PDA

View Full Version : college online?

teemfedx
07-30-2008, 04:15 PM
i dont mean to hate on anyone, but do jobs take a degree from University of Phoenix seriously?

any expirence either hiring applicants with a degree from an online shcool, or maybe applying for a job with one.

i understand some areas of learning can only be done online effectively, but am i offbase by thinking a degree from a "brick and mortar" university is worth more?

EurospecUSDMtyte
07-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I think you are off, you learn the same content online or attending class in a building. In the end its all worthless garbage that will not apply to the real world anyway. The stuff I am learning for my Compter Science degree is not usefull at all. Why the hell do I need to learn chemistry anyway???

Jstarda9
07-30-2008, 04:48 PM
all college is, is credentials*

FUK JDM
07-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Its who you know that matters not what you know.

mj213
07-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I believe the statement that it is all bullshit is correct. It's about how dedicated (or foolish, or if you will follow "the rules").

As far as I know, nobody cares if it's from online or attending classes at a University. It's about you making the effort to learn with what you've got to work with.

NickAtNite
07-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Getting a degree is really more about proving that you have the discipline to work hard at reaching a goal. It doesnt matter to much where you get if from, all schools meet the same minimum requirements.

_$krilla_
07-30-2008, 08:10 PM
I work at U of P as a counselor, anybody looking to do school online PM me and can help you out, when you finish your degree online from u of p, your diploma wont be any different than what a traditional school's diploma would look like, you are who you know, and the impression people will get when interviewing you. I like being home and not have to drive in this hot as wheather to a campus, i have access to classroom 24/7. :thumbsup:

teemfedx
07-30-2008, 08:30 PM
wow...i must be way off then...not the type of feedback i was expecting

FUK JDM
07-30-2008, 09:10 PM
wow...i must be way off then...not the type of feedback i was expecting

What kind of feedback where you expecting?

imm0rtal
07-30-2008, 09:29 PM
I took an online class once and I didn't learn shit. I wasn't motivated like I was if I had driven to the campus to learn. Granted, this is at UA and not UofP but still. Online courses are only there if you don't give a shit about the material and want to get the degree faster.

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 06:40 AM
you get the same degree, it doesnt say anything about it being online.

KrenzyRyan
07-31-2008, 07:04 AM
I work at Honeywell, and about a year ago, I worked with a dude that was 6 months away from getting his Bachelors in Business from the University of Phoenix, he is now a manager making $70k +. Over here, the Bachelors gets you the interview...and pretty much guarantees you the job if you have had floor experience like he did.

x2 A degree is a degree.

crx3
07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
I have worked with a few people who got their degrees on-line. A few attended schools with questionable accreditation like AIU on-line. AIU was on probation for 2 years for a variety of problems. In the end, after graduation, they were all promoted to slightly better paying positions before leaving the company for better positions elsewhere. I think the on-line degree is better than no degree, but some companies won't pay quite as much as for a graduate of a traditional brick and mortar university. It's the same as the difference between community college and state university, or state university vs. private university.

I will probably start looking into the on-line classes myself, because after working in electronics for more than 20 years, it's harder to get a good job now days. I interviewed with someone recently who expressed concern that I didn't have a college degree. I told him that my military technical training, OJT, and 20 years experience more than equaled an associate’s degree. He stated that it did not, and that by now I should have a bachelor’s degree. I told him that would be nice, but if I had a bachelor’s degree, and 20 years experience, I certainly wouldn't be interviewing for Technician jobs. It goes without saying that I didn't get that job, but got another one where the hiring manager told me I was more than qualified for the job, and I even got a few bucks more.

