PDA

View Full Version : Tucson Chop Shop

crx3
08-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Saw this on the news yesterday. 40 Acres and 700 cars, many of which are stolen.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?s=8771505

Check out the video, they even show the property from Google Earth.

rudsone
08-07-2008, 12:05 AM
crazy!

teemfedx
08-07-2008, 12:08 AM
sounds like a great neighbor to have, fuck asking him for some sugar, just ask if you can borrow a chevy or a ford.

Heist
08-07-2008, 01:22 AM
He looks kinda nice...

TurboElements
08-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Here it is on Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=park+rd,+tucson,az&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.445554,67.5&ie=UTF8&ll=32.148751,-111.248291&spn=0.002114,0.00412&t=h&z=19

JDMitation
08-07-2008, 09:00 AM
sounds weird no honda's?

crx3
08-07-2008, 12:02 PM
sounds like a great neighbor to have, fuck asking him for some sugar, just ask if you can borrow a chevy or a ford.

Probably could get some sugar from his neighbor though. Big hangers with no bra, KOLD had to use the pixelated censor so we don't see the nips. Hey baby que paso?

DVS
08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Here it is on Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=park+rd,+tucson,az&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.445554,67.5&ie=UTF8&ll=32.148751,-111.248291&spn=0.002114,0.00412&t=h&z=19

That air shot shows a butt load of cars. :crazy:

Jay_Rob61590
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
damn thats alotta cars

bigballsmagerki
08-07-2008, 12:55 PM
how delightful

Tweeder
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
i doubt its a chop shop. i think the guy was just picking up other peoples crap cars and some just happen to be stolen. if ONLY 20 cars out of 700 are stolen then i doubt he's a real theif, but just a guy that got mislead while picking up another junked car

1lowtacoma
08-07-2008, 01:07 PM
i doubt its a chop shop. i think the guy was just picking up other peoples crap cars and some just happen to be stolen. if ONLY 20 cars out of 700 are stolen then i doubt he's a real theif, but just a guy that got mislead while picking up another junked car

x2. i lol'd when i saw this on the news

crx3
08-07-2008, 01:39 PM

The police haven't checked every car yet, and have found 20 that are stolen. If the guy has the money to buy 700 cars, and money to rent the property to store them, then he probably has the money to do a carfax or title search. The report said that there were cars from all over southern AZ, so the guy must be known as someone who doesn't ask questions. It's nice that the cops are looking for stolen parts somewhere besides the tuner shops and carports of Civic owners.

usdm420
08-07-2008, 01:49 PM
The police haven't checked every car yet, and have found 20 that are stolen. If the guy has the money to buy 700 cars, and money to rent the property to store them, then he probably has the money to do a carfax or title search. The report said that there were cars from all over southern AZ, so the guy must be known as someone who doesn't ask questions. It's nice that the cops are looking for stolen parts somewhere besides the tuner shops and carports of Civic owners.

Sounds like some hyped up bullshit is what I say. Out of 700+ and only 20 so far are stolen?
Gimme a break. From what I saw, all of those cars were fucking junkers.

blu94tegra
08-07-2008, 02:09 PM
All of those cars were pieces of shit, but one beamer. Some of that shit looks like its been there for years

usdm420
08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
All of those cars were pieces of shit, but one beamer. Some of that shit looks like its been there for years

Even that BMW was a shitter....oxidized beyond belief.

JDM_SLO
08-07-2008, 02:54 PM

x2. i lol'd when i saw this on the news

x3

I feel bad for that guy.. Hes going to have to go to court for forever to just prove that his actions were based off of innocent grounds.. If they are checking cars the way they should have and only found 20 stolen.. This dude should of been given a warning and had the vehicles removed.. I bet he will never do anything the way he use to anymore..

boostedrex
08-07-2008, 02:59 PM
damn 700 cars, thats soooo many

blk00civic
08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
wow old ppl are evil lol poor guy has no chance in the tent city sux

crx3
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM

Just because the lot doesn't look like an azht car show full of JDM style swapmobiles doesn't mean that the cars aren't stolen, and that people didn't loose money. Maybe the reason those cars look like old pieces of shit is that they were stolen years ago and stripped to the bone, and the guy doesn't know what to do with the stripped shells.

Sorry I don’t have any love for car thieves, or anyone who profits off of car theft. If the dude is innocent, he will have his chance to prove it in court. Maybe the cops are going put the heat on him in order to get to the actual thieves he bought the cars from. The cars that were stolen may have been stolen years ago, but they are still stolen. Saying that they don’t matter because it’s been years is like saying it doesn’t matter if they find a few bodies in someone’s yard, because they have been there for years. :dumbass:

SiR Mikey
08-07-2008, 05:33 PM
I agree 100%

As to how he pays for all the cars and property...

A. He could have inherited the property, or a large amount of money to buy it outright. Just because he doesn't look rich, doesn't mean he isn't. I know many people like that. Old people have no one to impress.

