PDA

View Full Version : Slow hondas

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 11:03 AM
I was at Firebird Friday night and again all I see are slow Hondas, what's going on? I usually go out to the races every couple of weeks and see the regulars like Jake and his fast ass SI, I usually bring my 11 second black SI (Soon to be 10's) and even some cool domestic guys but all I see are ricers and there multi color 16 and 17 second cars, that really embarress Hondas by the way. Oh also to guys that bring turbo Hondas to the track and run stock tires, it doesn't work. If you can afford to buy a turbo invest in some slicks.

apSquidFace
07-21-2008, 11:10 AM
I was at Firebird Friday night and again all I see are slow Hondas, what's going on? I usually go out to the races every couple of weeks and see the regulars like Jake and his fast ass SI, I usually bring my 11 second black SI (Soon to be 10's) and even some cool domestic guys but all I see are ricers and there multi color 16 and 17 second cars, that really embarress Hondas by the way. Oh also to guys that bring turbo Hondas to the track and run stock tires, it doesn't work. If you can afford to buy a turbo invest in some slicks.

throwing in your "11 sec. soon to be 10 sec." civic was stupid, this thread sucks.

put your flame suit on sir as im sure this thread is either going to go nowhere or ignite in hellfire.

worst newbie post of the day....lets see who can top this!

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 11:16 AM
You must be one of the 16 or 17 second Hondas.

apSquidFace
07-21-2008, 11:22 AM
You must be one of the 16 or 17 second Hondas.

dont own a honda.

if i did it would prolly be much much worse than 16-17 seconds, not that quarter mile times even matter...congrats on such a fast honda though you must feel like you have something really special there. :)

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Actually I do, its hard getting a car in the 11's and even harder to run 10's. I am just giving props to the guys who actually go to the track and represent Hondas well and wish the shit boxes didn't waste their time.

apSquidFace
07-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Actually I do, its hard getting a car in the 11's and even harder to run 10's. I am just giving props to the guys who actually go to the track and represent Hondas well and wish the shit boxes didn't waste their time.

so the people that dont have thousands to spend are not worthy? they cant go out and have fun? All because they dont run in the same class you do....seems silly to me.

jus-lookn03
07-21-2008, 12:17 PM
what happened to just have fun , not every one is a pro like others ....huh

apSquidFace
07-21-2008, 12:33 PM
what happened to just have fun , not every one is a pro like others ....huh

gotta be in the 10's man...or else this guy will hate you

indub
07-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Its the same thing when you see a fully tubbed out non muffler having pro looking v8 loud ass race car that runs mid 11's and races brackets. To me before I see it run I think its an 8 sec car.

Point is people are always going to talk shit no matter whats out there. Do your part to make the scene better, and people will slowly start to follow. The more at the track, the better. Thats my opinion

Im out almost every weekend. Sometimes my car runs like shit, and sometimes it runs fast. When my car goes fast, people come over and show respect. When it runs like shit, they think im just another import ricer. Who cares? Just keep at it

I went to the track on friday and hung out with some guys running 14's and 15's. They wanted that extra tenth just as much as i did. Racing is racing and is for the love of the sport. You have to remember, I didnt start out with a 9 sec car.

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 12:35 PM
It's funny that you say the ones that don't have thousands to spend, but some how they have ninja fighter body kits, 2k rims, detachable steering wheels, exhausts, etc. Those are also the guy's who after you smoked them at the track and your leaving, they rev at you and try to race. I was originally asking, also, where the fast rides are, I hear about them, I read about them on here and here about so many 13 second cars, 12 second cars, 11 second stock b16's on 9 psi etc, I want to see those guy's at the track kicking butt and making things exciting. The point is the track has been boring lately and the cars that are showing up are the slowest, everyone know's, fast cars bring people to watch.

indub
07-21-2008, 12:39 PM
where the fast rides are, I hear about them, I read about them on here and here about so many 13 second cars, 12 second cars, 11 second stock b16's on 9 psi etc, I want to see those guy's at the track kicking butt and making things exciting. The point is the track has been boring lately and the cars that are showing up are the slowest, everyone know's, fast cars bring people to watch.

