PDA

View Full Version : How to make your own ringtones for Iphones!!

01preludepimp
08-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Apple is charging you $2 for making a unique ringtone for your iphone. Here is a free and fairly easy way to make your own from music in your own Itunes library. This one is for my fellow AZHT'ers that have the phone.....(I should mention this is for windows based pc's)

First step pic a song, figure out from what second you want it to start at and end at.

right click on the song and click on "get info" here you'll want to first copy and paste the end time that the song already has into notepad.
After you have done this enter the second you want it to start and end.

After you have done this step play the track again and make sure it starts and stops where you want it to.

Alright now that you have done this right click on the song and click on "convert to AAC" this will make a copy of the song. Once its done converting the song, right click on it and click on "open in windows explorer" or something along those lines.

A new window will pop up....now this is important!
*if the song comes up with just the name (and not m4a at the end of it)follow this step, if not disregard and I'll get back with the following step.

*click on start and go to the control panel, open it up and click on the "folder options" icon. Click on the "view" tab
look for "hide extensions for known file type" and make sure that it is unchecked. Click ok and go back to the window that had the song opened in windows. It should now say M4a at the end.

Back on track, ok now I want you to delete the song that was converted in your itunes and when it asks make sure to "keep file"

Go back to where the song is in the window with the m4a ending and right click on it. Rename file and just remove the a from m4a and replace it with an r so it read m4r. Once you do this drag and drop this file into your iphone in itunes.

Go back to the song that you shortened, right click on it and go to "get info" replace the end time from notepad and YOU'RE DONE!!!!

YOUR OWN SONG, THE PART THAT YOU WANT AND BEST OF ALL ITS FREE!!!

[C3R] Corey
08-05-2008, 08:01 AM
I found this on YouTube too. Haha. It really works though. I love getting free stuff lol.

01preludepimp
08-05-2008, 09:20 AM
what "cant" youtube do LOL!!! I had to learn the hard way, just like jailbraking my 3g.

Nedaaaah
08-05-2008, 10:12 AM
hmmm purty cool stuff...but i dont see how notepad is useful here?

[C3R] Corey
08-05-2008, 10:13 AM
hmmm purty cool stuff...but i dont see how notepad is useful here?

It's not useful haha. I think he meant the get info part. If you don't uncheck the boxes for the 30 seconds that you set then the song will keep only playing for 30 seconds.

Nedaaaah
08-05-2008, 10:27 AM
It's not useful haha. I think he meant the get info part. If you don't uncheck the boxes for the 30 seconds that you set then the song will keep only playing for 30 seconds.

i thought so! anyway good tips!

01preludepimp
08-05-2008, 03:53 PM
i thought so! anyway good tips!

Thanks bro.

The mexican in me is always trying to find the free and easy alternative LOL!!

[C3R] Corey
08-05-2008, 03:55 PM
For real, me too. That's not the only thing though. I don't like how u can't use any song that u want to.

01preludepimp
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
That's why I like this method, it lets you pick any song at all and make into a ringtone. I wanted to have the "Lolli Pop" Remix with Kanye and when I couldnt find it on Itunes I was pissed, so I started skulking around and found this walk around. Now that song is my ringtone and plays exactly the part that I want it to play.

[C3R] Corey
08-05-2008, 04:10 PM
That's why I like this method, it lets you pick any song at all and make into a ringtone. I wanted to have the "Lolli Pop" Remix with Kanye and when I couldnt find it on Itunes I was pissed, so I started skulking around and found this walk around. Now that song is my ringtone and plays exactly the part that I want it to play.

Yea I wanted Swing and I got that ish. Not to mention the pineapple express theme.

01preludepimp
08-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Yea I wanted Swing and I got that ish. Not to mention the pineapple express theme.

Let me know if you want to get your 3g (if you have one) jailbroken. It's the best shit I've ever done to my phone and I've only had it for less than a month.

thaiphob
08-06-2008, 12:18 AM
great info man!

Charlee
08-06-2008, 07:00 AM
good shit. i used to do it for my cricket phone in this little mp3 editor i had, then i would just email them to my number. lol

01preludepimp
08-06-2008, 03:51 PM
good shit. i used to do it for my cricket phone in this little mp3 editor i had, then i would just email them to my number. lol

You cheap bastard!!!! LOL thats the way you do it!!! THE FREE WAY

unlewser
08-06-2008, 10:45 PM
cool thx