From what I've been reading, it’s even tough for recent college graduates to get good jobs unless they have specialized training, or were at the top of their class. Unfortunately, for the last 15 years I have seen an explosion of graduates from other countries who were supposed to go home after graduation to help their home nation choosing instead to work here on a special Visa such as H-1B. The companies are able to exploit the educated foreign workers just as they exploit the uneducated foreign workers. I have worked closely with young engineers from India, China, and Viet Nam who were hired for the same rate as me, or half what one would expect for a graduate engineer. They do this because the company will sponsor them with the INS, and after an extended stay working for reduced salary, they are able to apply for permanent residency here. It's a win-win situation for the companies, as they are able to employ someone for a reduced rate, who won't leave because they need the company to sponsor their visa with the INS. In addition, the company is usually able to count the minority employees in their EEOC/Affirmative Action surveys. This really helps companies that have government contracts to stay in compliance with Federal requirements. I'm sorry, but I don't think that Martin Luther King marched on Washington D.C. because he was concerned about people from China and India getting preference for jobs in the USA. I think that it's a little silly to give Affirmative Action preference to someone who just got off the plane from somewhere where they are already at the top of society in regards to social and education demographics. Affirmative Action was intended to give advantage to people from here that traditionally were discriminated against here.

These factors combined with the new "Global Economy" of outsourcing, makes for an economy that for the first time in US history results in this generation earning less than all previous generations ever. Men in their 30's now earn 12% less than their fathers did when they were in their 30's. That is an average that considers all levels of employment and compensation, skilled and unskilled, degreed and non-degreed. The American dream is being given away so that a select few at the top can add another zero to their net worth of millions and billions.

gugu06
07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
yea i agree its all bullshit.they make you take classes that don't even matter in the real world. but i guess its just training and how to apply it at your job. also it looks good on a resume

BoostCreep
07-31-2008, 08:47 AM
What's it called... regional accredidation. Certain Universities meet certain criteria so it doesnt matter if you do it from the couch or from a desk. Western Universtiy offers a real online solution and would believe that U of P does as well.

Having a degree only gives you more options. I have no degrees, only certifications, but I have 18 years of experience in Computers/hardware/network infrastructure/networking. I make 52 a year, my boss with a few more years experience but with a BS in Science makes 90.

crx3
07-31-2008, 09:08 AM
What's it called... regional accredidation. Certain Universities meet certain criteria so it doesnt matter if you do it from the couch or from a desk. Western Universtiy offers a real online solution and would believe that U of P does as well.

Having a degree only gives you more options. I have no degrees, only certifications, but I have 18 years of experience in Computers/hardware/network infrastructure/networking. I make 52 a year, my boss with a few more years experience but with a BS in Science makes 90.

So your boss earns 73% more money, but I bet he isn't 73% more knowledgeable or does 73% more work.

It's sad that the skilled but non-degreed worker is now under-appreciated in this country. These people used to be the backbone of industry, earned a decent salary, and were homeowners who didn't need 2 paychecks to make it. The middle class in America was composed of skilled industrial and technical workers who were a major source of tax revenue for the Federal Government.

In any successful economy there is a requirement for wage earners of all skill levels and compensation. If this trend of everyone needing a degree just to earn a decent living continues, the America of the future will not be much like the America of the past. Having a strong middle class is stable and preferable to a 2 class system of haves and have-nots.

imm0rtal
07-31-2008, 09:10 AM
x2 A degree is a degree.I couldn't disagree more, but to each his own. If you plan on doing anything that requires more than sitting at a desk and crunching numbers that extra experience from the classroom is invaluable to you. I mean it's not my education I am short-changing, so I don't mind :)

JDMitation
07-31-2008, 09:12 AM

bingo. :clapper:

in this day and age a bachelor's degree is like a GED. you really need one to make a name for yourself out there.

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 09:14 AM
I couldn't disagree more, but to each his own. If you plan on doing anything that requires more than sitting at a desk and crunching numbers that extra experience from the classroom is invaluable to you. I mean it's not my education I am short-changing, so I don't mind :)

I have my bachelors from ASU through Rio Salado online and am going to be starting my masters program this fall online as well. I make 42k a year at the very first company i have ever worked for outside of being a busboy at red robin for 6 months in highschool. The Degree is a gateway the person and their personality/work habits shape the career path.

