PDA

View Full Version : Speeding in AZ is over...

MrRline2010
07-22-2008, 04:14 PM
http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2008/07/14/daily65.html?jst=b_ln_hl

Redflex Traffic Systems Inc. will be the vendor rolling out more than 200 speed cameras on state freeways after it was awarded a contract Thursday from the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

Scottsdale-based Redflex will be paid $20 million for the program, part of legislation passed this year to place the cameras along freeways after DPS took over a speed-monitored stretch of the Loop 101 set up by Scottsdale and run by Redflex.

"We're pleased to partner with the state on this first-of-a-kind project," said Cristina Weekes, Redflex's executive vice president for sales and marketing.

The company will have 50 mobile and stationary speed cameras out by the end of September, with another 50 to be delivered by January 2009.

Few determinations have been made where the cameras will be going, but Redflex and DPS officials already have started those discussions, Weekes said.

"Yesterday there were a lot of conversations on where they should go, but some of them will be in Phoenix and in the suburban areas," she said.

DPS officials said the Phoenix area will be the initial starting point for deployment, with stationary systems along major intersections such as the Interstate 10 and Interstate 17 junction as well as the "mini-stack" where I-10, State Route 51 and Loop 202 meet.

Also a priority will be along I-10 eastbound in the West Valley in an effort to slow vehicle traffic from California, officials said.

Redflex is one of the major speed and red-light camera vendors in the Valley, and the company will be moving its headquarters to north Phoenix in the next few weeks, tripling its space with a new 75,000-square-foot building.

Weekes said the company also will be hiring new employees to handle the contract. Redflex currently deploys two speed vans for DPS.

In addition to spending $20 million with Redflex, the state will spend $4 million with the Supreme Court Administrative Office of the Courts and $2.17 million on its own administration of the program.

GHOSTY
07-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Nnooooeezzz!!!1

The God Damn Batman
07-22-2008, 04:20 PM
good god. set to cruise everyone you gonna get raped if you dont. make your grandma proud and follow her example. this SUCKS. but really it is a good thing.

JR7FAST
07-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Yep no doubt! Set that cruise control.. Does anyone know if that plate cover deflector works for the cameras not to capture the plates?

jägermeister
07-22-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm gonna start driving with my sunglasses on at all times and a bandana covering my mouth. take that Redflex!

Kinetic
07-22-2008, 04:36 PM
this is sooooooo wrong on soooo many levels

usdm420
07-22-2008, 04:42 PM
wow. time to slam the ride even more cuz it forces me to cruise and lay back.

Mop
07-22-2008, 06:29 PM
time to wear my gorrilla mask

LS-S DA9
07-22-2008, 06:33 PM
shit wack cameras everywhere hell i even saw some regular just cameras on street lights in glendale....

LONESTAR
07-22-2008, 06:35 PM
This is fucking bull shit i am moving to japan! I can do 180 kph they cant cath me

azjared
07-22-2008, 06:38 PM
time for a james bond style license plater hider or something like that bmw in transporter

soooofit
07-22-2008, 06:40 PM
damn traffic is gonna be even worse now

teemfedx
07-22-2008, 06:50 PM
This is fucking bull shit i am moving to japan! I can do 180 kph they cant cath me

funny post of the day.

we are turning into a police state. they will soon install black boxes in new cars, some already do, that let the authorities know how fast you drive on average, see if you wear your seatbelt, and they can even tell if you drive safely.

sketch.

really i would think these cameras are a scam, they had them in hawaii for a while, and they got ruled illegal, maybe the same will happen here.

BADCHKN
07-22-2008, 06:53 PM
I mob anyways... I just set the cruise and chill no need for speeding here.

Jason.AZ1
07-22-2008, 07:12 PM
time for a james bond style license plater hider or something like that bmw in transporter

LINK (http://www.fbirides.com/product.asp?idno=262711)
Mini truckin style lol
theres cheapier kits and it isnt hard to make one.
we made one for my friends s10 once
Saw a old hotrod with one the other day we were getting on the freeway and then his license plate went bye bye lol
then he down shifted lol

Yepp time for cruise control.
I gotta learn not to speed....

