PDA

View Full Version : Global cooling.....hmmmm?

Type - O
08-02-2008, 04:06 PM
take this al gore....... http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=287279412587175

Charlee
08-02-2008, 04:21 PM
I rather believe polar shift. sounds more legit. Plus they have backed it with plenty evidence.But in reality it is still up to the readers belief period. Also, the sun is not shutting down anytime soon.

imm0rtal
08-02-2008, 04:23 PM
It's none of those things. The earth changes temperature due to the tilt in it's rotational axis, not what politicians say to keep the sheep scared.

Charlee
08-02-2008, 04:41 PM
It's none of those things. The earth changes temperature due to the tilt in it's rotational axis, not what politicians say to keep the sheep scared.

i agree.

this is according to a nova pbs documentary
polar shifting wont increase temperature. just more uv rays from solar winds and radiation will hit because the magnetic field will change it polarity. its temporary. non of us will be around for that to happen. every cycle averages around every 200,000 years. this cycle (our current one) is at 700,000 years. so we are a bit overdue for one. so its happening. but it is still at its early stages. it has been proven that some spots on the earth are already suffering field polarity change where it has weakened.

my opinion is based on whatever happens, happens. just work with it.

il see if i can find the link.

Type - O
08-02-2008, 04:55 PM
^^^^sweet

Chinky
08-02-2008, 05:11 PM
:crazy:

Charlee
08-02-2008, 05:12 PM
i agree.

this is according to a nova pbs documentary
polar shifting wont increase temperature. just more uv rays from solar winds and radiation will hit because the magnetic field will change it polarity. its temporary. non of us will be around for that to happen. every cycle averages around every 200,000 years. this cycle (our current one) is at 700,000 years. so we are a bit overdue for one. so its happening. but it is still at its early stages. it has been proven that some spots on the earth are already suffering field polarity change where it has weakened.

my opinion is based on whatever happens, happens. just work with it.

il see if i can find the link.

here it is

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7231377053339520174&q=magnetic+storm&ei=JviUSP_6Cobs4gKk__iiBQ&hl=en

its long. but worth watching if you are bored or have nothing to do

reyes1212
08-02-2008, 05:26 PM
*sigh*

I have a video that clearly proves 9/11 was made by our government.

ICD
08-03-2008, 09:26 AM
*sigh*

wich one wud that be..I hav only seen one good one and its called loose change

ICD
08-03-2008, 09:34 AM
oh man is fun..global warming and global cooling essentially ends up being the same shit.heat melts ice caps ice caps cold water chills ocean water thus "changing" temperature and current wich also raises the sea level the polar ice caps have a lot to do with our ability to live..did my english final on this and literally read hundred and thousands of pages and all comes down to their is much we can do we already messed up a lot of stuff here and if we don't kill each other(war) this global warming/cooling is but nowhere near our lifetime would this happen.

V10KLR
08-03-2008, 12:41 PM
*sigh*

If that is loose changues, try again ...

dobslob
08-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Like we all didn't really know that Al Gore and the environmentalist freaks were full of shit all along. But Al mstill made millions and millions off of the idiots that believe him. And he still will because some people always want to blame others for everything, just to feel better about themselves.

Mop
08-03-2008, 04:55 PM
manbearpig is real?

shadowed
08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Like we all didn't really know that Al Gore and the environmentalist freaks were full of shit all along. But Al mstill made millions and millions off of the idiots that believe him. And he still will because some people always want to blame others for everything, just to feel better about themselves.

How do you know they are/were full of shit?

There's proof of the impact our emissions makes on the globe. it's unbelievably simple, and yet, people still try to attack the people who brought forth the evidence instead of trying to dispute the evidence (which is indisputable).

There's a reason they call it the "Greenhouse Effect". And all of the shit we as a civilization pump into the air amplifies this greenhouse effect.

Or wait, does all of that crap coming out of our exhaust pipes just dissipate into the air? Ah, well even the driest sponge will become saturated with enough water.

Ever been in a greenhouse? It's shitty. Really. Humid, sticky, hot, smelly.

So touche, you can't make a statement like "we all knew al gore was was full of shit" without having something to back it up.

Global warming or cooling, it's still going to happen and it's still going to FUCK us all. Yes, and very soon too. Just because the sun is changing doesn't mean that the earth isn't going to change because of what we do here.

So give me some facts that they are all full of shit. K?
And yes, periodic global temperature shifts DO happen, quite often (multiple times every millennia). Drastic ones come less often. But we play a very large part in this one, right now, because we are accelerating it with all of the gases our activities put off into the atmosphere.

CO2, methane, N20, among others (though those are the three biggest threats). And as things warm up (which they are doing), permafrost all over the globe begins to melt and thus releases tons and tons of methane gas into the atmosphere (and methane is exponentially worse than C02 for the atmosphere). And you know, the ice caps melt too, which will do the worst of damage. If you'd like proof I'll supply it once there's some responses here...

So to summarize my thoughts, don't play the classic fallacy of shaping your ideas based off of your political party's ideals. The Global Change issue should remain separate from politics, whether your like Al Gore or not. Not our fault people are bitter that Gore found something better to do over the past 8 years than Bush did.