KrenzyRyan
07-31-2008, 09:49 AM
I couldn't disagree more, but to each his own. If you plan on doing anything that requires more than sitting at a desk and crunching numbers that extra experience from the classroom is invaluable to you. I mean it's not my education I am short-changing, so I don't mind :)

lol, I meant it in this way:...A business degree from ASU will get you to the same place as a business degree from University of Phoenix.

91DA9
07-31-2008, 10:17 AM
I think online degrees are great, because they're generally cheaper, and they open a gateway to people like me that would really have a hard time getting their degree from a brick and mortar school...I have a 40hr/week day, and I run my own company on the side, AND have 2 kids to take care of on top of all that. From what I've seen, businesses generally don't care how you learned to do the job, as long as you know how to do it, and they usually care more about experience on the job, than where you learned to do it at. I've personally seen incidents where there were two candidates for a position, both with degrees. One was straight out of college with no actual experience in the job he was applying for, and one had two years experience on the job with great references, and an online degree. Turned out he left his old job because they couldn't afford to pay him what he wanted to make. Experience and skills can, and usually do, outweigh education. Plus, some online degree programs are more than beneficial. My father just finished his online degree program through Harvard for Business Arbitration. He has three degrees he's gotten online through Harvard in business, and no one would know that he recieved them online. They say nothing about 'online courses', they're just stamped with the school name.

sssmokin05si
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
I have my bachelors from ASU through Rio Salado online and am going to be starting my masters program this fall online as well. I make 42k a year at the very first company i have ever worked for outside of being a busboy at red robin for 6 months in highschool. The Degree is a gateway the person and their personality/work habits shape the career path.

Could not have said it better, and as stated before it says nothing about "Degree acquired online". Regardless, you have a Bachelor's from ASU. And in your case, the masters will be what is considered anyway. I got my associates at GCC with no online classes. I start my Bachelor's at ASU west in the fall, and will be trying my first online class, the rest in class.

Therefore, I can't rate online classes until I have been in one.

AZ_CIVIC
07-31-2008, 10:43 AM

How did you do this, I have my bachelors degree from the school of business at ASU, I have never heard of anyone taking all online classes through another online school and getting a bachelors degree from ASU, number 2 I am a project manager for an Image design company and going to college is very benificial if you want it to be. If you read the books, study hard and have a career in the same field you study, college is excellent. Online VS traditional universities, online schools are a joke, my brother graduated from Devry with his bachelors degree in electonic engineering and he acutally had to go to class, which is still better than the online stuff. The thing is he had to pay like $9000 a semester vs ASU which is $2600. Online schools are usually not credited because while you are at home anyone can be doing the work. I had this older lady in my class who had went to University of Phoenix for 4 years but did not graduate, when she applied for MCC they did not except any of her credits and she started all over again. Finally after community college she transferred to ASU and eventually graduated with us this past year.

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 11:18 AM
How did you do this, I have my bachelors degree from the school of business at ASU, I have never heard of anyone taking all online classes through another online school and getting a bachelors degree from ASU, number 2 I am a project manager for an Image design company and going to college is very benificial if you want it to be. If you read the books, study hard and have a career in the same field you study, college is excellent. Online VS traditional universities, online schools are a joke, my brother graduated from Devry with his bachelors degree in electonic engineering and he acutally had to go to class, which is still better than the online stuff. The thing is he had to pay like $9000 a semester vs ASU which is $2600. Online schools are usually not credited because while you are at home anyone can be doing the work. I had this older lady in my class who had went to University of Phoenix for 4 years but did not graduate, when she applied for MCC they did not except any of her credits and she started all over again. Finally after community college she transferred to ASU and eventually graduated with us this past year.

http://www.rio.maricopa.edu/partnerships/program/asu-alliance.shtml

Saying that because classes are online they dont count for anything i guess shows how well your "in class" degree educated you.

