PDA

View Full Version : Olympic dream or Traitor?

Slow_HX
07-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Yesterday i was watching espn and came across this story of an American born girl named Becky Hammon playing in the olympics but for Russia and not the U.S. She was given a chance to tryout for the u.s team but her chances of making the team were slim, so she decided to obtain a russian passport and is now expected to play for Russia. Traitor?

Here's the link to the story
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?id=3336490

1lowtacoma
07-22-2008, 02:02 PM
well IMO:

she should be : http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l79/evrclear212/DSCN1406.jpg

Crxpunk89
07-22-2008, 02:03 PM
well IMO:

she should be : http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l79/evrclear212/DSCN1406.jpg

YES thats right. they should kick her fucking ass out of the U.S.

Rufus
07-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Ummm, she had a dream and changed her life to obtain it. It's not like she signed up for the fucking war to fight us.

Slow_HX
07-22-2008, 02:06 PM
it was her dream to play in the olympics and it wasn't going to happen playing for the u.s

1lowtacoma
07-22-2008, 02:07 PM
lolz its ture

Mafioso
07-22-2008, 02:08 PM
There are plenty of people with dual citizenship that are US citizens and citizens of European and Asian and African, etc. etc. countries. Was she giving up top secret information? Jeebus, you tards.

Rufus
07-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Don't listen to any of these people spouting asinine levels of "patriotism". I'm sure both of them drive an IMPORT and eat food at places that don't benefit Mom and Pop businesses to help the American economy thrive.

jägermeister
07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Don't listen to any of these people spouting asinine levels of "patriotism". I'm sure both of them drive an IMPORT and eat food at places that don't benefit Mom and Pop businesses to help the American economy thrive.

:goodpost:

Digi Snax
07-22-2008, 02:38 PM
gotta get in were u fit in

BigJsaid
07-22-2008, 02:38 PM
jager...i looked up sienna ...good shit..
but yo...ummm
whos this new bitch?

parahelium
07-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Many professional sports players are like that... its normal.

LiLinsane
07-22-2008, 02:40 PM
I think its AWSOME that she is doing this!

Seriously, the ONE thing that the WOLD participates in other then wars.
Having an American athlete compete on a Russian team really shows sense of global unification, Where generaly people think the piece of dirt they were born makes some kind of relivance of who they are.

GOOD FOR HER!!! I hope we will see more of this, people.

Rufus
07-22-2008, 02:40 PM
I bet you retards wanna hang every sports player that's left your precious state for another one too.

imm0rtal
07-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Ummm, she had a dream and changed her life to obtain it. It's not like she signed up for the fucking war to fight us.Thank you for being a reasonable person and not a closed-minded asshole with one opinion on every situation.

She took the steps necessary to make her dreams come true, which is a founding principle of the U.S so if anything she is more "American" (I use that term loosely since anyone from Canada down to the tip of Argentina is technically an American) than the rest of the assholes calling her a traitor.

AZ_CIVIC
07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
I heard some of this story a couple weeks ago and I think what happened is she didn't make the team in the US and was offered to play in Russia. Russia even offered to pay her I think a couple hundred thousand to play for them as well. Since she wanted to play in the olympics she decided to do it.

The God Damn Batman
07-22-2008, 02:53 PM
she followed her dream. whats wrong with that

Papesh_Foo
07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
jager...whos this new bitch?

x2!!

jägermeister
07-22-2008, 04:01 PM
jager...i looked up sienna ...good shit..
but yo...ummm
whos this new bitch?

x2!!

Hey hey hey...let's stay on topic please!

PRIYA RAI

FUK JDM
07-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Some of you are seriously retarded.....

jdmcivic1
07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
I wonder if these guys get offended when we let players from other countries play in the nba, nfl or mlb

Slow_HX
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
I wonder if these guys get offended when we let players from other countries play in the nba, nfl or mlb

Two different issues

apSquidFace
07-23-2008, 01:02 PM
you guys do realize this is womens basketball right? i mean does this even technically count as an olympic sport? Or is it more a comedic sideshow to everything else going on?

jdmcivic1
07-23-2008, 01:09 PM
you guys do realize this is womens basketball right? i mean does this even technically count as an olympic sport? Or is it more a comedic sideshow to everything else going on?

