardt Honda and put them in myself.

damn! sorry to hear that man :sad1:

jp8AP1
07-12-2008, 01:33 PM

wtf? really? everytime i go i always see two old dudes or some lady in her 50's!!! the cashiers maybe....

nolongervtec
07-14-2008, 06:56 PM

thats only cause you sucked their dicks joe

hondadreamin
07-24-2008, 02:11 PM
tell your ex's to leave your shit alone. problem solved

[J]Design
07-26-2008, 02:48 PM
I got a very very small rip behind the passenger side, I just got my weather striping replaced under warranty at San Tan, I have to bring the car in again this week so they can do the rear, I'll bring it up to the service writer and see what they say.