PDA

View Full Version : Official Super duper cooking shit thread

JDM_SLO
07-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Like most people on this site i enjoy some home cooked food everyonce in a while, but sometimes i think my cooking skills are a little dull. SO I would like to hear some new cooking ideas. So i decided to see what the rest of my AZHT teams favorite home cooked dishes are.. Or maybe just something that just makes your mouth watter..

So basically what im asking is, if you would like, to please post in this thread your favorite/ special recipes are, and where you get the ingredients to make these awsome dishes..

Ill start with basic spaghetti.

1. Spicy sausage
2. tube of groud beef
3. Prego sauce (garlic mushroom)
4. Angle haired pasta.

and for the on the go..

Raman noodles
1. Pack of raman noodels
2. Sarachi sauce I(hella spicy can be found at your oriental markets)
3. A couple table spoons of butter at the end.
4. The beef flavor packet.

So hopefully you guys get the drift and will post up some new recipes for us AZHTers to enjoy.. thanks and Cheers ahead of time.:thumbsup:

rOkaZ
07-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Quesadillas:

1. shit load of flour/corn tortillas
2. monterey jack cheese
3. slices of ham

:)

Owens
07-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Cheap-Ass Calzone:

Order a thin crust medium pepperoni pizza from Domino's, or Pizza Hut now that they do the 5-5-5 deal.

Slice up a Green and Red pepper
Throw in a little more Mozzarella Cheese, sausage, pepperoni, anything else you want really. I like to throw in BBQ and chicken.

Spread butter on the top crust of the pizza, then folder it over, and spread a little more butter (or egg wash) on the top, sprinkle Italian seasoning, Parmesan Cheese (the kind used for Spaghetti), and put it on the over for 7 minutes at 450 degrees. Pull it out, and it will resemble a poor version of a huge calzone.

(I make calzones from scratch all the time, this was just my lazy method)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor Mans Cheese Noodles

Get the chicken flavored Ramen Noodles
1 and 1/4 cup of hot water
tupplewear bowl
handful of Chez-Its crackers

Put the slate of noodles in the bowl, and then get a handfull of Chez-It crackers and crush them up with your hands as fine as possible, and put that into the bowl. Next put about half of that MSG packet that comes with your ramen in the bowl too.

Pour your hot water in, and close the bowl, and wrap it up in a shirt or jacket or something and sit it by your computer. In about 15, everthing in the bowl will have absorbed all the water and look like a cheesier version of Ramen. Then stir it up, and put the lid back on it and wait about 5-10 minutes.

You can eat it now, which tastes awesome... or continue to this if you find yourself bored of it.

Get two or three packets of taco sauce from Taco Bell, you might have them sitting around in your fridge like me, and pour them into your cheesy Ramen and mix it all up. You can eat it now, which is good, or you can make it into a Burrito. Get a zioplock bag, and pour everything from the bowl into the bag. Push everything down to the bottom, and squeeze it a little to get any extra air out of the bag, then roll that up as tight as possible. Set it aside somewhere warm for like 10 minutes, pull it out, and you'll have a roll of Ramen. You can eat it like that out of the bag, or put it on a tortilla and roll up your ramen roll with some hot sauce or something... and there you have something a little different to eat

Owens
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
I love Ramen, because I'm a cheap-ass and I hate going to the grocery store every week and spending like $80 on food, just seems like a waste to me because I'm just going to shit it out anyways.

SlowLS
07-23-2008, 07:54 AM
I love cooking, i actually work with chefs daily.

My favorite meal at home would be a Basil Pesto Tortellini Salad to start

Pan Seared Chicken Marsala and a bed of angel hair pasta as my entree

and a chocolate chip pazookie to finish

Jstarda9
07-23-2008, 10:10 AM
i like making

Pasta with mushrooms,chicken,broccoli, garlic

salmon with lemon and spices

talapia with lemon garlic and basil

chicken smothered with cheese and mushrooms with bbq suace on top

NY strip steak "oscar style" with hollandaise* sauce ,asparagus, crab meat

fish tacos made with beer and yogurt sauce

bluecheese burgers

i also make mojitos all the time..ill post on here how to make the perfect mojito

skabone
07-23-2008, 10:25 AM
sirloin steaks with carmelized onions and freshly smashed garlic cloves, so easy and so yummy.

marniated chicken breast, in the marniate of your choice for about a day in a ziplock bag. cook it up in a cast iron pan and cook up some rice and veggies and you have a tasty meal.

