PDA

View Full Version : Instinct or Iphone?

BigJsaid
08-06-2008, 09:44 AM
just scooped up tha instinct and tha shits hot...
it messed wit a few homies iphones but IMO i think the instinct surpasses them in internet speed, touch screen sensitivity, and aesthetics.
prolly alot of iphone owners gonna be like fuck instinct...but so far so good...

whats your choice?

TeamSickLife EK
08-06-2008, 09:55 AM
instinct all day!!

[C3R] Corey
08-06-2008, 09:56 AM
I've had both gen iPhones and I love this phone more than any other I've had. It's the most user friendly touch screen that I've been able to mess with. The Internet is muuuuuch faster now that it's 3g capable. Not only is it fast now but it also loads the true pages of websites. Not a scaled down version as the instinct does. I've had the opportunity to mess around with my bosses and it was just ok. I'm not hating on the phone because it's a great phone as well but the iPhone is much better and has an easier interface.

IPHONE FTW

rudsone
08-06-2008, 10:01 AM
i only say iphone because i love mac, i use a mac so its that much easier and plus it has itunes.

everything on an iphone is just easy to get to...just one touch away.

KrenzyRyan
08-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Never really messed with the Iphone, so my opinion is a bit bias. I love the instinct, I really couldn't believe how fast the internet speed is on it. The nav, movie times, tv, all that stuff is awesome. I also have a couple movies from my comp on there, its awesome that they actually include an SD card with it, along with double batts.

BigJsaid
08-06-2008, 10:36 AM
^^^^yessssssss i agree all kindz wit that...that ish was a suprise.i was planning on using my old SD card but now i have two..and we also dont have to worry about battery consumptioin either...

[C3R] Corey
08-06-2008, 10:43 AM
The battery on the new one when using 3g is a little diappointing but that's why I have a car charger. All I'm saying is the iPhones interface is much easier to use and when using edge to browse (even though it's kinda slow.) u get a saolid ten hours of constant usage.

apSquidFace
08-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Anyone that honestly thinks the instinct is a better Iphone needs to have their head examined.

Now if we are talking about terms of price point...yeah the instinct is a nice phone for the price no doubt...but choose it for that reason not because you honestly think its holds even the smallest light to the Iphone, it simply doesnt.

[C3R] Corey
08-06-2008, 11:52 AM
:grin: :goodpost:

Jay_Rob61590
08-06-2008, 12:11 PM
fuck em both. Blackberry son!

Weeman
08-06-2008, 12:24 PM
fuck em both. Blackberry son!

I had a blackberry for over a year and jut last night I got an iPhone. The iPhone is way more user friendly and being able to see the whole website is the nicest thing ever after only seeing a watered down version. I have never even seen an instinct but I'm already willing to bet that it isn't as nice.

shadowed
08-06-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that the iPhone has the standing best touch screen. I can touch it with the corner of my fingernail and it's like using the flat of my finger. It's excellent. And there's nothing funner (yes, a word, i declare) than flipping through your photo album and moving photos around with your index finger.

The internet is awesome with the new 3g phone. So fast and full sized. i can do so much! Hell, I wouldn't even bother using wifi but I have a really poor 3g signal in my house (one problem I've noticed is 3g is way better outside than inside, but that will probably change within a couple months as they get new towers up).

Plus the iPhone is super-sexy and only costs $200 bucks. And I still maintain that nothing beats the convenience of having the maps feature. Look up any number or address you need in an instant.

Oh ya, Apps rule! Having Pandora on your iPhone on any connection is GREAT! You wouldn't even need Mp3s as long as you had that.

sssmokin05si
08-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Not even comparable phone, lol.

Iphone.

01preludepimp
08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Not comparable at all

Iphone FTW, especially when your 3g is jailbroken....It's so much more fun!!!

[C3R] Corey
08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
So where's the guy that made this thread to tell us his thoughts lol.

BigJsaid
08-06-2008, 04:07 PM
hey! lol
you guys can rep for your iPhone, but this Instinct is doooooooooooope.

i go to the music video section and videos play with no buffering.
i go to the music store and songs download in 10 seconds.
i go to the navigation app and it gives pretty much real time directions.
the battery doesn't die all crazy fast.
idk...i dont see myself with an iPhone. this phone is sleeker, more accurate with touch, touch scroll, touch tap. voice dialing is hassle free. has internal or external memory as an option.
the internet loads full pages so far on all the pages ive been on...
super dope phone.

01preludepimp
08-06-2008, 04:48 PM
well let me ask you this,
Does your phone have emulators for PSX and NES?
Does your phone have the ability to stream or download videos from youtube?
Does it even play videos from youtube?
does it sync up with your mail client (yahoo, gmail etc)
Like I said I like my jailbroken 3g cause all these things plus others puts it in a "class by itself"

boostedrex
08-06-2008, 04:51 PM
u cant even drop an iphone off the top of a latter :(

[C3R] Corey
08-06-2008, 04:59 PM
why would u want to? Lol. Oh and to bigj. The touch screen on the instinct is no where close in terms of responsiveness. My iPhone does everything but tv. That's the only thing the instinct has over the iPhone. Plus let me ask u this. If the iPhone wasn't better why does the instinct claim to be an iPhone killer?

apSquidFace
08-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Honestly you people that keep repping these other phones have no clue at all. You chose it for a reason.....it was cheaper, admit it.

