PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Downloading Games

g2integy
08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Anyone else have a problem down loading game from Playstaion Network to you PS3 ? Last night I got home thinking it would be easy so I bought the game Siren :Blood Curse . Transaction went through great ,but after I bought the game it didn't tell me how to download the damn game onto the PS3 . I ended up calling the techs. at PS , got the run around and before they could even tell me what was going on I figured it out. Now the crappy thing is the damn game has taken all night , still isn't down loaded all the way only one chapter is there and there are 12 chapters to the game and I have chapter3 , need chapter one to play the damn thing. So while I am at work my PS3 is on at home still downloading. Fuck this I will go to a store and buy the game next time !

GunnRulF
08-01-2008, 09:42 AM
file size? I downloaded Super star dust hd last night took maybe 10 min tops. What game are you downloading?

g2integy
08-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Not sure each chapter is different

GunnRulF
08-01-2008, 10:03 AM
sorry d00d, do you have a wired connection or are you using wi-fi?

apSquidFace
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Well it all depends on if you are using a wired connection or WIFi. If you are wireless your DL speed is going to be greatly reduced from that of a wired connection. As well if it is wired how many MBPS are you connected at? The DL rate is always determined by file size and connection rate. Im currently on a 1.5 MBPS connection and it takes about 20-25 minutes for a 1900kb demo to DL and install, so i imagine to DL all 12 episodes of Siren would take me close to a full day.

You cant buy Siren in stores, fyi. Always make sure they arent store exclusives if you want to buy the bluray version.

g2integy
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
I Qwest wireless conection ,but I think this game is really huge. What I fucked up on is I started down loading all the chapters at once , instead of doing them one at a time. Thats why its taking so damn long , but its my first time so live and learn .

apSquidFace
08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
I Qwest wireless conection ,but I think this game is really huge. What I fucked up on is I started down loading all the chapters at once , instead of doing them one at a time. Thats why its taking so damn long , but its my first time so live and learn .

Yeah that would take anyones system all day on a Wi-fi connection man, no worries.

g2integy
08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Well it all depends on if you are using a wired connection or WIFi. If you are wireless your DL speed is going to be greatly reduced from that of a wired connection. As well if it is wired how many MBPS are you connected at? The DL rate is always determined by file size and connection rate. Im currently on a 1.5 MBPS connection and it takes about 20-25 minutes for a 1900kb demo to DL and install.

You cant buy Siren in stores, fyi. Always make sure they arent store exclusives if you want to buy the bluray version.

Yep thats one reason I bought it off Playstation Network . I want a HD tv!

apSquidFace
08-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Yep thats one reason I bought it off Playstation Network . I want a HD tv!

Well aside from it being stored locally, the game will look the same on either version. I cant imagine playing my ps3 without an HDMI connection, lol. Get a new TV!!!

g2integy
08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I know I need to save !