I agree with this part, but the faster the car goes, the more parts break, the less money you have, and the more down time

jus-lookn03
07-21-2008, 12:42 PM
i'm in for the fun , but props to the ones who go fast

freakin_elrod
07-21-2008, 12:47 PM
i'm in for the fun , but props to the ones who go fast

yup me too, 14.3-14.6 is anything but fast, but i have doing it. definitely much props out to the guys out there doing it big, and also to all of those who are trying to keep this sport alive.

indub
07-21-2008, 12:47 PM
yup me too, 14.3-14.6 is anything but fast, but i have doing it. definitely much props out to the guys out there doing it big, and also to all of those who are trying to keep this sport alive.

:thumbsup:

apSquidFace
07-21-2008, 12:48 PM
It's funny that you say the ones that don't have thousands to spend, but some how they have ninja fighter body kits, 2k rims, detachable steering wheels, exhausts, etc. Those are also the guy's who after you smoked them at the track and your leaving, they rev at you and try to race. I was originally asking, also, where the fast rides are, I hear about them, I read about them on here and here about so many 13 second cars, 12 second cars, 11 second stock b16's on 9 psi etc, I want to see those guy's at the track kicking butt and making things exciting. The point is the track has been boring lately and the cars that are showing up are the slowest, everyone know's, fast cars bring people to watch.

2k dollar "rims" ....id sure like to see these cars and these 2k dollar "rims". Ninja fighter body kits sell for less than 200 at versus, and all that other shit is cheap and easy compared to a fully built turbo motor.....im sorry but rotas and skunk 2 sleeve overs dont exactly ammount to thousands of dollars.

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Its the same thing when you see a fully tubbed out non muffler having pro looking v8 loud ass race car that runs mid 11's and races brackets. To me before I see it run I think its an 8 sec car.

Point is people are always going to talk shit no matter whats out there. Do your part to make the scene better, and people will slowly start to follow. The more at the track, the better. Thats my opinion

Im out almost every weekend. Sometimes my car runs like shit, and sometimes it runs fast. When my car goes fast, people come over and show respect. When it runs like shit, they think im just another import ricer. Who cares? Just keep at it

I went to the track on friday and hung out with some guys running 14's and 15's. They wanted that extra tenth just as much as i did. Racing is racing and is for the love of the sport. You have to remember, I didnt start out with a 9 sec car.

I agree, I didn't start out with the fastest times either, I still don't have the fastest times, though I did wait until I had at least a GSR swap in my car before I went out. It also is funny when you see domestics that sound like 8's actually run mid 11's. See I have been coming out to the track since 97 and got my first GSR swap in 98 and it was so much more alive back then . It could be alot better if people hear that all these fast cars everyone talks about actually goes to the track. Sorry, but no one is going to come to the track and race if everytime they go it is like this past Friday.

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 12:58 PM
2k dollar "rims" ....id sure like to see these cars and these 2k dollar "rims". Ninja fighter body kits sell for less than 200 at versus, and all that other shit is cheap and easy compared to a fully built turbo motor.....im sorry but rotas and skunk 2 sleeve overs dont exactly ammount to thousands of dollars.

I got a 57 trim turbo kit, with a peak boost ram horn, 750cc injectors, all the piping, intercooler, Tail 50mm blow off valve, Tail wastegate, down pipe and oil line kit and had it installed by the guy Kelly who I bought it from for 900 dollars, then had it tuned from Tim at Xact dyno, for a couple hundred more and got 485 WHP. The motor is built but you don't have to have a built motor to run a turbo, crap you don't even have to have a swap to get good power.

apSquidFace
07-21-2008, 01:06 PM
I got a 57 trim turbo kit, with a peak boost ram horn, 750cc injectors, all the piping, intercooler, Tail 50mm blow off valve, Tail wastegate, down pipe and oil line kit and had it installed by the guy Kelly who I bought it from for 900 dollars, then had it tuned from Tim at Xact dyno, for a couple hundred more and got 485 WHP. The motor is built but you don't have to have a built motor to run a turbo, crap you don't even have to have a swap to get good power.

so show us where that kit sells for 900 bucks installed and im sure you will have a lot of kids following your lead. In fact you might want to inform the honda world of this miracle 900 dollar installed kit that you can get your hands on because i sure as hell had no clue parts and installation on all of that was so cheap and ive been in the turbo game for a long time.