JDM Jon
07-22-2008, 07:22 PM
how ghey..im gonna buy a bike and become the arizona ghostrider

Jason.AZ1
07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Jon;1011325']how ghey..im gonna buy a bike and become the arizona ghostrider

lol

LONESTAR
07-22-2008, 07:32 PM
id rather do the hide a plate and mob and go under semi's like in fast and the furious

Jason.AZ1
07-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Let's have a new game for AZHT.
To all Toilet Paper Ninjas and Pillowcase Thugs
once the camera's are set up.

who ever knocks down or blow's up or paints etc... to the most camera wins.

Sound fun right?

LONESTAR
07-22-2008, 07:48 PM
anyone have hiring info for this???

yeah no shit need a job or a yob for the rest of the beaners in here can help me get one lol!

rickftw
07-22-2008, 08:05 PM
someone needs to get a job there so that they can just throw away azht member's tickets.

Rufus
07-22-2008, 08:33 PM

Sound fun right?

Hmm I like the way this man thinks

Jason.AZ1
07-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Hmm I like the way this man thinks

We can see who's the best Ninjas or Thugs!!
Rules must post pictures of the camera with you standing next to it.

*inFamous*
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM
Who the hell voted for this lol

krazyblurtz
07-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Im surprised its the english and not us that are refusing and rebeling against this bs. Its the right to do what we want with ourselfs, theres always going to be danger driving.. theres been proof from ADOT that since the 60-70's when they raised the speed limit that crashes went down..maybe just a coincidence but its not large enough difference to justify this bullSHIT. People will be doing 65 and still causing 10 car pile ups while texting or doing make up or spilling their starfucks drinks. Argh, fuck this government...seriously if I had the money and experience I would go to australia/canada or somewhere else already

ILIKETODRIVE
07-22-2008, 11:06 PM
FTL

Period.

skar1
07-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Idk how to use cruise control with a stick shift dammit!!!!!!!!:pissed: Bad day for me i guess:cry:

ICUJockin
07-22-2008, 11:51 PM
Thats pretty crazy

JustinD
07-23-2008, 12:02 AM
sounds good to me..........cruise control ftw

Ryan
07-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Did you say that $26,170,000.00 of our hard earn taxes are getting wasted on this. I am all for encouraging people to do the speed limit but in my opinion, when the hell did this become a priority over all our other issues. $26,170,000.00 is a lot of money that should have been spent on something worth while.
I can only assume this is another way that Maricopa County is violating you right to privacy through taxing speeding citizens with speeding tickets. Haven't enough people figured out by now from there attorneys that you never have to acknowledge or pay these tickets? This is a complete waste of government funding. Do we not have better things to do with $26,170,000.00 Bucks? I never voted for this, how about you all?

Grimlock989
07-23-2008, 12:05 AM
[QUOTE=jason.az1;1011348]Let's have a new game for AZHT.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I think the main goal is to make money to help out the state budget. Its just another source of revenue.

TeamSickLife EK
07-23-2008, 01:36 AM
SAw this on the news!! fuck it, like head said^^^^cruise

Charlee
07-23-2008, 01:42 AM

Sound fun right?

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/charleericer/q1x00102_9.jpg

MrRline2010
07-23-2008, 05:40 AM
Honestly I would like to try to get a petition together, but at this point if something has already been contracted there's not a whole lot we could do other than write letters to congressman explaining our disgust and maybe if enough of us would do it, something might get done. This is money that adot has decided to spend that their funded and believe they will make up with the new system. I have also heard, but am still trying to find sources that the cameras will not cause points to your license. You will receive a fine in the mail. If after 90 days no response then you will try to be served until your 120 days and then they have to drop it. Personally I think this is all pretty much bs. Camera cause more irratic driving than they stop. Look on the 101. Soon as everyone hits the cameras it's a big stop followed by go. A lot of people end up getting rear ended and all so the state can have a bigger budget for next year. Personally if anything if I got a ticket I would rather see my money go towards our public schools or sending a kid to college who really really wants to go. Btw i'm all for destruction of the cameras. Whoever destroys the first one pm me there's 200 bucks in it for you.

sssmokin05si
07-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Crazy!