BigJsaid
08-06-2008, 07:14 PM
well let me ask you this,
Does your phone have emulators for PSX and NES?
Does your phone have the ability to stream or download videos from youtube?
Does it even play videos from youtube?
does it sync up with your mail client (yahoo, gmail etc)
Like I said I like my jailbroken 3g cause all these things plus others puts it in a "class by itself"
idk probably
yes
hell yes
yes
why would u want to? Lol. Oh and to bigj. The touch screen on the instinct is no where close in terms of responsiveness. My iPhone does everything but tv. That's the only thing the instinct has over the iPhone. Plus let me ask u this. If the iPhone wasn't better why does the instinct claim to be an iPhone killer?
idk guy..the iPhone was tooo sensitive to me no matter where i set the sensitivity. How about you set up a list of what your iPhone does and i'll confirm or deny if my instinct does it....

sssmokin05si
08-06-2008, 07:18 PM
idk...i dont see myself with an iPhone. this phone is sleeker, more accurate with touch, touch scroll, touch tap. voice dialing is hassle free. has internal or external memory as an option.
the internet loads full pages so far on all the pages ive been on...
super dope phone.

Haha dude don't EVEN try to say it's more touch accurate. That is the dumbest thing I have heard all week. You can brag about all you want, but there is no phone on the market with a more developed better touch screen than the iphone.

Oh, and the iphone does full pages on every site. Not to mention you can have 8 pages open at a time and go back and forth.

sssmokin05si
08-06-2008, 07:23 PM
double post

sssmokin05si
08-06-2008, 07:28 PM
How is the sync feature? I enjoy mine being able to sync all of my itunes, contacts, calendar, pic's, email accounts etc.

edgui12
08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
i think the iphones better more hackability lol

ICUJockin
08-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Who knows how long Sprint will last... It was reported they lost another 900,000 subcribers during their last quarter

shadowed
08-06-2008, 10:12 PM
No one seems to be taking the carrier into account.

Sprint SUCKS!

I had it for 6 months and had to find a way to bail out and go back to ATT. I dropped calls on at least 1/3 of my attempts, and my signal was non existent in various places around town.

ATT is a GSM network. That means if I jailbroke my iPhone, I could head on over to europe and pop in a disposable SIM and use it like I do here.

The iPhone is superior in sleekness as well. I don't even like the way the instinct looks. Oh and look at that, if I went to a Sprint store to get one I'd have to dish out like $250 for it and then use a mail in rebate. :but: Then I'd still be stuck with Sprint's shitty service for two years! And there's almost no way out of those contracts (because you know, after a year you'll be saying "shit I want an iPhone") unless you are a crafty bastard who's done research.

I like having all of my photos on my phone, along with all of my music in an iPod style player.

And then, once again, there's the apps. Oh the apps... So fun.

End of the story here goes like this: iPhone > Instinct

apSquidFace
08-06-2008, 10:16 PM
How about you set up a list of what your iPhone does and i'll confirm or deny if my instinct does it....

app store equals infinite possibilities...firmware= infinite possibilities. sorry guy...instinct lost this war.

AZ93Civic
08-06-2008, 10:20 PM
I have had an instinct since before it came out, I like it but they are slow with the updates. If you want some hacks and tips and info

www.sprintinstinctforum.com

I will be selling my shortly, pm me if interested

TysCb7
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
iphone FTW. instinct = replica/imitation/fail

YuckerDisMe
08-06-2008, 10:25 PM
instinct ftw

instinct>iphone

unlewser
08-06-2008, 10:42 PM
iphone ftw

JDMB16
08-07-2008, 05:51 PM
I havent had either phones, but if i were to buy one of the 2 right now it would be the instict

cowboi
08-08-2008, 08:30 PM
iphone cuz no other phone out there can be close to the iphone touch screen and its OS

KrenzyRyan
08-09-2008, 11:27 AM
For all the Instinct users, an update is now available, don't forget to update! Settings > General > Software Update

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2008/08/01/samsung-releases-firmware-update-for-the-instinct/

Nedaaaah
08-10-2008, 12:25 AM
iPhone!!
Out of the box its a great phone, but when you unlock it/jailbreak it you are in for a world of surprise!! The 3rd party support behind the iPhone is incredible! Having a blackberry gives you lots of 3rd party apps but I believe that with the iPhone its almost double that quantity, even for FREE!
The one thing I cannot stand about the iPhone however is the ringing volume. I know this is a simple issue but still I wish it was much LOUDER!
Anyway I still love mine...and want ANOTHER!

BigJsaid
08-16-2008, 12:25 AM
http://www.instinctthephone.com/main.html

Hopeless EP3
08-16-2008, 12:28 AM
iphone

Zombie
08-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Who knows how long Sprint will last... It was reported they lost another 900,000 subcribers during their last quarter

I doubt that.

and the HTC Touch Diamond will be better competitor for the IPhone