PDA

View Full Version : Beginning of an end of the right to protest?

eviilboy
08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN0619904520080807?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

Basically a federal judge rules that security outweighs our right to protest.

Eventually, security will be more necessary than our right to protest.. and they'll try and get rid of the pesky right to assemble in peaceful dissent.

Hooray!

Of course this will be appealed.. but the Secret Service has achieved their goal of not allowing the protesters to show up and do their thing.

Rufus
08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm against protesting, I just don't know how to show it. - Mitch Hedberg

g2integy
08-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Come on this is America we don't have any rights anymore .

teemfedx
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
i think thats kinda weird that its the liberal left that is worried about protest at their convention.

the lefty liberals are always the ones protesting themselves.

eviilboy
08-08-2008, 12:11 PM
i think thats kinda weird that its the liberal left that is worried about protest at their convention.

the lefty liberals are always the ones protesting themselves.

The democratic congress has the lowest approval rating in history right now.

I think they've got every right to be worried about what their followers will say about them in front of everyone else. :)

FUK JDM
08-08-2008, 12:19 PM
I say we blame those illegals..those mexicans..like them those from el Salvador.

BUT..

I kinda agree with rufus's quote...agree to disagree...

91DA9
08-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I'd like to know if the same thing is going on at Republican conventions. We(my family) went to the Republican convention here in phoenix during the last election, and I remember some guy throwing shit at us when we walked out of the stadium, the women behind me got punched in the face, and we had three dumbass college kids follow us to our car a few blocks away.

teemfedx
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
The democratic congress has the lowest approval rating in history right now.

I think they've got every right to be worried about what their followers will say about them in front of everyone else. :)

good point, they were kinda a failure, they had the power and couldnt stand up to any of the powers from the right. i never really thought that dems would be mad that the dems in congress/senate couldnt do shit, i thought theyd just blame the conservatives in power.

interesting.

Rob x3
08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
pretty soon it'll be like 'V for Vendetta'

the government will get us so scared of 'terorrist' that we will vote in an all supreme chancellor....

and the twist...

the government was the 'terrorists' the whole time.... dun dun dunnnnn

eviilboy
08-08-2008, 02:10 PM
I'd like to know if the same thing is going on at Republican conventions. We(my family) went to the Republican convention here in phoenix during the last election, and I remember some guy throwing shit at us when we walked out of the stadium, the women behind me got punched in the face, and we had three dumbass college kids follow us to our car a few blocks away.

I wonder if having shit thrown at you could be construed as a threat threatening your life.

:) Probably not, but I could only hope.

JDMitation
08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FG3/6X30/TLIET2JXXLZ/FG36X30TLIET2JXXLZ.MEDIUM.jpg

Evil Empire
08-08-2008, 04:11 PM
"They hate us because of our freedom."

ICD
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
pretty soon it'll be like 'V for Vendetta'

the government will get us so scared of 'terorrist' that we will vote in an all supreme chancellor....

and the twist...

the government was the 'terrorists' the whole time.... dun dun dunnnnn

exactly what they are doing is jsut using terrorism as an excuse for everything from racial porfiling and use 9/11 and other shit like that when people question them..and all those boreder patrol for Terrorist but its all for illegals.the Government is and has been fucking us backwards for the longest

NickAtNite
08-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Has anybody watch Zeitgeist the movie? The parts about 9/11 and the Federal Reserve. Pretty interesting stuff...

DeeDub
08-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Did u guys know there are hidden messages in the TV and radeo telling us to kill black people? Soon they will be able to control us 100%. That I was wear a aluminum foil hat at all times. They're not gonna get into my head without a fight!