PDA

View Full Version : Officially a proud american

LONESTAR
07-30-2008, 01:29 AM
To all my peeps here on azht i feel the need to share this with you. Yesterday I officially became a united states citizen. By far a very special day for me now i can actually tell everyone " I am an American." I have lived here since i was 8 yrs old and pretty much have lived here my whole life.....and everyday i am thankful that i am here and not in mexico. Dont get me wrong i love mexico i was born there but I have had so many opportunities here that i would of never had there. I've always been proud of this country and I always called it my home and now no one can tell me otherwise. I am full of joy and very proud of myself i just had to share with you guys.....thnks for taking the time to read this. USA THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!

Ryan
07-30-2008, 01:35 AM
And you are the greatest Mexican in the world Pablo. LOL Major Congrats, I told you it would all work out bro. No more stress right? Call me and I will buy you your first American Breakfast, at Taco Bell LOL hahahaha J/K

I actually had no idea you were not American until you told me bud. No accent or anything so I just assumed you were a Honky Donkey. Yeeee Haaaa. Major Congrats dude.

F40
07-30-2008, 01:37 AM
Why is it the greatest country in the world? Congrats!

boostfedevo
07-30-2008, 01:38 AM
i thought this thread was about joining the army or something.... my aunt passed the citizen ship test yesterday too.... fuck i was hoping she would get deported...

Ryan
07-30-2008, 01:39 AM
i thought this thread was about joining the army or something.... my aunt passed the citizen ship test yesterday too.... fuck i was hoping she would get deported...
LOL, You must love your Aunt a lot bro hahaha

Because we did so much for the world before the few rich fuckers in the US somehow got into office over the last years.

LONESTAR
07-30-2008, 01:45 AM

way more freedoms than anywhere else man. you are only poor on this country because you want to be in mexico i had no choice. Here atleast we can own cars to begin with and mod them in mexico i would of never had that chance. I just love this land so dam much! whats not to love man, you got every coulture/religion from all over the world here. there's a reason why everyone wants to be here. Mine is that mexico sucked for me and all i have is bad memories....and here i have always prospered with alot of hard work but atleast i keep moving forward....thats why to me this is the greatest country in the world.

F40
07-30-2008, 01:53 AM
way more freedoms than anywhere else man. you are only poor on this country because you want to be in mexico i had no choice. Here atleast we can own cars to begin with and mod them in mexico i would of never had that chance. I just love this land so dam much! whats not to love man, you got every coulture/religion from all over the world here. there's a reason why everyone wants to be here. Mine is that mexico sucked for me and all i have is bad memories....and here i have always prospered with alot of hard work but atleast i keep moving forward....thats why to me this is the greatest country in the world.

Every culture/religion in this country gets hated on, and the population of this country pretty much hates every other country in the world. I don't get it.

Ryan
07-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Every culture/religion in this country gets hated on, and the population of this country pretty much hates every other country in the world. I don't get it.

I take it you live in a bad area or grew up around the wrong people or something. Because I have been nearly every where in the USA and I think most people do not hate other cultures or people from other places. In fact, until I can to AZ I never saw racist assholes or so many whites like that here. I am just a regular American but in Seattle most everyone there is from a different culture or country and everyone I grew up with becoming best friends all had parents from different countries. No one I ever met had a problem with that until I came to AZ. So I assume you are from here or south Cali. You can not generalize unless you have spent a reasonable amount of time in any other places in the USA

boostfedevo
07-30-2008, 02:02 AM
I take it you live in a bad area or grew up around the wrong people or something. Because I have been nearly every where in the USA and I think most people do not hate other cultures or people from other places. In fact, until I can to AZ I never saw racist assholes or so many whites like that here. I am just a regular American but in Seattle most everyone there is from a different culture or country and everyone I grew up with becoming best friends all had parents from different countries. No one I ever met had a problem with that until I came to AZ. So I assume you are from here or south Cali. You can not generalize unless you have spent a reasonable amount of time in any other places in the USA

im from seattle too. yeah a lot of different races there... lots of chinese peeps and indians.

hardmugen
07-30-2008, 02:03 AM
congrats.. i became a citizen 5 years ago... no deporting for us now... lol

LONESTAR
07-30-2008, 02:17 AM
congrats.. i became a citizen 5 years ago... no deporting for us now... lol

true that! lol!

Heist
07-30-2008, 02:49 AM

Anddd most fucked up thing said about a family member goes to! :

crx3
07-30-2008, 03:10 AM
true that! lol!

Well almost always true. I just read about naturalized citizens being deported if they commited crimes before their citizenship, even if they weren't charged yet, if they misrepresented information on their application, or if they can be linked to terrorism or torture.

http://www.dawn.com/2005/01/06/top11.htm

http://www.hemisferio.org/al-eeuu/boletines/01/31/bil_03.pdf

Congratulations and all my best wishes for everyone who became a US Citizen. My sister-in-law just became a citizen last week. She is from Mexico, and lived there most of her life. Now get this, she is a high school ENGLISH Teacher here in Arizona.