I stopped speeding like I used to everywhere doing 10 over since my last ticket. I refuse to get another and watch my insurance sky rocket.

SlowLS
07-23-2008, 07:32 AM
funny post of the day.

we are turning into a police state. they will soon install black boxes in new cars, some already do, that let the authorities know how fast you drive on average, see if you wear your seatbelt, and they can even tell if you drive safely.

sketch.

really i would think these cameras are a scam, they had them in hawaii for a while, and they got ruled illegal, maybe the same will happen here.

thats why i dont drive a new car.

and i agree, these cameras are a scam. just another way for the state to suck more money from us, thats all it is.

Stockvx
07-23-2008, 07:55 AM
Once this campany goes public, Im sooooo buying into their stock.
Then I'll buy a new limo and get a driver, that way I never have to drive anyway.

Fully_Built_Srt-4
07-23-2008, 08:06 AM
have you guys seen the mod that autoloc sells that flips your plate around? i think i might have to get that lol

eviilboy
07-23-2008, 08:17 AM
good god. set to cruise everyone you gonna get raped if you dont. make your grandma proud and follow her example. this SUCKS. but really it is a good thing.

How is it a good thing? It's been proven through numerous studies that people driving slower than the flow of traffic are 2-3x more likely to be involved in an accident.

Noone, because they knew that we wouldn't vote for it.

Im surprised its the english and not us that are refusing and rebeling against this bs. Its the right to do what we want with ourselfs, theres always going to be danger driving.. theres been proof from ADOT that since the 60-70's when they raised the speed limit that crashes went down..maybe just a coincidence but its not large enough difference to justify this bullSHIT. People will be doing 65 and still causing 10 car pile ups while texting or doing make up or spilling their starfucks drinks. Argh, fuck this government...seriously if I had the money and experience I would go to australia/canada or somewhere else already

Correct, and numerous studies like I've already posted. People who drive slower end up in more accidents.. it's a proven fact.

Honestly I would like to try to get a petition together, but at this point if something has already been contracted there's not a whole lot we could do other than write letters to congressman explaining our disgust and maybe if enough of us would do it, something might get done. This is money that adot has decided to spend that their funded and believe they will make up with the new system. I have also heard, but am still trying to find sources that the cameras will not cause points to your license. You will receive a fine in the mail. If after 90 days no response then you will try to be served until your 120 days and then they have to drop it. Personally I think this is all pretty much bs. Camera cause more irratic driving than they stop. Look on the 101. Soon as everyone hits the cameras it's a big stop followed by go. A lot of people end up getting rear ended and all so the state can have a bigger budget for next year. Personally if anything if I got a ticket I would rather see my money go towards our public schools or sending a kid to college who really really wants to go. Btw i'm all for destruction of the cameras.

I actually edited your quote.. as to not incriminate you anymore than you already did.

But that sounds like a good idea. If these cameras are always being destroyed... (NOT BY GUNS, since I know some morons here in this state are going to start shooting them)... They'll lose money on fixing them... and get an idea for just how much we dislike them.

It'd also be a good idea to find out who voted for this in the senate and our legislature and supports it. Then start a campaign against them... either on the internet or in person.. and get them voted out of office.

That's our recourse.

Stockvx
07-23-2008, 08:20 AM
I cant wait till the cameras start getting destroyed. Thats the one of the only acts of vandalism that will actually do some good.

F40
07-23-2008, 08:25 AM
I'll just drive with a helmet on, problem solved.

Stockvx
07-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Next thing you know, you'll be getting pulled over for "Future Speeding" or "Causing a Future Accident"

Rufus
07-23-2008, 08:45 AM
I'll just drive with a helmet on, problem solved.

lol Pretty sure the car gets the ticket bud.

Besides, they're dumping millions into the legal process. I'm sure they don't want people getting out of these as easily anymore.

Evil Empire
07-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Correct, and numerous studies like I've already posted. People who drive slower end up in more accidents.. it's a proven fact.