Not JDMHN8
07-31-2008, 11:29 AM
If you want to get into something straight forward that requires minimal interpretation or alternative perspective, then a degree obtained completely online is great. Accounting, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science. All these work well online.

However, you can't expect to get a thorough education solely online with majors like Biology, Chemistry, Psychology/Sociology, Languages, Fine Arts, Engineering and the like. You get so much more from being in the classroom with a solid instructor (few and far between, unfortunately) in this fields than just teaching yourself.

I love Rio Salado classes. I've taken 18 credits to supplement my classes at SCC. All the bullshit like Statistics, Interpersonal Communications (speech class online?) and some uninspiring electives were ultra easy to do through Rio. I got A's in all but 2 classes. I also tend to take away some great stuff from the classes, as I can choose what to focus on in otherwise boring material.

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 11:31 AM
If you want to get into something straight forward that requires minimal interpretation or alternative perspective, then a degree obtained completely online is great. Accounting, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science. All these work well online.

However, you can't expect to get a thorough education solely online with majors like Biology, Chemistry, Psychology/Sociology, Languages, Fine Arts, Engineering and the like. You get so much more from being in the classroom with a solid instructor (few and far between, unfortunately) in this fields than just teaching yourself.

I love Rio Salado classes. I've taken 18 credits to supplement my classes at SCC. All the bullshit like Statistics, Interpersonal Communications (speech class online?) and some uninspiring electives were ultra easy to do through Rio. I got A's in all but 2 classes. I also tend to take away some great stuff from the classes, as I can choose what to focus on in otherwise boring material.

agreed.

As far as i know rio doesnt offer chemistry or biology though lol.

sssmokin05si
07-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Online schools are usually not credited because while you are at home anyone can be doing the work.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. ASU offers online classes, and so does Maricopa Community Colleges through Rio Salado. Are they not reputable?

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 11:49 AM
That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. ASU offers online classes, and so does Maricopa Community Colleges through Rio Salado. Are they not reputable?

I guess because he decided to pay for one of the most expensive business school's in the nation he has to justify people getting the same degree he has at about 1/3rd the cost by putting us down.

teemfedx
07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
^^
they offer classes online as part of a larger academic protfolio

teemfedx
07-31-2008, 11:50 AM
i also think its funny that "google adsense" posts a link to U o P's website on this thread.

AZ_CIVIC
07-31-2008, 11:54 AM
http://www.rio.maricopa.edu/partnerships/program/asu-alliance.shtml

Saying that because classes are online they dont count for anything i guess shows how well your "in class" degree educated you.

A yeah, it say's transfer 75 credits from Rio Salado to ASU, you need 120 credits to graduate with a Bachelor degree, which means it's an associates degree that you can transfer to ASU. You still then have to go to ASU for your core and focus classes. The first 60 credits are general education classes anyway . Try going to University of Phoenix and transfering those credits, good luck. Let me rephrase, I have a great education and it is because I went to ASU and worked hard, had a full time job, and a child. Yes most online classes cannot be transferred to real universities, especially for core and focus classes. Schools like Devry and University of Phoenix fast track you education so all you end up with is a degree that most companies do not really care for and a huge 50 to 80 thousand dollar debt. Also people on here say that employers do not care were you get your degree from they do, not only do they ask were you graduate from they verify, especially when you apply for high caliber jobs.

teemfedx
07-31-2008, 12:02 PM
^^^
thats what i was thinkg, but its good to get a general sense of peoples feelings on this issue.