V10KLR
07-30-2008, 03:42 AM
congrats man .. an what country u were born ?

SweetNuts
07-30-2008, 06:20 AM
awesome dude congrats!!!!!

YuckerDisMe
07-30-2008, 06:27 AM
congrats man

slowEF
07-30-2008, 07:47 AM

No one I know hates another country??? weird...

Congrats man. I had a friend who went through the same process. :thumbsup:

apSquidFace
07-30-2008, 07:48 AM
d00d you speak English?

ILIKETODRIVE
07-30-2008, 07:49 AM
d00d you speak English?

That's what I'm saying!

F40
07-30-2008, 07:51 AM

Way off base on that one. I am from a different country, and I have been all over the us, and outside the us. No one likes the us because of their world police tactics.

ILIKETODRIVE
07-30-2008, 07:53 AM
So I assume you are from here or south Cali. You can not generalize unless you have spent a reasonable amount of time in any other places in the USA

You're WAAAAAY off on that one.

apSquidFace
07-30-2008, 07:54 AM
That's what I'm saying!

Like...did we "jinx" on that? Or were you just thinking that? Because im blown the fuck away here.

apSquidFace
07-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Way off base on that one. I am from a different country, and I have been all over the us, and outside the us. No one likes the us because of their world police tactics.

im going to police tactic your bunghole.

RhdRicheeee
07-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Orale vato

Slow_HX
07-30-2008, 08:30 AM
congrats

JDMitation
07-30-2008, 09:01 AM
sweet dude!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t183/cdubroboto/jokes/text/america-fuck-yeah.jpg

ILIKETODRIVE
07-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Like...did we "jinx" on that? Or were you just thinking that? Because im blown the fuck away here.

1...2...3...jinx!

sssmokin05si
07-30-2008, 09:12 AM

And other countries in the world don't hate us? Aren't you from Canada? I have tons of friends from there that say we are very well hated by them. I mean there is reasoning I would say, from the outside looking in we do some shitty things, but regardless they hate us too so it's mutual. (not me personally though, i like canada)

BIG congratulations man, I know that is quite the journey and process, especially with how hard things have gotten recently. Just think, no more worries man, you can stay here all you want and actually have a say in what goes on politically.

Jstarda9
07-30-2008, 09:40 AM
congrats man! i always thought all you guys were illegal hahaha...so what ever happened to the paisas at gilbert? man i was so close to fighting a ton of those dudes but always got broken up by security

Digi Snax
07-30-2008, 09:44 AM
congrats!!! now u dont have to worry about sheriff joe picking ur ass up when ur outside home depot....lol jk

UMS Tuning Sales
07-30-2008, 10:46 AM
congrats!

KrenzyRyan
07-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Good job buddy, hope to see you on the canyons again. Hows the impala?

Kinetic
07-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I was @ Celebrity theatre yesterday too......my neighbor became a citizen after living here for 22 years....
He is from Germany...kinda cool to be a part of something like this.

Congrats again sir

EurospecUSDMtyte
07-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Congrats man, it is the greatest country in the world!!!

On a side note F40 if you dislike this country so much GTFO and go back to Canada!

4dr_ed3
07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
congrats man now your hispanic not mexican lol jk

Agent Smith
07-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Congrats man, it is the greatest country in the world!!!

On a side note F40 if you dislike this country so much GTFO and go back to Canada!

wow.... :smirk:

EurospecUSDMtyte
07-30-2008, 11:28 AM
wow.... :smirk:
:tongue:

squirms
07-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Congrats man, exciting to see someone so proud.

Ryan
07-30-2008, 01:56 PM
How do I become a Citizen?

Jstarda9
07-30-2008, 02:13 PM
How do I become a Citizen?

are you messican? or a porcher?

crx3
07-30-2008, 02:22 PM
sweet dude!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t183/cdubroboto/jokes/text/america-fuck-yeah.jpg

Now you can really appreciate the best of both cultures!

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa313/mrbock/Mexicanpinup.jpg

*inFamous*
07-30-2008, 02:42 PM
lol America is one of the most CONTROLLED countries in the world. Freedom is a huge illusion here.

Here people FEAR their government.

The government shoudl fear the PEOPLE.

Congrats to you though paco :)

SlowCivicHmm
07-30-2008, 05:14 PM
orale wey...ya no eres naco.......hook me up!! lol

Congrats wey!!

Kinetic
07-30-2008, 05:22 PM
lol America is one of the most CONTROLLED countries in the world. Freedom is a huge illusion here.

Ravi-

people fear and mistrust the government a lot less here than most places in the world.....

Our biggest problem is the apathy and the people not willing to make the changes necessary to fix things.

I wiould still rather live in the US rather than any other country. For those who dislike it here...vote to make a change....becaome active or STFU and GTFO......seriously by staying here you are CHOOSING to stay here. If its better elsewhere then go...its quite simple

bitching and moaning won't solve anything......

