PDA

View Full Version : Credit Reporting Question

VSM.EK4
07-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Does TMobile or any other wireless provider reflect positive payment history to the credit bureaus?
Or do they only report negatively if they have to send that ass to collections?

teemfedx
07-31-2008, 08:42 PM
read this (http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/t-mobile-users/65971-t-mobile-credit-reporting.html)

^^^
it says you can ask a service representative to report, but since they are not loaning you money they dont report. idk...just what i found through a simple search as i was kinda interested in the same thing.

Owens
07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Something I've always wondered too. Seems to me that it only impacts you negatively, unless you are actually loaned money (IE: Financing a car) and pay that off. Just being a "good citizen" doesn't seem to count for much.

But, I really have no clue.

rushbuster70
07-31-2008, 08:47 PM
well i didnt pay my alltel bill until right before it went into collections...that ish still went on my credit report

Jstarda9
07-31-2008, 09:13 PM
it can only ruin your credit...it doesnt count as a revolving tradeline

reyes1212
07-31-2008, 09:36 PM
Something I've always wondered too. Seems to me that it only impacts you negatively, unless you are actually loaned money (IE: Financing a car) and pay that off. Just being a "good citizen" doesn't seem to count for much.

But, I really have no clue.

Yeah thats how it is. only get good credit if you get loans. otherwise...you stay in the same damn place lol

VSM.EK4
07-31-2008, 11:15 PM
thanks! i was hoping it counted as a revolving line of credit...

blu94tegra
08-01-2008, 05:17 PM
I was wondering how i can establishing credit? I tried to get a credit card, furniture, and anything else i could but it doesn;t matter i can't get them?

ICD
08-01-2008, 05:53 PM
most dont report but if you dont pay it sure shows up and getting fone service requires you to have credit.pretty lame but i just work here

Owens
08-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I was wondering how i can establishing credit? I tried to get a credit card, furniture, and anything else i could but it doesn;t matter i can't get them?

Banks such as Wells Fargo now do things like a "Secure Credit Card." I'm not sure of the actual name, but its what my girlfriend is using to build credit. What you do is, you create another account and put in the amount of money that you would like to use as your "Limit." So, say you put in $1000, your Credit Card Limit will be like $800 or something. You can use it as a credit card, but you can only borrow the same as what you have.

It essentially works like a debit card, but you actually get credit for maintain a positive account for a year or so.

Either that, save up enough money to buy a cheap ass car through a credit union, open up an account and put in the total amount of the car and tell the CU you are trying to build credit and want them to finance a used vehicle for you. The payments will come right out of that little account, and you will gain credit once the card is paid off. You may have to agree to terms, such as not being able to touch your money until your car is paid off in full.

Then theres always the option most people use, is co-signing for things with a family member with a good credit history, like retail cards. (IE: Best Buy, JC Penny, Sears) then buying stuff and making the payments.

ICD
08-02-2008, 09:43 AM
bank of america has been doing secure credit card and partially secured credit card for a whiled but ur deposit determines ur credit limit..and after a year of god payments they return ur deposit and double ur limit wit no deposit