How about people that actually follow the speed limit? Not faster, not slower, but the actual limit.

Rufus
07-23-2008, 08:46 AM
How about people that actually follow the speed limit? Not faster, not slower, but the actual limit.

They like anal. Proven fact. There are studies.

crxhfb16
07-23-2008, 08:51 AM
yes ths should be interesting i hope they dont start doing that where i live all we have in this town is speeding lol

Evil Empire
07-23-2008, 08:54 AM

It IS good...but I'm more of an analingus man myself.

eviilboy
07-23-2008, 09:08 AM

Even the speed limit, on a street where the traffic flows at a constant 10-15mph over the speed limit.

Anytime a person impedes the flow of traffic, whether they're doing the speed limit .. or just slightly slower, they run the risk of causing an accident... by 2-3x more than the people who are actually following the speed of the traffic around them.

JustinD
07-23-2008, 09:11 AM
How is it a good thing? It's been proven through numerous studies that people driving slower than the flow of traffic are 2-3x more likely to be involved in an accident.

you are correct.

but if the FLOW of traffic is slowed down to the actual speed limit because of the cameras....then EVERYONE will be driving with the flow of traffic.

Then what ? ..... less accidents.

If everyone on the road is doing 55-65 there will be less accidents. It's when you have the majority of people going 80-90 on the freeway and the people doing 65 are made to look "slow".

eviilboy
07-23-2008, 09:13 AM
you are correct.

but if the FLOW of traffic is slowed down to the actual speed limit because of the cameras....then EVERYONE will be driving with the flow of traffic.

If everyone on the road is doing 55-65 there will be less accidents. It's when you have the majority of people going 80-90 on the freeway and the people doing 65 are made to look "slow".

lol... 75-80mph... 55!!!! SLAM ON THE BRAKES!! SLOW DOWN... woo... passed the camera.. back to 75-80mph..

Thank god noone rear ended me that time! phew!

Yeah, that's really safer.... My eyeballs just rolled out of their sockets.

got3ek
07-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Damn more cameras wtf this sucks.

Kinetic
07-23-2008, 09:49 AM

not I, nor anyone that I know

you are correct.

you must not drive on th 101 much.....people go 75-80 then slow down only to speed up again.

lower speed does not mean less accidents..plenty of unbiased studies prove it....same for red light cameras....accidents tend to increase at those intersections....heck some cities have been caught lowering the yellow light time to increase the number of tickets issued even though thats illeagal on a federal level do to safety concerns

if everyone is going 80mph...then raise the fucking speed limit......

ticket the jackasses eating food,doing make up, texting, READING THE PAPER...etc

kjhilsinger
07-23-2008, 10:01 AM
not I, nor anyone that I know

you must not drive on th 101 much.....people go 75-80 then slow down only to speed up again.

lower speed does not mean less accidents..plenty of unbiased studies prove it....same for red light cameras....accidents tend to increase at those intersections....heck some cities have been caught lowering the yellow light time to increase the number of tickets issued even though thats illeagal on a federal level do to safety concerns

if everyone is going 80mph...then raise the fucking speed limit......

ticket the jackasses eating food,doing make up, texting, READING THE PAPER...etc

If they raise the speed limit to 80mph then every jackass on the road that was doing 80 in a 65 will now be doing 95 in an 80.

on the I-17 when the speed limit changes from 65 to 75 all the people that were driving 75 in the 65 start going 85.

skabone
07-23-2008, 10:11 AM
and i agree, these cameras are a scam. just another way for the state to suck more money from us, thats all it is.
thats the exact reason they are putting the cameras up, thanks to the budget shortfall they are looking to go after speeders. What are they going to do once everyone knows where the stationary cameras are and they don't produce the revune like they were hoping? the mobile cameras use radar so if you have a radar dector your golden.

JDMitation
07-23-2008, 10:21 AM
everyone is going to go 75 on i10 and then slam on their brakes 10 feet in front of the cameras. it is going to be a disaster.

