View Full Version : s300

Crasy
07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
ok so i have an ek with a poor mans typer
built b16 head
ITBS
anyways i wanted to learn how to tune my own car
i guess they call that a street tube or something like that
so i have a s300 running a stock ITR set for now.
but the thing about it is that it dosent really make power right now
it pulls for a little, then im just not going any where
so i was hopeing if someone could help me out
i tried rising the fuel and igniton but im afraid that i might make it too rich
but at the same time i dnt have money to get tune at low cash
so if u guys can help me out or give me a set up that would work that would be nice
thanx

mugenhatchie
07-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Alpha-n. You have to use a crossover set of maps with TPS and a Map table blending. As far as tuning, it's not really something you want to "try out." Check out the pgmfi.org website for some good info as well as the hondata site. Honestly though if you don't know what you are doing yet you shouldn't even be running it, not worth blowing your motor which is more expensive than getting it tuned. Do you self a favor and get a wideband o2, once you see your afr's (with how you described how its running) it may scare you to even start it;)

AZ_CIVIC
07-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Call Tim at X-act dyno, he can help you out.

Crasy
07-24-2008, 11:56 AM
thanx u guys
i dnt even drive it anymore
but i will look into talking to someone that has more exprince with this

xactdyno
07-27-2008, 08:19 AM
thanks AZ.
everyone is right.
alpha-n tuning is tps based tuning, it disregards the map sensor entirely. that's the main reason your stock itr tuning is not running well. itbs will flow 90% of their potential with as little as 60% throttle. this makes them tricky to tune. they also need quite a bit of setup, it's not really a bolt-on and go thing.
if it's running well enough to put-put to the shop, let's have a look and then get it going like it should be.

tim

turboedsupe
07-27-2008, 12:16 PM
I dont see why your even driving you car like that. I bet your running lean as shit with that base map

Crasy
07-27-2008, 12:27 PM
Im trying to get the rest of my things done, so i can take it to get tunr, or at least run better then it is right now. In about a week or two it should be ready to take to the shop
thanx tim

xactdyno
07-28-2008, 10:24 AM
you're welcome. i'd email you a basemap, but the itb stuff i have is crazy cams and compression. you can try enabling the alpha-n option, but it may make things worse.
keep me posted.

Crasy
07-28-2008, 01:57 PM
its worth a try
i dnt think it could get that worse then it is already.

loco_bpr@yahoo.com

Crasy
10-11-2008, 03:35 PM
you're welcome. i'd email you a basemap, but the itb stuff i have is crazy cams and compression. you can try enabling the alpha-n option, but it may make things worse.
keep me posted.

send me that one. high comp and cams