SlowLS
07-21-2008, 01:39 PM
well, sorry to dissapoint you Noob! but im one of those 16 sec guys. and as far as im concerned you and your "11" sec car can kiss my ass. BTW, lets see some pics of this almost "10 sec" car and please tell me you dont have a body kit with a larger then life spoiler on it.

SlowLS
07-21-2008, 01:45 PM

what are you 18? We race at the track for fun. who gives a shit if im running 16's or 15's. get the fuck over it. i race for fun, if i get my car running faster, hey thats cool. if you dont like when guys take their pride and joy to the track and only pull 16's or 17's dont watch. why shoot down someones pride by talking shit cause they cant be as good as you think you are.

Hey apsquidface, i say we get a new thread on which noob to ban and put this guy at the top of the list.

what say you?

apSquidFace
07-21-2008, 01:58 PM
what are you 18? We race at the track for fun. who gives a shit if im running 16's or 15's. get the fuck over it. i race for fun, if i get my car running faster, hey thats cool. if you dont like when guys take their pride and joy to the track and only pull 16's or 17's dont watch. why shoot down someones pride by talking shit cause they cant be as good as you think you are.

Hey apsquidface, i say we get a new thread on which noob to ban and put this guy at the top of the list.

what say you?

loller, i fully support you

SlowLS
07-21-2008, 02:00 PM
loller, i fully support you

who would i pm to get that thread started? can you do it?

TypeREgg
07-21-2008, 02:07 PM
14.9 on my stock b16 eg it aint fast but i sure do have fun bump for goin to the track just for fun :upyours:

SlowLS
07-21-2008, 02:09 PM
14.9 on my stock b16 eg it aint fast but i sure do have fun bump for goin to the track just for fun :upyours:

WURD!!! 16.8 D16y7

apSquidFace
07-21-2008, 02:40 PM
who would i pm to get that thread started? can you do it?

1 point 6 and big c are the only with the power for that kind of thing

jus-lookn03
07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
long live the slo ones:thumbup:

2fnfast
07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
u can always give me some $$$,and ill make my honda faster,or ill take my hub caps off too :P

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 03:29 PM

what say you?

See, I am one of the guy's who actually cares about racing dumb fuck. I've been around for a long time doing this shit, like I said I got my first swap in 98, in 2000 I was one of the first people in AZ with a fully built B20 with the B16 head built by import powerhouse, I hung around Dave Chan and Eddie Maze when they had the fastest NA Hondas and the Fastest Turbo Honda in AZ, I've had one of the most WHP Jackson Supercharged cars in AZ, I've done strocker motors and had shit break, but I always started over because I am a true car Enthusiast. Now I have a built turbo GSR motor and enjoy racing at the track for fun. The whole point I was making is that I would like to see more than just the 16 and 17 second ricers come to the track and yes there fucking ricers with 8 colors, fart cans, 16 pacos standing around there shit eyeing people thinking their stuff is bad ass.

The funny thing with your responses are, everytime I read threads people here talk shit about ricers, slow ass cars, stupid looking rims and body kits, but when someone actually points out the obvious you try to bash the one who really cares about the sport.

jus-lookn03
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
we care , really we care . just not for you n your attitude

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 03:39 PM
so show us where that kit sells for 900 bucks installed and im sure you will have a lot of kids following your lead. In fact you might want to inform the honda world of this miracle 900 dollar installed kit that you can get your hands on because i sure as hell had no clue parts and installation on all of that was so cheap and ive been in the turbo game for a long time.