The God Damn Batman
07-23-2008, 11:27 AM
everyone is going to go 75 on i10 and then slam on their brakes 10 feet in front of the cameras. it is going to be a disaster.

x2 bro

eviilboy
07-23-2008, 11:29 AM
If they raise the speed limit to 80mph then every jackass on the road that was doing 80 in a 65 will now be doing 95 in an 80.

on the I-17 when the speed limit changes from 65 to 75 all the people that were driving 75 in the 65 start going 85.

Right, just like the anti-gun person's...

If we let them do this.. then they'll do that!!! ZOMG

The fact of the matter is almost everyone drives 80mph on our freeways... The logical thing would be to raise the speedlimits, then employ the cameras when people were going faster than everyone already is.

You can sit here and say that everyone will start going 130mph or faster when they raise the speedlimits to 80.. but that's just a hyperbolic argument.. a red herring.

ILIKETODRIVE
07-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Right, just like the anti-gun person's...

If we let them do this.. then they'll do that!!! ZOMG

The fact of the matter is almost everyone drives 80mph on our freeways... The logical thing would be to raise the speedlimits, then employ the cameras when people were going faster than everyone already is.

You can sit here and say that everyone will start going 130mph or faster when they raise the speedlimits to 80.. but that's just a hyperbolic argument.. a red herring.

x2 to all of that.

v-techbaby
07-23-2008, 11:39 AM
thats sucks

pbxsv
07-23-2008, 11:56 AM
yeah this sucks, looks like I will be wearing my batman mask when I drive now

Fully_Built_Srt-4
07-23-2008, 12:02 PM

:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:

Jason.AZ1
07-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Driving Grand wont be fun now everyone gonna do the speedlimit now....

Cruise control here I come....

slowEF
07-23-2008, 12:14 PM
funny this came up, i just noticed in tucson from about overton and shanon until cortaro and i-10 there are cameras on every intersection!

Sol2Sqeez
07-23-2008, 12:19 PM
thats the exact reason they are putting the cameras up, thanks to the budget shortfall they are looking to go after speeders. What are they going to do once everyone knows where the stationary cameras are and they don't produce the revune like they were hoping? the mobile cameras use radar so if you have a radar dector your golden.

then the next step will be to do away with radar detectors! some states its illegal to have a radar detector, im sure one of them being Virginia. so you think you maybe golden but for how long!

this shit is getting ridiculous, i plan on moving back home in about a year and i have to come home to this. i would gladly go out of my way to sign a petition to get rid of this trash

Devist8
07-23-2008, 12:26 PM
This sucks, not only are they all over my town, but they are gonna take the highway from me to.

F40
07-23-2008, 12:44 PM
lol Pretty sure the car gets the ticket bud.

Besides, they're dumping millions into the legal process. I'm sure they don't want people getting out of these as easily anymore.

Pretty sure they need a photo of your face as well, just like on the 101.

Jason.AZ1
07-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Pretty sure they need a photo of your face as well, just like on the 101.

Yeah but I thought if you tell them you got the ticket but that isnt you driving they ask who it is and if you dont tell them who was driving your car you get the ticket anyways???

I forgot who told me that.

MrRline2010
07-23-2008, 01:04 PM
It's pretty bogus that they go to this level. I don't know a single person that's happy or any person on this forum that thinks it's a great idea. I asked a couple truck drivers what they thought of it last night and even though they have 100% no possible way of getting a ticket their still not happy about it.

1lowtacoma
07-23-2008, 01:08 PM
autobahn = no speedlimit.
1/4 = no speedlimit.

1lowtacoma
07-23-2008, 01:26 PM
that guy looks like a skunk with a birthmark on his head lolz

eviilboy
07-23-2008, 02:03 PM
autobahn = no speedlimit.
1/4 = no speedlimit.

Wanna look up crash statistics on the autobahn?

Also wanna look up the standards that European cars have to be manufactured to.. compared to our's?

Guarantee their's are a bit more safe.

Oh, and there is a speed limit on the autobahn.. it's determined by your license level.

Charlee
07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
the bottom one looks like a child molester to me.

F40
07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm going to get dealer plates, that way they cant issue me a ticket at all.

enigma94
07-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah but I thought if you tell them you got the ticket but that isnt you driving they ask who it is and if you dont tell them who was driving your car you get the ticket anyways???