Good point. Like how many ppl actually pay attention the the wnba then alone womens basketball on a global scale...

apSquidFace
07-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Good point. Like how many ppl actually pay attention the the wnba then alone womens basketball on a global scale...

i know right...has anyone ever seen a WNBA game??? they can all play for china if it were up to me...that shit is embarassing.

Owens
07-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Kill her anyways.

Heist
07-23-2008, 04:35 PM
If she failed, who gives a fuck. She can go suck in Russia, it's her gig.

Slow_HX
07-23-2008, 09:55 PM

i bet if lebron james went and became a naturalized citizen in england, there would be more people talking about this.

lowlifeEK
07-23-2008, 11:07 PM
the ignorance in this country is unbelievable with some people. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I am a dual citizen US/German and I can honestly tell you was I playing in the MLS here and the US was thinking bout offering me a spot on the Nat'l team for the world cup but doubted me and Germany invited me with an open spot- guess what, I am going. This girl, who isnt actually too much of a girl anymore realized that this might be one of her last shots at playing in the Olympics. So what if Russia is giving her the opportunity to do it? She plays pro-ball there........She is just trying to make her dream come true so I cant blame her. What I hate is how everyone shelters these hate thoughts towards her now because she isnt doing the american thing and being patriotic and all that shit. Get off your high horse ppl. ......and go ahead and beat on me for my comments.....whatever. Just my .02 cents on the issue.....

lowlifeEK
07-23-2008, 11:10 PM
and btw...watch espn..two major NBA players just signed contracts to play for professional teams in Europe. Are they traitors now as well or what? You know how many NFL players go play in the NFL Europe in the offseason to better themselves? are they being traitors? They are doing what they need to do to better themselves. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. But then having growing up in Germany your view on things like this isnt nowhere near as radical as it is here.......

jdmcivic1
07-24-2008, 06:03 AM
i bet if lebron james went and became a naturalized citizen in england, there would be more people talking about this.

But Lebron James is good enough to make the team here. She didn't make the team so she obviously isn't that good compared to the other players on the US team. Thats like caring if some old washed up player couldn't make the team here and went to play somewhere else. Honestly would you really cared where DJ Strawberry or Orland Tucker played for?

No cuz they suck compared to the ppl on the US team

apSquidFace
07-24-2008, 06:28 AM
the ignorance in this country is unbelievable with some people. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. I am a dual citizen US/German and I can honestly tell you was I playing in the MLS here and the US was thinking bout offering me a spot on the Nat'l team for the world cup but doubted me and Germany invited me with an open spot- guess what, I am going.

Gateway to brag much? Glad you threw this in.....:thumbsdown:

Anyhow i agree with you for the most part, who gives a shit....and if you do thats sad.

Sami_Chan
07-24-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm a happy American citizen don't get me wrong, but if I had the chance to go to the Olympics with another country, because I couldn't make the cut on the US team then I'd go for it. For some of those athletes the Olympics is a once in a life time opportunity...

Plus look at how many athletes play for American profession teams that AREN'T natural born citizens.. Who cares! If you have the chance GO FOR IT...

lowlifeEK
07-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Gateway to brag much? Glad you threw this in.....:thumbsdown:

Anyhow i agree with you for the most part, who gives a shit....and if you do thats sad.

Brag? who is bragging, I was simply using the sport I play as a reference seeing how I dont play basketball. If you took that as me bragging, well ok then. All I said was, if i WAS playing in the MLS.....

but your right, the whole situation is blown way out of proportion. I hope they play the US and she helps Russia win the game LOL. See how mad they get then!!!

JDMitation
07-24-2008, 09:24 AM
aren't a lot of "American" professional athletes foreigners anyways...?

jdmcivic1
07-24-2008, 09:28 AM

Well the number continues to rise. You see alot of foreigners in baseball, basketball and almost everyone in hockey is from canada

Slow_HX
07-24-2008, 09:34 AM

yes if your a great athlete you come to america (unless its soccer, then you go to europe) because the best athletes play here and make the most money.