<<<< off my soapbox....

BTW it was moving to hear people speak about how much i meant to them and their families to move the USA.

EurospecUSDMtyte
07-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Ravi-

people fear and mistrust the government a lot less here than most places in the world.....

Our biggest problem is the apathy and the people not willing to make the changes necessary to fix things.

I wiould still rather live in the US rather than any other country. For those who dislike it here...vote to make a change....becaome active or STFU and GTFO......seriously by staying here you are CHOOSING to stay here. If its better elsewhere then go...its quite simple

bitching and moaning won't solve anything......

<<<< off my soapbox....

BTW it was moving to hear people speak about how much i meant to them and their families to move the USA.
AMEN brother :)

emgee420
07-30-2008, 06:49 PM
congrats man

crx3
07-31-2008, 08:39 AM

Can you explain why you FEAR your government? I'm sorry, but we really do have it much better than people in most of the world. That's why every year more people immigrate here LEGALLY than to every other nation combined. It is certainly not a perfect government or country, but better than most.

BoostCreep
07-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Good deal bud !

I've lived in a few other countries, been deployed to few others and lived in 7 different states (yes I'm old). I do believe that the USA is a great country to live in.

crx3
07-31-2008, 09:46 AM
In 1990 I traveled to Egypt for business. Immediately after arriving in Cairo, I noticed huge banners of the President, Mohammed Hosni Mubarak hanging up all over the city. Mubarak has now been President for 27 years, and ascended to the presidency after the assassination of Anwar Al Sadat in 1981. Everywhere we went there were police and soldiers in mass with sub-machineguns and AK-47s. Soldiers in the streets are not there to protect from an outside enemy, they are there to control the population. Many countries with no known enemies are amassing huge arms stockpiles. China and Venezuela have recently committed to arms acquisitions which are out of proportion to their defensive needs. These countries are building their arms stocks to suppress possible revolution by the population. This type of government is very common in most of the world. Unfortunately it seems as though this works best in many place because there are so many radicals waiting in the wings for their chance to rule. Look what happened in the vacuum left after the fall of Saddam Hussein in Iraq. The same thing will probably happen in Pakistan if Pervez Musharraf looses power. It seems as though the American Experiment doesn't transfer very well to some places. I use Middle Eastern countries in my example, but this situation is not confined to the Middle East. Look at the politics of Africa, and Asia, or just about anywhere but North America and Europe and you will find problems that far exceed anything we have to complain about here.

Hey at least you don't have to look at this mug everywhere you go:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa313/mrbock/Mubarak.jpg

Jay_Rob61590
08-09-2008, 01:45 PM
d00d you speak English?

Been here since he was 8 lol

SINGLESLAMMERSI
08-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Congrats on that!!!!

Nott_Sure
08-09-2008, 02:03 PM
welcome to america? lol j/k

Congrats :clap:

SlowCivicHmm
08-09-2008, 02:06 PM
you better not steal my job fukkker!! lol

orale...no more mica wey..lol

Charlee
08-09-2008, 02:48 PM
damn pablo. my dad became a citizen not that long ago. like 5 months ago i believe. after being a resident for 30 years he got his citizenship. congrats pendejo. where was your ceremony?

Jstarda9
08-09-2008, 05:10 PM
damn pablo. my dad became a resident not that long ago. like 5 months ago i believe. after being a resident for 30 years he got his citizenship. congrats pendejo. where was your ceremony?

panchos buffet

Charlee
08-09-2008, 05:37 PM
panchos buffet

:blunt:

IntegraGSR
08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Congrats! :clapper:

91DA9
08-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Dude, huge fucking congratulations!

advert
08-10-2008, 11:01 AM

I dont fear my goverment.

what freedoms are a illusion here that are really freedoms in other places of the world.

juan3023
08-10-2008, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=Ryan;1022359]And you are the greatest Mexican in the world Pablo. LOL Major Congrats, I told you it would all work out bro. No more stress right? Call me and I will buy you your first American Breakfast, at Taco Bell LOL hahahaha J/K

American Breakfast ? Will be pancakes,eggs,sausage,ect :hithead:

AZDM
08-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Well almost always true. I just read about naturalized citizens being deported if they commited crimes before their citizenship, even if they weren't charged yet, if they misrepresented information on their application, or if they can be linked to terrorism or torture.

http://www.dawn.com/2005/01/06/top11.htm

http://www.hemisferio.org/al-eeuu/boletines/01/31/bil_03.pdf

Congratulations and all my best wishes for everyone who became a US Citizen. My sister-in-law just became a citizen last week. She is from Mexico, and lived there most of her life. Now get this, she is a high school ENGLISH Teacher here in Arizona.

Dam bro! That takes the cake right there. I was born and raised here and I don't even think my english is good enough to teach another human being how to speak it. LOL. Well, CONGRATS to all of law abiding citizens on getting your citizenship...