I forgot who told me that.

You are correct, so say your buddy is driving your car and they get a clear pic of his face but its obviously not you, if you dont tell them who it is then you will be responsible for the ticket. I'm not sure if the whole no clear picture of the driver is a still viable out though...

The God Damn Batman
07-23-2008, 04:06 PM
if im gettin ready to get flashed and know it I just duck down or put my hand over my face, works for me. haha

raiders480
07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
fuck!

eviilboy
07-23-2008, 04:16 PM
if im gettin ready to get flashed and know it I just duck down or put my hand over my face, works for me. haha

I put down the visor, and flip off the camera. :P

Only for the speed cameras... I actually kinda like the idea of the red light cameras.

The God Damn Batman
07-23-2008, 04:18 PM
I put down the visor, and flip off the camera. :P

Only for the speed cameras... I actually kinda like the idea of the red light cameras.

haha classic
agree with the red light tho. those cameras IMO do go things MOST of the time.

Jason.AZ1
07-23-2008, 04:19 PM

Drive around with this on
http://assets.spirithalloween.com/images/spirit/products/processed/00103085.zoom.a.jpg

The God Damn Batman
07-23-2008, 04:21 PM
HAHAHAHA that should at least stop my DWB (driving while black) problems!!!

LiLinsane
07-23-2008, 04:25 PM
I doubt this was really voted in to play... I say we petition the whole thing and make a big stink about it to McCain. It would sure suck for McCain to loose in his own state because of stupid lights

illudr
07-23-2008, 04:25 PM
FUCK! this is rediculous.

xswingkidx
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
1984 anyone? Big brother is watching...

Kinetic
07-23-2008, 05:59 PM

people will drive a whatever speed they are comfortable...

I rarely exceed 85 on the highway...thats the speed I am comfortable at......

its a proven fact that lowering the speed limit WILL NOT LOWER accident count.....
this is a revenue builder.....

Jason.AZ1
07-23-2008, 06:21 PM

its a proven fact that lowering the speed limit WILL NOT LOWER accident count.....

Same I normally go 80-85 on the freeway
streets if posted 45 i do 55 if posted 40 i do 50
but lately I been doing the speed limit
Ive seen more cops around and I been shifting at 3k too....

kjhilsinger
07-23-2008, 06:28 PM

I never said a word about lowering the speed limit. All i said was if the speed limit is raised, people won't stop speeding, they will just go faster.

Kinetic
07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I never said a word about lowering the speed limit. All i said was if the speed limit is raised, people won't stop speeding, they will just go faster.

ok....my point was still that people will trvel the speed they are comfortable with......
regardess of what the limit is...........

95% of people are comfortable cruising @ 80mph..not 85 not 90 not 95....
there is a certain point when people stop accelerating and just cruise

GAMEZ
07-23-2008, 08:08 PM
thats good in a way..... u save gas now lol

Charlee
07-24-2008, 12:38 AM
ok....my point was still that people will trvel the speed they are comfortable with......
regardess of what the limit is...........

95% of people are comfortable cruising @ 80mph..not 85 not 90 not 95....
there is a certain point when people stop accelerating and just cruise

you know this is very true. same here. after 80 it seems kinda too fast. but anything lower its just to slow.

GD3runner
07-24-2008, 12:55 AM
On the real it is a big waste of money. As if the state didnt get enough from the WestGate opening in Glendale and the Super Bowl.

JustinD
07-24-2008, 02:12 AM
The fact of the matter is almost everyone drives 80mph on our freeways... The logical thing would be to raise the speedlimits, then employ the cameras when people were going faster than everyone already is..

So you actually think the speed cameras are a GOOD idea....but you just think the speed limit should be higher ? wtf.

I actually kinda like the idea of the red light cameras.

You are a hypocrite.

These 2 posts of yours contradict everything you have said in the past about the cameras being "illegal" and a "violation of our rights" lol....you are hilarious.

MrRline2010
07-24-2008, 05:48 AM
ouch someone must have gotten butt hurt deleted pictures and post from rufus.

