PDA

View Full Version : 06+ Si 3rd Gear Issues

EvilSol
08-01-2008, 09:53 AM
I have an 07 Si sedan with 8k miles and I'm having trouble with my 3rd gear. Notchy shifting, resistance going into 3rd gear and occasionally 2nd gear, transmission kicking out into neutral from 3rd gear, etc. These problems have been showing up in pretty much all 06-08 Si's.

Honda has released a TSB for this problem, but my local Honda dealer (Arrowhead Honda) will not fix the problem as the TSB directs them to.

If anyone here works for the service department or has some sort of connection to someone in the service department of any AZ Honda dealer, would you please help me get this issue resolved? I wouldn't mind giving about 25$ to the person who can get Honda to replace or repair my transmission.

Thanks AZHT.

sssmokin05si
08-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Arrowhead Honda's service department is fucking garbage. I dealt with them when I had my 05 si and had NOTHING but issues. I had the rear main seal leaking at 10k miles (should not happen), so I take it in for warranty work. They tell me it's going to be at LEAST a week so they kindly shuttled me to enterprise and got me a rental. They call me THAT afternoon at work and tell me it will be done the following morning.

All is well, I end up selling the car to JG-HATCH, takes it to another dealer because Arrowhead had torn the CV boot in the process. Well come to find out the seal is leaking again, and from what he told me they said it wasn't even replaced with an OEM seal.

So pretty much Arrowhead skimped on the job so they could avoid paying for my rental any longer. I will never, ever give that dealer my service again. Go to Right Honda, they took such good care of me that I would drive the 30 or so miles just to get my oil changes.

josh
humm my 06 si tranny doesnt have any problems thank god

atomicx
I have an 07 Si sedan with 8k miles and I'm having trouble with my 3rd gear. Notchy shifting, resistance going into 3rd gear and occasionally 2nd gear, transmission kicking out into neutral from 3rd gear, etc. These problems have been showing up in pretty much all 06-08 Si's.

Honda has released a TSB for this problem, but my local Honda dealer (Arrowhead Honda) will not fix the problem as the TSB directs them to.

If anyone here works for the service department or has some sort of connection to someone in the service department of any AZ Honda dealer, would you please help me get this issue resolved? I wouldn't mind giving about 25$ to the person who can get Honda to replace or repair my transmission.

Thanks AZHT.

i think your outta luck you got close tho lol i have a friend who works for acura.

sssmokin05si
08-01-2008, 10:07 AM
OH! And print the TSB from this link, go in there and tell them to shove it.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2275287

JDMitation
08-01-2008, 10:36 AM
my rsx had this same problem and it went away with shift bushings

turboedhonda
08-01-2008, 07:32 PM
go out to right honda in scottsdale, they are very good, and have great tech's there. just call and make an appointment. they will even give you a rental.

shadowed
08-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Seems to me if one dealership won't fix it, go to another one...

Printed word has more power than anything. Hard for them to say "we won't do it" when you have proof that Honda has addressed the issue already.

Sometimes, you can just help yourself.

hectorg4444
08-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Try the Honda in avondale

EurospecUSDMtyte
08-01-2008, 09:43 PM
If they wont help you go above their heads and contact Corporate Honda and tell them that a "Honda" dealership carrying their name will not honor a one of their recalls.

super_civic
08-01-2008, 10:28 PM

Thanks AZHT.

Dang Matt that Si is already messing up? That car is so tight though...
Take it to the dealer in scottsdale dude, Ive heard they have good customer service.
Hey if you want I could try hugging your car and that might fix it. :lmao:

Hope you get it fixed soon buddy! Oh and stop by the commisary man, travis got a new EG hatch thats pretty clean. You should check it out.

Good luck

sssmokin05si
08-01-2008, 11:29 PM
If they wont help you go above their heads and contact Corporate Honda and tell them that a "Honda" dealership carrying their name will not honor a one of their recalls.

Good luck with that, I tried to contact them about an issue with Arrowhead Honda and did not even receive something as small as an automated mailing back.