Charlie who used to work for AFI, his buddy Kelly had a used kit with everthing and installed it for me at his house for 900 bucks, also look on the classifieds, kits are for sale their everyday, hell I just bought a brand new 60-1 from here for 400 bucks, I saw a nice ass intercooler sell on here a month ago for 50 bucks. I just bought my T-Rex fuel pump off here for 70 bucks. If you look around and save up some money you can buy nice things on this site.

SlowLS
07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
See, I am one of the guy's who actually cares about racing dumb fuck. I've been around for a long time doing this shit, like I said I got my first swap in 98, in 2000 I was one of the first people in AZ with a fully built B20 with the B16 head built by import powerhouse, I hung around Dave Chan and Eddie Maze when they had the fastest NA Hondas and the Fastest Turbo Honda in AZ, I've had one of the most WHP Jackson Supercharged cars in AZ, I've done strocker motors and had shit break, but I always started over because I am a true car Enthusiast. Now I have a built turbo GSR motor and enjoy racing at the track for fun. The whole point I was making is that I would like to see more than just the 16 and 17 second ricers come to the track and yes there fucking ricers with 8 colors, fart cans, 16 pacos standing around there shit eyeing people thinking their stuff is bad ass.

The funny thing with your responses are, everytime I read threads people here talk shit about ricers, slow ass cars, stupid looking rims and body kits, but when someone actually points out the obvious you try to bash the one who really cares about the sport.

okay first of all, get over yourself, know one gives a shit who you know and what you've done. and if you were a TRUE Enthusiast as you say you are, instead of bashing people for not being as fast as you'd like them to be, why not help them with the "Knowledge" you claim to have. Its people like you that make other people hate to sport, cause jackasses like your self cant keep you fuckin mouth shut, and always have to pop off at the mouth like somekind of bad ass.

Damn, you really remind me of the some of the guys from Team Havoc. anybody else agree?

Stealthy
07-21-2008, 03:41 PM

So, just out of curiosity, you have to be fast to be a "true enthusiast"? Because someone is running 16s or 17s, they don't care about "the sport"? And because YOU think bodykits, and wings aren't cool, that makes them "rice"? A true ENTHUSIAST will build their car for themselves, and not everyone else. Hell, my car isn't fast (in a straight line), but it is far from rice. I've been in the scene for a long time too, and I still stand firm on what I've always thought. If you don't like something, keep it to yourself, cause I'm sure there is shit about you and your ride that people can/will hate on as well.:thumbup:

SlowLS
07-21-2008, 03:42 PM
we care , really we care . just not for you n your attitude

welll said.

banbanbanbanbanbanbanbanban:lock::lock::lock:

apSquidFace
07-21-2008, 03:46 PM

So you care about the sport the most because you have been building cars since 98?

What i was pointing out is that not all people have the funds and time to be building car after car after car as you have done. Honestly you come off as a bit arrogant, your only arguments consist of things that you have accomplished and what you did before anyone else....no one is going to take your side man.

The track is a place to have fun. There are professional events that you can enter and not have to endure such things, so why dont you do yourself a favor and not go to the open track nights? Again you cant expect everyone to have the resources and funds you do. They make do with what they have and have fun...sure we make fun of them and their cars are prolly shitty but i would never ask the question why they show up. They are there for the same reason you are, and that is to have fun. They shouldnt have to apologize for not running 11's all night with the first ever "whatever" in az while hanging out with freinds that have the fastest car in their class throughout the sate....because at the end of the day; nobody knows who you are and to be honest nobody really cares.

Quit being such an arrogant jerk and grow up.

SlowLS
07-21-2008, 03:48 PM
So you care about the sport the most because you have been building cars since 98?

What i was pointing out is that not all people have the funds and time to be building car after car after car as you have done. Honestly you come off as a bit arrogant, your only arguments consist of things that you have accomplished and what you did before anyone else....no one is going to take your side man.