MyBlackS14
07-24-2008, 07:10 AM
I hate camera's! Time to invest in a really good radar!!

Owens
07-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Or at least some bricks to break them down.

ILIKETODRIVE
07-24-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm going to get dealer plates, that way they cant issue me a ticket at all.

A ticket would still be issued.

Some of our customers drive our loaner cars like assholes. Guess what, we've received plenty of speed camera and red light camera tickets at the dealership.

F40
07-24-2008, 08:18 AM
I go 84 on the freeway, keeping it civil as I call it.

eviilboy
07-24-2008, 08:28 AM
So you actually think the speed cameras are a GOOD idea....but you just think the speed limit should be higher ? wtf.

You are a hypocrite.

These 2 posts of yours contradict everything you have said in the past about the cameras being "illegal" and a "violation of our rights" lol....you are hilarious.

lol.

Try comprehending my post first.

Not once have I said they're a good thing.

Oh, and red light cameras actually serve a purpose. I think the fines should be tripled, or even quadrupled.. and should carry a criminal punishment. Too many people die because of idiots who can't be bothered to stop for a red light and end up tboning the family wagon at 70mph. They are against our rights, but they are actually a safety measure. You know... AZ is pretty much the only state that I've ever been in where people hit their brakes on a green and look both ways? We're one of the worst states for red light runners.

As to my "logical way to employ the cameras" statement.
The speeding cameras serve no purpose other than to gain revenue for the state... Just like Napalitano said... when asked how they'd fund the program... "We'll just use the estimated $20m a year in fines the cameras will produce.". Sure sounds like they're really for our safety eh? Of course they're not going to raise the speed limit to what everyone is already driving. Because then they wouldn't be able to make money off an arbitrarily low speed limit with their cameras.

The God Damn Batman
07-24-2008, 08:42 AM
lol.

Oh, and red light cameras actually serve a purpose. I think the fines should be tripled, or even quadrupled.. and should carry a criminal punishment. Too many people die because of idiots who can't be bothered to stop for a red light and end up tboning the family wagon at 70mph. They are against our rights, but they are actually a safety measure. You know... AZ is pretty much the only state that I've ever been in where people hit their brakes on a green and look both ways? We're one of the worst states for red light runners.

The speeding cameras serve no purpose other than to gain revenue for the state... Just like Napalitano said... when asked how they'd fund the program... "We'll just use the estimated $20m a year in fines the cameras will produce.". Sure sounds like they're really for our safety eh? Of course they're not going to raise the speed limit to what everyone is already driving. Because then they wouldn't be able to make money off an arbitrarily low speed limit with their cameras.
:clapper:

skabone
07-24-2008, 10:11 AM
an actual help thing I've been seing lately at some stop lights is they have a count down timer of how many seconds till the light turns red, I that that more helpful than trying to enforce with cameras.

TurboElements Ike
07-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Hopefully they give tickets to the slow fuckers too, I know that daewoo can do 75 and still get 40mpg! Move bitch getta outta my way!!

project91ef
07-24-2008, 10:46 AM
guess its time to let my grandma drive me around

Evil Empire
07-24-2008, 03:18 PM
lol.

I've seen plenty of idiots hit the brakes way too early at 19th Ave & Thunderbird in order to not have a chance to get caught running the red light, same as what you said about people stopping and slowing down to not get caught by the speeding lights. I've seen many people hit the brakes when they see the don't walk sign flashing, not when the yellow starts blinking because I used to drive back and forth from work in that area every day.

Either change the system so that every light has a red + speed camera so people go at a consistent speed throughout the whole city instead of gun it, brake, gun it, brake...OR get rid of ALL of them, or have a driving penalties system like European countries do so that way, we can get the retards off the road, at least for periods at a time or until they learn. Other than those 3 ways, we're not gonna get anywhere.

How are speed and red light cameras invading our rights?