B. He probably bought those cars cheap as fuck, or next to nothing because they were wrecked, blown motors, salvage title, lost title etc. and sells all the parts as scrap. My little brother works for a junk yard in Prescott, and they make 99% of their money off aluminum, copper, and cats. If my brothers boss can make a living(and I mean a GRIP of money) off selling scrap, then I'm sure this guy could do the same with 700 fuckin cars.

I'm not one to stand up for a guy running a chop shop, but this just seems like what USDM420 said, some hyped up bullshit. I'd like to see what else, if any they have on this guy because I am far from convinced.

SiR Mikey
08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Just because the lot doesn't look like an azht car show full of JDM style swapmobiles doesn't mean that the cars aren't stolen, and that people didn't loose money. Maybe the reason those cars look like old pieces of shit is that they were stolen years ago and stripped to the bone, and the guy doesn't know what to do with the stripped shells.

Sorry I don’t have any love for car thieves, or anyone who profits off of car theft. If the dude is innocent, he will have his chance to prove it in court. Maybe the cops are going put the heat on him in order to get to the actual thieves he bought the cars from. The cars that were stolen may have been stolen years ago, but they are still stolen. Saying that they don’t matter because it’s been years is like saying it doesn’t matter if they find a few bodies in someone’s yard, because they have been there for years. :dumbass:

I understand where you're coming from. Honda's are far from the only cars stolen a lot, older Tahoe's are stolen just as much (learned that the hard way) as well as many other car makes/models(takes 240's for example). The poor guy is 64 years old. I just really find it hard to believe he knowingly bought them stolen. Even if they were stolen brand new, he would have been what? 50 something?

All I can say is if he is truely innocent, I hope he can somehow prove it. 700 cars is a lot to keep record of :(

Nott_Sure
08-07-2008, 06:45 PM
:crazy:

trace01m
08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
That guy lives just a little west of me!

JDM_SLO
08-08-2008, 03:06 AM
I understand where you're coming from. Honda's are far from the only cars stolen a lot, older Tahoe's are stolen just as much (learned that the hard way) as well as many other car makes/models(takes 240's for example). The poor guy is 64 years old. I just really find it hard to believe he knowingly bought them stolen. Even if they were stolen brand new, he would have been what? 50 something?

All I can say is if he is truely innocent, I hope he can somehow prove it. 700 cars is a lot to keep record of :(

seriously.. what happend to innocent untill proven guilty in this shit hole state?

Tweeder
08-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Sounds like some hyped up bullshit is what I say. Out of 700+ and only 20 so far are stolen?
Gimme a break. From what I saw, all of those cars were fucking junkers.

X2!!! just a way to make people think that TPD is doing their job and helping people sleep at night.... :lmao:

SiR Mikey
08-08-2008, 03:27 AM
X2!!! just a way to make people think that TPD is doing their job and helping people sleep at night.... :lmao:
Hahahaha

At 10:00pm Tucson Police Department(TPD) moved in on a 64 year old man, Joe Arthur Zappia, accused of running a chop shop on some 40 acre property he was leasing near Park and Sandario. Dogs were first in the double wide, followed by a team of Tucson police.

"We now have this poor, lonely 64 year old man in custody after a grueling 5 second raid" says Sgt. Fabian Pacheco of TPD. "The people of Tucson can now sleep a little better knowing this man is off the streets and behind bars, right where he belongs"

Oh and can't forget how they got the warrant

"So uh...judge. One of the officers was playing on Google Earth and came across a lot of cars on some private property. You uh...you wanna slip us a warrant so we can check it out? Some lonely 64 year old is renting it, but uhhh...we haven't done much lately. This could really help us get some much needed publicity so we can get a bigger budget for next year. The guys want to upgrade to a PS3 in the break room."

Sorry, not knocking on police, the theft task force's or anything but I have yet to see anything positive come from Tucson and their PD. Ever since their little incident on Mt. Lemon I lost a LOT of respect.

ICUJockin
08-08-2008, 10:57 AM
that is pretty crazy...

Tweeder
08-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Hahahaha

At 10:00pm Tucson Police Department(TPD) moved in on a 64 year old man, Joe Arthur Zappia, accused of running a chop shop on some 40 acre property he was leasing near Park and Sandario. Dogs were first in the double wide, followed by a team of Tucson police.

"We now have this poor, lonely 64 year old man in custody after a grueling 5 second raid" says Sgt. Fabian Pacheco of TPD. "The people of Tucson can now sleep a little better knowing this man is off the streets and behind bars, right where he belongs"

"So uh...judge. One of the officers was playing on Google Earth and came across a lot of cars on some private property. You uh...you wanna slip us a warrant so we can check it out? Some lonely 64 year old is renting it, but uhhh...we haven't done much lately. This could really help us get some much needed publicity so we can get a bigger budget for next year. The guys want to upgrade to a PS3 in the break room."

Sorry, not knocking on police, the theft task force's or anything but I have yet to see anything positive come from Tucson and their PD. Ever since their little incident on Mt. Lemon I lost a LOT of respect.

made me LOLz

blk00civic
08-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Hahahaha

haha i agree