Is carfax a ripoff or what?

25$ for ONE carfax
30$ for TEN carfax
35$ for "UNLIMITED" carfax records
unlimited as in only good for 30 days

Is there any way around this beast?

JDMitation
07-25-2008, 09:19 AM
you could ask somebody to use theirs but that is a violation of this site's TOS.

jonnymos
07-25-2008, 09:47 AM
IMO, If the seller is legit/has nothing to hide, they should have the carfax report for you OR you should ask them to get the report and they should get it for you!

Otherwise, If I were looking for a car and knew I'd be getting one for sure within 30 days. I would get the unlimited! Its totally worth it to have the option of being able to look up a cars history before buying! Just my $.02.

Rufus
07-25-2008, 10:00 AM
you could ask somebody to use theirs but that is a violation of this site's TOS.

So please don't make me come back and close this precious thread.

seeRx
07-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Whats $35 for peace of mind. Its always good to know what your getting before you get it.

Fully_Built_Srt-4
07-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Is carfax a ripoff or what?

25$ for ONE carfax
30$ for TEN carfax
35$ for "UNLIMITED" carfax records
unlimited as in only good for 30 days

Is there any way around this beast?

like if your supposed to buy 30 cars a month:dumbass::dumbass:. i think the seller should provide that if hes got nothing to hide

JDMitation
07-25-2008, 10:05 AM
like if your supposed to buy 30 cars a month:dumbass::dumbass:. i think the seller should provide that if hes got nothing to hide

most decent sellers do. i actually bought a type S from a small dealer/reseller and the car appeared to be in perfect condition. a few months later i bought a type R bumper from a fellow AZHT'er and he took my stock bumper to a body shop to see about getting a mugen rear lip molded to it. the shop owner told him that my stock rear bumper had been resprayed and may have been in an accident, but carfax didn't say shit.

cliffs: you can't always trust carfax. :type:

sssmokin05si
07-25-2008, 10:59 AM
What's $35 when it comes to finding the history of a car? It's all dependent on your priorities dude.