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 12:03 PM
A yeah, it say's transfer 75 credits from Rio Salado to ASU, you need 120 credits to graduate with a Bachelor degree, which means it's an associates degree that you can transfer to ASU. You still then have to go to ASU for your core and focus classes. The first 60 credits are general education classes anyway . Try going to University of Phoenix and transfering those credits, good luck. Let me rephrase, I have a great education and it is because I went to ASU and worked hard, had a full time job, and a child. Yes most online classes cannot be transferred to real universities, especially for core and focus classes. Schools like Devry and University of Phoenix fast track you education so all you end up with is a degree that most companies do not really care for and a huge 50 to 80 thousand dollar debt. Also people on here say that employers do not care were you get your degree from they do, not only do they ask were you graduate from they verify, especially when you apply for high caliber jobs.

apparently you missed the

**Rio Salado College and Arizona State University can help you turn your college credits into a Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies degree - and you can do it 100% online**

Aside from my midterms and finals i never went to a single class. The degree i have is no different from any degree that is handed out at ASU. Nowhere on it does it say i did my classes online, nor would it matter. Quit acting like you know how things work from a few experiences, im here telling you that you are 100% wrong and that im living proof of that.

Not JDMHN8
07-31-2008, 12:04 PM
It's nearly impossible to get a Bachelors degree from a state university. Most online classes only go up to the 300 level. So, yes, you do have to take at least 20-30 credits in person at a 4 year school in order to get a degree.

I won't comment as to the credibility of University of Phoenix, but I'm certainly skeptical of any operation that is more franchise than institution.

OhDang
07-31-2008, 12:04 PM

I thought online classes are usually all online than you take the finals on campus to prove you learned the material.

AZ_CIVIC
07-31-2008, 12:05 PM

You are a straight up dumb shit, ASU offers some online classes for general education classes not core or focus classes, also the college you transfer your credits from has to be accepted from ASU, which means if ASU accepts online classes through Rio Salado thats fine. I took some classes at ASU online and also at PVCC. I am talking about getting you whole degree online, you can't do that at ASU or at most regular community colleges.

AZ_CIVIC
07-31-2008, 12:17 PM
apparently you missed the

**Rio Salado College and Arizona State University can help you turn your college credits into a Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies degree - and you can do it 100% online**

Aside from my midterms and finals i never went to a single class. The degree i have is no different from any degree that is handed out at ASU. Nowhere on it does it say i did my classes online, nor would it matter. Quit acting like you know how things work from a few experiences, im here telling you that you are 100% wrong and that im living proof of that.

Call the Rio Salado Academic Advisement Team 480-517-8979 and tell any advisor you want to complete your Associates degree through Rio Salado College in the BIS degree program.
The advisor will explain how you can qualify to complete your degree and then seamlessly transfer up to 75 credits to ASU at a low tuition of $65 per credit.
Upon receiving your Rio Salado degree, you will automatically be guaranteed admission to ASU!

Well I am still trying to figure out what this BS is because it says here in your link above that it will help you get your Associates degree in the BIS degree program and transfer to ASU. The Academic number that is listed says that it is a non working number when you try to call. This just seems bogus to me.

91DA9
07-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Call the Rio Salado Academic Advisement Team 480-517-8979 and tell any advisor you want to complete your Associates degree through Rio Salado College in the BIS degree program.
The advisor will explain how you can qualify to complete your degree and then seamlessly transfer up to 75 credits to ASU at a low tuition of $65 per credit.
Upon receiving your Rio Salado degree, you will automatically be guaranteed admission to ASU!

Well I am still trying to figure out what this BS is because it says here in your link above that it will help you get your Associates degree in the BIS degree program and transfer to ASU. The Academic number that is listed says that it is a non working number when you try to call. This just seems bogus to me.

Dude, we're all trying to tell you it's not bogus...I personally work with 4 people that have their Bachelors Degrees and MBA's through online classes at fully accredited universities. My dad got his bachelors degree in business management through ASU online...

AZ_CIVIC
07-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Dude, we're all trying to tell you it's not bogus...I personally work with 4 people that have their Bachelors Degrees and MBA's through online classes at fully accredited universities. My dad got his bachelors degree in business management through ASU online...

