PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help fixing a POS Everex Laptop

Owens
08-04-2008, 02:57 PM
I inherited this shitty little laptop when my dad kicked the bucket, I used it off and on, I didn't really need it so I sold it to some guy on Craigslist for $270. Worked in perfect condition, I just didn't need it.

So, two weeks later (this morning) the guy calls me up and tells me he can't start up the laptop. I offer to take a look at it, as if it were something simple, I could probably fix the problem and just give it back to him.

So, I get the laptop back, I open it up and it says:

Install Windows:

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows Instillation can not proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

I try to restart it, same thing. I eventually get it to start up in Safe Mode, and it says

Windows cannot complete instillation in Safe Mode. To continue installing Windows, restart the computer.

Can't really find help through Google. The computer is a Everex StepNote VA4101M with Windows Vista Basic.

Digi Snax
08-04-2008, 03:11 PM
tell the guy u sold it too to figure it out.. tell him theres no warranty, shit ur not best buy.

MrRline2010
08-04-2008, 03:41 PM
go into the bios and set the cdrom drive for startup. Get an xp disc and stick it in the drive. Restart the computer and install windows. Then give it back to the fucker and tell him never to contact you again because he's retarded.

rushbuster70
08-04-2008, 05:15 PM
just reformat it

MrRline2010
08-04-2008, 05:17 PM
just reformat it

from what it sounds like it's already asking to redo that

imm0rtal
08-04-2008, 05:39 PM
I inherited this shitty little laptop when my dad kicked the bucket, I used it off and on, I didn't really need it so I sold it to some guy on Craigslist for $270. Worked in perfect condition, I just didn't need it.

So, two weeks later (this morning) the guy calls me up and tells me he can't start up the laptop. I offer to take a look at it, as if it were something simple, I could probably fix the problem and just give it back to him.

So, I get the laptop back, I open it up and it says:

I try to restart it, same thing. I eventually get it to start up in Safe Mode, and it says

Can't really find help through Google. The computer is a Everex StepNote VA4101M with Windows Vista Basic.The guy tried to reinstall the OS and fucked it up. Tell him to retry his installation.

cwjdmitr
08-05-2008, 03:21 AM
yup, douche tried to install something new, and fucked it up and is trying to blame you.. his deal not yours, give it back and tell to take a hike

nathansoto
08-05-2008, 05:02 AM
I looked up the specs on it, and it only has 512MB of RAM. Unless you upgraded the RAM, it will most likely experience choppy performance with Vista. Try and have the guy install XP, or if you can do it yourself, I strongly urge you to do it for him. If you dont have an XP disc, pirate one. Look for the ITT Tech edition. It never needs to be registered.