95_B18b1_Teg
07-24-2008, 03:20 PM
fuck that! what if your family member is having a heart attack in your car and you need to rush to the hospital
are you gonna go 35-40 the whole way and let them die
thats fucked

eviilboy
07-24-2008, 03:21 PM
I've seen plenty of idiots hit the brakes way too early at 19th Ave & Thunderbird in order to not have a chance to get caught running the red light, same as what you said about people stopping and slowing down to not get caught by the speeding lights. I've seen many people hit the brakes when they see the don't walk sign flashing, not when the yellow starts blinking because I used to drive back and forth from work in that area every day.

Either change the system so that every light has a red + speed camera so people go at a consistent speed throughout the whole city instead of gun it, brake, gun it, brake...OR get rid of ALL of them, or have a driving penalties system like European countries do so that way, we can get the retards off the road, at least for periods at a time or until they learn. Other than those 3 ways, we're not gonna get anywhere.

How are speed and red light cameras invading our rights?

They're in violation of AZ state constitution. In regards to receiving a citation the offense must be witnessed by a police officer, or peace officer and given to you by them as such.

They need to fix the red light system... so that all the lights change at the same time.. and one doesn't go green->yellow->red within a second of changing phases.. (i've seen this on a couple).. it could also be reimplemented with a timer like others have said.

Evil Empire
07-24-2008, 09:57 PM
They're in violation of AZ state constitution. In regards to receiving a citation the offense must be witnessed by a police officer, or peace officer and given to you by them as such.

Gotcha.

They need to fix the red light system... so that all the lights change at the same time.. and one doesn't go green->yellow->red within a second of changing phases.. (i've seen this on a couple).. it could also be reimplemented with a timer like others have said.

I definitely agree about the timers...you mean the ones like all the Downtown streets have? They've put a few of those up around my neighborhood and I like them a lot, they seem to do a better job.

eviilboy
07-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Gotcha.

I definitely agree about the timers...you mean the ones like all the Downtown streets have? They've put a few of those up around my neighborhood and I like them a lot, they seem to do a better job.

Correct.

JDM BOII
08-01-2008, 08:49 PM
this is sooooooo wrong on soooo many levels

agreed

JDM BOII
08-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Yep no doubt! Set that cruise control.. Does anyone know if that plate cover deflector works for the cameras not to capture the plates?

they work if u get the good ones... but alot of dps officers along with regular cops will pull u over if u have them and either make u take it off or get the ticket because they are illegal

SiR Mikey
08-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I would get so much joy out of destroying one of those cameras

super_civic
08-01-2008, 10:13 PM

I strongly agree.

Haha but I think that goes without saying.

LiLinsane
08-01-2008, 10:26 PM
I have had such glorious dreams of breaking one of those things, and ramming them into the ass of whatever asshole who decided we should be using these damn cameras. FUCK spending the 400 mil on these!
ARIZONIAN'S NEED JOBS - SPEND THE MONEY ON FIXING OUR FINANCIAL SITUATION FIRST.
I THINK MR. MCCAIN NEEDS TO HEAR THIS, i understand that we need to make the streets safer. Hire more police officers, and put these camera's in intersections for red light runners. Everybody is known to put the throttle in just a little bit here and there. Hell we all will accidently do this from time to time, its going to cause a financial burden on the people who are voting for you sir.

Type - O
08-02-2008, 11:04 AM
this is gay, and im in NC. bit i plan on moving back to az but i dont want bullshit like this. im down for a partition or funding those that will "ease" our camera pain. i agree with the whole it will cause more accidents bit. ive done it once or twice before, slamming on my brakes on the 101. luckily no one was behind me.

atomicx
08-02-2008, 12:13 PM
omfg the damn government acts like they dont speed themselves watch, JOe Arpiao is gonna get a speeding ticket with these cameras up and a shit load of cop cars. Man its cop cars that cause accidents!!! I always see them without there sirens on swerving in and out of traffic, and when they wanna run a red light they just flash there light. FUCKING ENTITLEMENT!!!!!! BITCHSS!!!! FUCK COPS! Im a rebel

atomicx
08-02-2008, 12:15 PM

lets do it, get out the .50 cal and c4!

SiR2000
08-03-2008, 03:07 AM
japan lmao.... i can see u like the fnf