PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump will not pump

hush22@cox.net
07-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Good ecu, good main relay, good igintion switch, power at pump full 12 volts, Pump will not run. The pump works with direct 12 volts but not through oem wiring at the tank, even with 12 volts at the connector. All grounds are good as well. What am i forgetting?

mugenhatchie
07-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Even though the connector plugs in does not always mean the contacts are in good condition. Check your contacts

indub
07-23-2008, 06:13 PM
check continuity outside the connector..

hush22@cox.net
07-23-2008, 07:02 PM
awesome thanks, yes there is good continuity that was one of the first things i checked for i depinned the connector and replaced the female spades with new. Thsi is a customers car and its a wiring nightmare! i got the car to run but i had to hard wire the pump back to the main relay at pins five and seven. Obviously theres a ground issue. Im just woundering maybe theres a bussed ground like the one at the harzarrd connection that im might be missing anyone?

mugenhatchie
07-24-2008, 10:57 AM
what kind of car?

crxhfb16
07-24-2008, 11:14 AM
eg coupe

INTEGRA DC2
07-24-2008, 11:31 AM
did you figure anything out? i had a buddy that had the same problem, never got it fixed, still sitting there

hush22@cox.net
07-24-2008, 02:05 PM
no! i hard lined it back to the main relay along with an inline fuse. Im stumped, i sure i could find it but not with out tons a labor.

projectaccord
07-27-2008, 10:18 PM
im having the same problem with my gf's crx. her fuel pump wont even prime, so i might hit you up to see how you found your way around, if you wouldnt mind helping me out of course :)

JDM_CTR_EK9
07-27-2008, 10:28 PM
if u are getting power to the connector going away from the pump, the power connection on the connector side of the pump might need to be replaced. may sound really dumb but sounds you are supplying good power to the pump but through the harness and connector its just not working out...so try and replace that wire and then recheck continuity...

RHD Ek
09-06-2008, 03:34 PM
some times you'll have a full 12 volts available at a wire but there is high resistance in the line somewhere causing a low amp flow, or no amp flow. if your unplugging your power wire and plugging in a different one and it works, that's definitely where your problem is. if your plugging in a different power and ground source then it could be a ground problem like high resistance in the ground circuit; meaning corrosion in the wires or at a connector.