The track is a place to have fun. There are professional events that you can enter and not have to endure such things, so why dont you do yourself a favor and not go to the open track nights? Again you cant expect everyone to have the resources and funds you do. They make do with what they have and have fun...sure we make fun of them and their cars are prolly shitty but i would never ask the question why they show up. They are there for the same reason you are, and that is to have fun. They shouldnt have to apologize for not running 11's all night with the first ever "whatever" in az while hanging out with freinds that have the fastest car in their class throughout the sate....because at the end of the day; nobody knows who you are and to be honest nobody really cares.

Quit being such an arrogant jerk and grow up.

nicely put squidy

The Guido
07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Team Redline Kelly?

FUK JDM
07-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Who is this newbie... AZ_Civic identify yourself.

ps:

I dont think you would be hated as much if you werent so ignorant.

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Team Redline Kelly?

Yes sir, Kelly is one cool guy that has a lot of knowledge and works for no shops, Charlie his buddy has also been helping me out and is another cool cool guy, very talented. Oh by the way SlowDx is saying how I am talking shit about people trying to have fun, yet his dumb ass has another thread going about how stupid someone was for making a mistake at the track. Plus the race track is for racing not ricing.

FUK JDM
07-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes sir, Kelly is one cool guy that has a lot of knowledge and works for no shops, Charlie his buddy has also been helping me out and is another cool cool guy, very talented. Oh by the way SlowDx is saying how I am talking shit about people trying to have fun, yet his dumb ass has another thread going about how stupid someone was for making a mistake at the track. Plus the race track is for racing not ricing.

so who are you to say that those cars that run 16-17 seconds are not racing? Who are you to determine what is rice and what is not AT THE TRACK if they are RACING? To me, Your car may be rice, I can give two shits if its a 16 second or a 11 second, to me its a civic.

jus-lookn03
07-21-2008, 04:29 PM
so who are you to say that those cars that run 16-17 seconds are not racing? Who are you to determine what is rice and what is not AT THE TRACK if they are RACING? To me, Your car may be rice, I can give two shits if its a 16 second or a 11 second, to me its a civic.

yes what he said x2

Rufus
07-21-2008, 04:35 PM
The motor is built but you don't have to have a built motor to run a turbo, crap you don't even have to have a swap to get good power.

I had over 1K just into my Kpro and I still blew a few headgaskets, including on ARP headstuds, and with a conservative tune from Mr. Locash himself.

Turbo isn't cheap, and with the economy in the shitter I'm not surprised your drag racing adventures are seeing less and less antendees

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 04:38 PM
My definition of rice is what I have learned from AZHT, big wing, 8 different colors, stickers all over the car when they don't have any of those items, slow cars that run 17's but rev at everyone. That was all I was pointing out, if someone is at the track little by little adding and improving the more power to them, I was just trying to identify the things everyone on her would call rice and I would say out of every Honda at the track 3 out of 10 you guy's would consider rice and want to boot. It's the same thing when I go to the track and all the Honda guy's are talking shit about the trucks, diesel trucks, SUV's, saying why the hell are those slow asses here, just a bunch of hypocites.

_$krilla_
07-21-2008, 04:42 PM
My definition of rice is what I have learned from AZHT, big wing, 8 different colors, stickers all over the car when they don't have any of those items, slow cars that run 17's but rev at everyone. That was all I was pointing out, if someone is at the track little by little adding and improving the more power to them, I was just trying to identify the things everyone on her would call rice and I would say out of every Honda at the track 3 out of 10 you guy's would consider rice and want to boot. It's the same thing when I go to the track and all the Honda guy's are talking shit about the trucks, diesel trucks, SUV's, saying why the hell are those slow asses here, just a bunch of hypocites.

my car has a big wing, im a ricer :) so if i understand this right.. all you you want is more cars to show up to race? pay their gas... maybe when that goes down more people will show up.. just my .02

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 04:45 PM
I had over 1K just into my Kpro and I still blew a few headgaskets, including on ARP headstuds, and with a conservative tune from Mr. Locash himself.