Wow that is really weird, I just graduated from ASU this May with a BS in Global Business Management and I have never heard of anyone graduating with that degree with all online classes. Oh, I also called ASU West and talked to an advisor just know and they said the do not offer online degrees for the business programs.

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 12:59 PM

Whatever dude haha, i honestly dont care at all what it is you think you know. I guess the degree at my moms house with my name on it from ASU is fake and or i imagined it all.

FUK JDM
07-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Whatever dude haha, i honestly dont care at all what it is you think you know. I guess the degree at my moms house with my name on it from ASU is fake and or i imagined it all.

All the class you took online was just a fantasy world that you where in. That degree? Ya thats just a print out from ebay. Listen to this guy (AZ_Civic), He went to ASU, They know all. :roll:

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Wow that is really weird, I just graduated from ASU this May with a BS in Global Business Management and I have never heard of anyone graduating with that degree with all online classes. Oh, I also called ASU West and talked to an advisor just know and they said the do not offer online degrees for the business programs.

Why are you so upset? If you dont believe us, take your special degree and be on your way. You have no stake in this thread you obviously have proven to us that you are of higher stature.

"Know" does not equal "now"! that degree of yours must have skipped the English portion that most degrees require?

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 01:05 PM
all the class you took online was just a fantasy world that you where in. That degree? Ya thats just a print out from ebay. Listen to this guy (az_civic), he went to asu, they know all. :roll:

really? Damn you ebay!!! Damn you to hell!!!

AZ_CIVIC
07-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Why are you so upset? If you dont believe us, take your special degree and be on your way. You have no stake in this thread you obviously have proven to us that you are of higher stature.

"Know" does not equal "now"! that degree of yours must have skipped the English portion that most degrees require?

Well if it did then so did yours, since you say you graduated from ASU, even though you didn't really go to ASU, just did your shit online through Rio Salado through ASU.

I will answer the question originally posted, does anyone take U of P degrees seriously? NO.

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 01:18 PM
Well if it did then so did yours, since you say you graduated from ASU, even though you didn't really go to ASU, just did your shit online through Rio Salado through ASU.

I will answer the question originally posted, does anyone take U of P degrees seriously? NO.

Whatever man; my degree says ASU on it and no matter what you think its every bit as good as your overly priced "school of business" degree. My masters is going to require that i go to class 75% of the time, however im still able to take most core classes online. Does that upset you even more? How about the fact that ill have a masters degree from ASU for about 65% of what you paid for a bachelors?

I guess the Online degrees Boston University and Harvard offer mean nothing either; blast you stupid interwebz......:thumbsdown:

FUK JDM
07-31-2008, 01:19 PM

Youre an idiot.

AZ_CIVIC
07-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Whatever man; my degree says ASU on it and no matter what you think its every bit as good as your overly priced "school of business" degree. My masters is going to require that i go to class 75% of the time, however im still able to take most core classes online. Does that upset you even more? How about the fact that ill have a masters degree from ASU for about 65% of what you paid for a bachelors?

I guess the Online degrees Boston University and Harvard offer mean nothing either; blast you stupid interwebz......:thumbsdown:

Dude I really don't care, I will be going for my masters degree as well and over priced no. Every semester was paid in full through 3 different grants I was getting because of having a kid. Like I said I don't care if people take online stuff as long as real universities recognize it. U of P in my opinion is not a real university.

apSquidFace
07-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Dude I really don't care, I will be going for my masters degree as well and over priced no. Every semester was paid in full through 3 different grants I was getting because of having a kid. Like I said I don't care if people take online stuff as long as real universities recognize it. U of P in my opinion is not a real university.

Why is it you were disputing and trying to disprove my degree at the begining when your qualm was with U of P? You obviously have superiority issues...congrats on your degree.

AZ_CIVIC
07-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Youre an idiot.

Dude, take it easy, don't get madd at me because you got caught sucking dick.