JDM_SLO
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Damn i cant wait to pick up my new grill.. That steak with the crab meat sounds FUCKen gangster.. Ill see if my girl will post up how to make sushi when she gets home.. Shes awsome at it.

Jstarda9
07-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Damn i cant wait to pick up my new grill.. That steak with the crab meat sounds FUCKen gangster.. Ill see if my girl will post up how to make sushi when she gets home.. Shes awsome at it.

yeah man...make the sauce from scratch though....the one in a can is disgusting

also cook the steak slow in a low flame so its not charred*

JDM_SLO
07-23-2008, 08:34 PM

sweet.. will do.. Do you use gas or charcol gril?

Jstarda9
07-23-2008, 11:23 PM
^^gas...i do want to get me a charcoal grill thouhg....just so i can smoke meats

honduh_head
07-23-2008, 11:27 PM
i just cooked some sirloins today...its not hard but ooohhhh soooo good.

hondadreamin
07-23-2008, 11:31 PM
chiken fried rice is the shit

BigJsaid
07-23-2008, 11:38 PM
dam...i was thinkin bout makin a thread just like this last week when i was baked and made potato soup, pork friend rice, and meatball sliders!!
but check this out
lemme hook you up wit this hawaiian recipe for butter chicken:
boil half a big pot of water while you debone chicken breast quarters, proceed to chop up said quarters into 1-2 inch pieces, season-toss to preference(i jus do salt/pepper/adobo) add to boiling water(water level should be about 1-2 inches abouve chicken)..wait for chicken to cook in water-then the fun part:
add 2 sticks of butter and stirr till it all melts then add a lil bit of corn starch at a time to thicken it all up
while your cookin this you should make rice prefferably as the perfect compliment..
serve over rice and enjoy with a frosty light beer...

KingDingaLing
07-23-2008, 11:38 PM
big fat hott juicy dill pickles. found at your local food city, makes my mouth water all day thinking about it. mmmmmmmmmmm i luv huge pickles in my mouth

JDM_SLO
07-24-2008, 08:37 AM
^^^ i can see why you changed your name to kingdingaling
^^gas...i do want to get me a charcoal grill thouhg....just so i can smoke meats
I picked up a charcoal grill from cVs for 60 just big enough for me and my wife.. perfect size tho..
i just cooked some sirloins today...its not hard but ooohhhh soooo good.
any special seasonings you wish to share?
dam...i was thinkin bout makin a thread just like this last week when i was baked and made potato soup, pork friend rice, and meatball sliders!!
but check this out
lemme hook you up wit this hawaiian recipe for butter chicken:
boil half a big pot of water while you debone chicken breast quarters, proceed to chop up said quarters into 1-2 inch pieces, season-toss to preference(i jus do salt/pepper/adobo) add to boiling water(water level should be about 1-2 inches abouve chicken)..wait for chicken to cook in water-then the fun part:
add 2 sticks of butter and stirr till it all melts and makes a thick sauce
while your cookin this you should make rice prefferably as the perfect compliment..
serve over rice and enjoy with a frosty light beer...
WOW! talk about a heart attack.. may take the risk to see if its worth killing yourself once a month.. lol

JDM_SLO
07-24-2008, 07:51 PM
ttt its dinner time.

Jstarda9
07-24-2008, 08:59 PM
i will post my reciepe for a mojito in a bit...just gotta burn one before i make one hahaha

JDM_SLO
07-25-2008, 09:28 PM
lol ttt

BigJsaid
07-27-2008, 12:24 AM
ttt
i made butter chicken tonight but shredded tha chicken and mixed tha corn starch with cold water before adding it and it turned out magnirrific!

JDM_SLO
07-28-2008, 06:15 AM

How do you make the sauce from scratch?

Jstarda9
07-28-2008, 11:19 AM
How do you make the sauce from scratch?

i just followed the directions from an online reciepe

JDM_SLO
07-28-2008, 02:28 PM
oh word.. ill keep that in mind.. ps whats up with your avitar?/ lol

Jstarda9
07-28-2008, 02:34 PM
that is straight from apsquidfaces website

http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/

JDM_SLO
07-29-2008, 04:38 PM
omg lol thats great!

usdm420
07-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Tonight I'm making sesame beef.
You need steak strips (you can buy a pack already cut in thin slices/cubes for $5 or less). Iron Chef Garlic Sesame or General Tso's sauce (found in the Asian/Hispanic aisle at Fry's). Bag of frozen brocolli or "Asian Style" veggies. Rice.

Start cooking the rice first since it takes the longest. 2 cups of water per 1 cup rice. Get the water boiling, add rice, turn heat down and let cook covered for about 40 minutes.

In the mean time, toss the beef in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Cook on high heat. Towards the end of cooking the beef, add the veggies and continue to cook for about 5-10 more minutes. Add sauce.

Wait till rice is done, and top with the beef/veggies/sauce.

Voila'......easy, tasty as fuck meal for probably $10 or so and it makes enough for 2-3 people....or enough for yourself for dinner + lunch the next day.

boostfedevo
07-29-2008, 04:56 PM
banana and beer is the shit!

tfizzle
07-29-2008, 08:50 PM
damn it ^^^ thats my post i forget my bro uses this site too o well :type:

JDM_SLO
07-31-2008, 09:36 AM
banana and beer is the shit!

Not sure what you mean on this... So you dip your bannana in you beer??? kinda lost here lol.

g2integy
07-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Not sure what you mean on this... So you dip your bannana in you beer??? kinda lost here lol.

Na I couldn't go with banana and beer maybe Elvis's Favorite Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich with a beer , if you have a deep frier try a fried one :tongue:

UNDER PRESSURE
07-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Na I couldn't go with banana and beer maybe Elvis's Favorite Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich with a beer , if you have a deep frier try a fried one :tongue:

Fried Beer?... i need to add /sarcasm just incase somebody thinks I'm serious.

FUK JDM
07-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Fried Beer?... i need to add /sarcasm just incase somebody thinks I'm serious.

omgz doodz are you serious!?

JDM_SLO
08-08-2008, 03:12 AM
lol bump back from the dead

LiLinsane
08-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Raman the typeR way!!!

Raman noodle - throw away everything else, maybe use some of the wet sauces during boiling (but not much)(if you buy good raman u will know)
Sliced beef, nappa cabbage, oyster sauce/soy sauce and a little bit of sesamee oil *very little* (can sub butter - F** margrine)

Fry an egg, and toss it on top... DONE!

g2integy
08-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Man I have something so easy to make a Tomato ,two slices of bread, Mayo and salt and pepper.
Cut the tomato into slices , toast the bread and put mayo on both slices , put salt and pepper on the bread and then the tomato slices and enjoy ! So good I crave one right now

EvO_WiFe
08-10-2008, 10:36 PM
shirmp fajitas!
cooked shirmp
chorizo
chile chipotle
cut up potatos
sliced green and red bell peppers
sliced onions
tomato sauce

cook the potatos untill nice and soft add the chorizo..blend the chipotle with tomato sauce..add it to the potatos and chorizo...add bell peppers and onions..let them cook...add the cooked shirmp add garlic salt and bam! you got some shirmp fajitas...:grin::thumbsup:

OhDang
08-11-2008, 01:38 AM
Oh man stir fry noodles

Marinade-

6oz of oyster sauce
6oz of soy sauce
table spoon of black pepper
table spoon of honey
2oz of sesame oil

Put all of this into a container and mix well until the honey is dissolved.
(Doesn't need to follow exactly what I say depending on if you want it sweeter with more oyster sauce and/or honey or saltier with more soy sauce.)

Ingredients-
1 Packet of Egg Noodle(the yellow noodles)
1lb shrimp veined
1lb beef flank sliced thin
1 sliced Onion
Lots of garlic diced up
1/2lb Broccoli
1/2lb bok choy
(I don't really like veggies but if you gotta have greens than those are good)

Prep-
Noodles should come in a package of 4 servings so open the bag and separate one serving onto a plate and microwave it for 1 minute for every serving so they become a little crispy. After they're all microwaved boil some water and dunk them individually in for 15 seconds a serving and give them a cold wash in water and ice so the noodles aren't so soft and starchy. After cold washing them all make sure you dry them off in a strainer and set them aside for now.

Meat and Shrimp-
Get a medium sized pan and sautee some garlic in the sesame oil till they brown a little and pan fry the shrimps with some salt until all pink then set them aside. Sautee up some more garlic and pan fry meat next with some of the marinade and throw in some sliced onions and mix it in with the shrimp. Set this aside for now.

Noodles-
Now get a large wok or pan of some sort(work in smaller amounts of noodles if you don't have access) and heat it up and keep it at high heat the whole time and sautee even more garlic and toss some noodles. You should constantly be moving the noodles to avoid them from burning. Once they start drying up and losing their moisture add some marinade(remember you can add more but not take away)and mix evenly. After mixed taste some of the noodles and see if you need to add more sauce or not. Cook for awhile longer till some of the noodles start becoming crispy and brittle but not too much. Before the noodles lose all moisture and start sticking to the wok or pan add the meat and shrimp(and boiled veggies cut up if you wanted greens) and stir it all up to mix in with the noodles than remove into a container.

If you want a saltier taste just add some soy sauce and for spicy add sriracha :thumbsup:

OhDang
08-11-2008, 01:47 AM
Raman the typeR way!!!

Raman noodle - throw away everything else, maybe use some of the wet sauces during boiling (but not much)(if you buy good raman u will know)
Sliced beef, nappa cabbage, oyster sauce/soy sauce and a little bit of sesamee oil *very little* (can sub butter - F** margrine)

Fry an egg, and toss it on top... DONE!

I didn't even see this haha this is like buying a type R emblem and putting it on a random civic. Mine is the real deal.:d3:

rudsone
08-11-2008, 02:07 AM
well since im mexican, here you go.

cebiche de camaron

-stuff needed- (my way)
medium sized shrimp
bottle of clamato (original or spicy)
cucumbers (depends on how much you are making)
ketchup
bowl to mix everything

how to-
1.boil the shrimp until ready (should be red and feel a little hard)
2. prepare the cucumbers by cutting them into small cubes
3. pour the bottle of clamato into the bowl
4. put about half a tea cup of ketchup in it
5. put the cucumbers in the bowl
6. put the shrimp in the bowl
7. stir until its well mixed.

any type of salsa can be added (salsa wuychol ftw)

fast and great meal!

*note* onions and/or tomatoes can be added into the mix also (cut in small cubes too)

OhDang
08-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Necesito mas comida!

LiLinsane
08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Won ton

Soup base:
2lbs Neck bone pork
2lbs chicken bones
Lotus root sliced in 1/4 in
onions/scallions
bring it close to a boil., prolly for like 4 to 6 hours, dont let it do a "hard" rolling boil

Wonton:
4lbs pork
2lbs raw shrimp
green onion
oyster sauce
soy sauce
water chestnuts

chop with a cleaver.. (takes long long time) but way better then using a grinder.
mix it all together, toss an egg in to help with the texture.

roll your wonton.
bring large pot of water to boil, put in wontons (all have to be put in seperatly or else it will stick together)
when they start to float boil for another 3-5 minutes and strain.

Sprinkle bowl with chopped green onion, put in broth and lotus root, and drop your cooked wonton into it (after you strain it obviously)

hmm... i guess you could boil your favorate fresh noodles, and serve.

may require additional oyster/soy sauce to the soup base.

tacpsi
08-13-2008, 10:50 AM
twice baked potatos:

depending on how many people you have its kinda like potato skins, just better but each person gets a whole potato its like a side dish.

put your potatos in the oven at 400 degrees and bake them for about ten min.
pull them out and cut them in half.
take a spoon and carve the insides out and put it in a bowl, but dont ruin the skin you will be using it, leave about a quarter inch of potato left attatched to the skin.
add to the bowl ranch dressing, butter, bacon bits and shredded cheese(it is up to you how much you want to put in of everything depending on how you like each thing)
mix.
put back into the potato skins.
add a little shredded cheese on top and throw them in the microwave for 20 seconds.
and serve.

if it is to hard to understand just PM me i will get into more detail