Turbo isn't cheap, and with the economy in the shitter I'm not surprised your drag racing adventures are seeing less and less antendees

I am not saying that turbo's are so cheap, I was saying my individual kit I picked up was cheap and that if you look you can find good deals. My friend Charlie was at the track on Friday with his CRX that ran 15.2's and blew his tranny at the track a like he said " that's all part of the fun". Hey I remember when I was running 14's and people would talk shit saying there friend could do so much better but it was usually the guy's who were there with their piece of shit ricers, no one can disagree with me that there are plenty of ricers who act stupid at the track and those are the ones I say should not be there.

Rufus
07-21-2008, 04:56 PM
I am not saying that turbo's are so cheap, I was saying my individual kit I picked up was cheap and that if you look you can find good deals. My friend Charlie was at the track on Friday with his CRX that ran 15.2's and blew his tranny at the track a like he said " that's all part of the fun". Hey I remember when I was running 14's and people would talk shit saying there friend could do so much better but it was usually the guy's who were there with their piece of shit ricers, no one can disagree with me that there are plenty of ricers who act stupid at the track and those are the ones I say should not be there.

I don't get the purpose of this thread. Are you just complaining about ricers, that the attendance at the track is low, or that turbo kits can be found cheap?

Bottom line is that tuning takes money and the average people out there racing cannot afford to lose a tranny and just say " that's all part of the fun". Most of them are out with their daily drivers trying to experience the fun of going fast on a track, legally. I don't get how you can knock that. Is this who has a better car than who or just people out there enjoying cars? I think you've lost sight of what really got you into this game; the shared appreciation of cars with your peers.

seth00008
07-21-2008, 04:57 PM
alot of people that have honda's build there cars, maybe the 16' sec and 17 sec cars that you see running at the track are just to see what they were able to do before a engine swap, and its not even that. alot of us dont have thousands of dollars to spend to build a " 11 sec car, soon to be 10's". i mean if you have that fast of a car then props bro, but you didnt start out that way, and if you did then you would no nothing about how if you build your car you actually grow to love it. people like me are proud of a 15 sec run, it just shows you have accomplished something and you can set another goal for a 14 sc run, and who cares if they want to rock spoiler's and bodykits its what there into, not everone loves the OEM look or JDM and if you know anyone that will install a turbo kit along with selling for 900 hit me up, cause that is the best deal i have heard of so far.

thats my .2 cents

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 05:02 PM
The whole point of the thread had nothig to do with turbo's, cheap parts, nothing. If you read what I originally posted it says I went to the track on Friday and saw mainly slow Honda cars and was wondering were some of the faster exciting cars were. People took offense to me talking about slow cars. I just wanted to figure out were all the fast Hondas had gone, I remember a time when there were alot of quick Hondas. People kind of took the posting the wrong way. I just think going to the track and seeing tons of fast Honda's, domestics, etc makes the races more fun and exiting not only for the racers but for the spectators.

Rufus
07-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Oh cool then. I'm sure the slow Honda drivers wish they had fast Hondas just as much as you do.

seth00008
07-21-2008, 05:08 PM
ya but now people cant even build the car they want to because of the economy. alot of us have to worry about waking up to no car in the driveway and stuff like that. the fast honda's that you talk about had to get there the same way alot of us are and that takes time, and honeslty ya its cool to see a fast honda, but i would rather see 2 13 second hell maybe even 14 second cars run them that may just be me.

AZ_CIVIC
07-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey, like I said before I waited until I had a swap but I know were you guy's are coming from. I started off the same way running 14's and had motors built and blow and had to save up for months to get parts, I too would like to see a variety of cars running 10's, 11's, 12's, 13's and up, but lately it just seems like all you see is 2, 14 second cars 3 15, second cars and 20, 16 and 17 second cars. Oh believe me I had to worry for years about people trying to steal my car from my apartemtn complex and only till last year my car was my DD that I depended on too. I have been there done that.

Vtecracer
07-21-2008, 05:35 PM
This thread seems like a pointless bashing thread and it will be ended..

I say NOW!!! i closed the thread instead of giving infractions for TOS violations. Please respect other members and cool off! Start a new thread with respect and pointers to help people out if you want to contribute to the drag racing scene.