AZ_CIVIC
07-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Why is it you were disputing and trying to disprove my degree at the begining when your qualm was with U of P? You obviously have superiority issues...congrats on your degree.

I wasn't trying to down your degree, its just that I have never heard of doing the degree online through ASU. When I went to ASU I wanted to take some classes online to lighten my load a little bit because I worked full time and had a kid. Congrats on the degree, ASU rules, and good luck on the masters degree.

FUK JDM
07-31-2008, 02:04 PM

I'd expect something more out of a 15 year old, Yet alone a person like yourself with an actual university degree. Come on Sally, Was that honestly the best you can think of?..

BTW: Its mad, One d not two. I'm sure your university professors are proud of you.

AZ_CIVIC
07-31-2008, 02:50 PM
I'd expect something more out of a 15 year old, Yet alone a person like yourself with an actual university degree. Come on Sally, Was that honestly the best you can think of?..

BTW: Its mad, One d not two. I'm sure your university professors are proud of you.

At the time it was.

91DA9
07-31-2008, 03:09 PM

Maybe not anymore, however you can get your MBA completed online through ASU...I guess it would be no good though, because a student wouldn't pay $40,000 in total tuition to get it :thumbup:

Below is a link to the list of programs that can be completed(that's start to finish) online at ASU.

http://asuonline.asu.edu/programs/?sort=program

EurospecUSDMtyte
07-31-2008, 03:59 PM
You are a straight up dumb shit, ASU offers some online classes for general education classes not core or focus classes, also the college you transfer your credits from has to be accepted from ASU, which means if ASU accepts online classes through Rio Salado thats fine. I took some classes at ASU online and also at PVCC. I am talking about getting you whole degree online, you can't do that at ASU or at most regular community colleges.

Man you are a complete fool, I work for a company that has over 450k employees worldwide. Do they care where your degree comes from? NO, actually they understand that in some instances earning your degree online is harder than attending a classroom environment. To complete a degree online requires more reading, more self discipline, and less shaping of you personality by a professor (teaching you how to be a nice little pet for your corporate boss).

Owens
07-31-2008, 08:42 PM
This is slightly off topic,

All I can say is, if you choose to go to school for Chemical Engineering, don't go to ASU. I had to transfer from ASU to University of Iowa in order to obtain a decent job after I recieve my BS next year. I had a job interview at Gerdau Ameristeel to see if they would hire me after graduation, and they said absolutely not with a degree from ASU. Since I have family that works there, they offered to pay for 80% of my education if I did work for them during the summer (doing that now) and attend UofI. Then I can transfer wherever I want. I remember taking a couple GE classes for ASU online, that was pretty fun.

sssmokin05si
07-31-2008, 10:31 PM
double post

sssmokin05si
07-31-2008, 10:35 PM

Yeah you're right, BUT you can get an associates online so clarify yourself first. I can't take my global business marketing program online, but I can take more general studies. I never said you can get an ASU Bachelor's in Global Business Marketing 100% online. But you tried saying "online isn't reputable."

"You are straight up dumb shit." That's pretty intelligent Mr. Graduate.

Wow, this too? LOL.

g2integy
08-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I work at Rio Salado and they are one of the biggest online colleges across the U.S. and around the world . Soldiers in Iraq can take online courses over seas. The cool thing about Rio is you don't have to register every semester . They register every week and if you can't start that week then you can set it up for a week ahead . Also you can register over the phone or computer and don't even have to go to the main campus in Tempe. Same with the bookstore order the books over the phone or comp. All credits can be tranfered and used at any major college . Aslo they teach English as a second language for free and GED classes for free. If you go to the GED classes you get two free scholerships for Rio . Need more info let me know

JDMitation
08-01-2008, 09:02 AM
I have taken a large amount of my core classes (from the Dept. of Religious Studies and Religion and Conflict) @ ASU online while posting on azht.net between lessons and quizzes :hi: