PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

OhDang
07-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Alright I've never fully understood suspension components but I was wondering if you were to get a damper kit would you need to get springs as well or is that like the whole package? And if you just got shocks would you use stock springs? Just wondering cause if I get some rims I'd like to eliminate the wheel gap but I don't know what I'm looking at.

-Opened a Poll to get a better idea

FUK JDM
07-21-2008, 04:05 PM
A full dampening coilover set up will include everything you need to adjust the ride height aswell as the dampening of the strut. i.e if the ride is too stiff you will be able to adjust to a softer setting and visa-versa. If you go the spring and strut set up then get a ADJUSTABLE strut that way you will also be able to adjust the dampening in the strut, Depending on what spring you use, that will determine that ride height, Going with this route will NOT allow you to adjust the ride height ONLY the soft/hard settings on the strut, but the strut must be adjustable. Hopefully that answered your question(s).

Chinky
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM
buy k sports

FUK JDM
07-21-2008, 04:31 PM
buy k sports

doh.

or cut the springs, thats the same thing right? :dumbass:

OhDang
07-22-2008, 02:01 AM
So really saving for the full damper set up would benefit better than swapping out springs and things all the time?

bbonds
07-23-2008, 08:37 AM
COILOVERS, comes with everything you need.

FUK JDM
07-23-2008, 10:31 AM
So really saving for the full damper set up would benefit better than swapping out springs and things all the time?

Yep.

COILOVERS, comes with everything you need.

FULL coilovers. He could go out and buy some GC coilover sleeves...and thats not all you need, Youll still need struts.

Chinky
07-23-2008, 11:11 AM
doh.

or cut the springs, thats the same thing right? :dumbass:
nah... they ride a lil better, the springs i mean.
depends, a lot of heavy hitters been running gc and koni setup. coil overs are just less hassle and make for easy install vs spending ur time with springs... springs = waste of monies imo

Devist8
07-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Coilovers are the way to go. Just make ssure you do some research on the spring rates before you buy them.

OhDang
02-09-2009, 05:12 PM
So I went to inline4 to ask about some prices and such and they suggested buddyclub coilovers would be the best dd anyone have an argument with this or have experience with a better dd coilover? Not looking to drop my car too much my suspension finally gave out and the ride blows so I'm looking to update/upgrade.

RAUL956
02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
A friend of mind has some tein type ss and they are fucking nice to me they have a nice ride...

Ryan
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Not sure why there has been some hate towards Ksport? I have had a ton of different suspension set ups for a bunch of Hondas over the years. Personally I am very happy with my Version RR Ksports. The Version RR's are the same as the cheaper Kontrol Pro Ksports but they are custom made for your application with custom spring rates to your desired rates and dampening tuned valving to match the spring rate. This is a great solution if you are looking for a specific stiffer spring rate in your suspension. If not, then just get some cheap ebay set up. Just my .02 cents :)