PDA

View Full Version : out of state red light running...anybody have this experience?

preludeR
08-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Happened to me last night around 1:30am. im on vacation here in L.A. and i just so happen to not see where the line for the cross walk was and ended up being in the middle of the intersection. I think its bullshit because i could not even see the line wth my headlights on. i saw the red light and i was creeping up slowly to stop then all of a sudden i see flashing lights everywhere. LA needs to re-pave there damn road lines!!

So i was wondering if anybody here has run into the same situation with red light camera's here in California and what type of violation did you end up getting since you were out of state? or maybe you didn't get anything at all??

4DPANDA
08-09-2008, 11:59 PM
It was maybe a celeb by your car and a fan wanted a picture. Jk Try to talk with a police ocifer and ask him to check your record and see if you did get a ticket. If you did just tell him you are not familiar with the streets out there. But i dout if you did get the pic, hill be able to take it off just like that

mj213
08-10-2008, 02:07 AM
WTF is that supposed to mean?

babyboy5880
08-10-2008, 03:01 AM
I know the roads all around So.Cal especially in LA suck ass, I wouldn't doubt if the lines are all ghetto too, if you haven't yet, if you're in that area again take a pic of the intersection and try to fight the ticket. Such b.s., sorry man.

stillfading99
08-10-2008, 09:56 AM
well i was in TSS yesterday, guy from indiana had a similar thing happen.

they will send it to the address listed on the license plate and u can pay the fine. I know for DUI's the instructor said no matter what state the offense happens in, your home state is what punishments are according to. all states have that agreement. with red lights, it may be the same

so if thats true you'd have to pay the fine and do the 8 hours of tss here in az

preludeR
08-10-2008, 11:24 PM
well i was in TSS yesterday, guy from indiana had a similar thing happen.

they will send it to the address listed on the license plate and u can pay the fine. I know for DUI's the instructor said no matter what state the offense happens in, your home state is what punishments are according to. all states have that agreement. with red lights, it may be the same

so if thats true you'd have to pay the fine and do the 8 hours of tss here in az

yea man that is what i have been hearing from everyone else so i guess ill have to wait and see what happens.

preludeR
08-10-2008, 11:27 PM
I know the roads all around So.Cal especially in LA suck ass, I wouldn't doubt if the lines are all ghetto too, if you haven't yet, if you're in that area again take a pic of the intersection and try to fight the ticket. Such b.s., sorry man.

definately agree with you on that man.

JC<3Ek
08-11-2008, 12:16 PM
you get ticket on whereever it happen...then went to court In the state that cited you..then go to DMV in Cali and tell them you want to do Online ticket traffic school..and then study and do the test and after you done mail it to the court where it issue your ticket.. Im from cali and move to az. i have those ticket when im driving back to cali for vacation

The President
08-11-2008, 01:10 PM
My buddy got tagged in Hollywood for running a redlight, camera's went off ect. but we never heard anything about it. He never got anything in the mail or otherwise.

Type-Slow
08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
I have gotten flashed a few times here in phoenix (i have cali plates). I have never gotten a notice about it ands it's been awhile.

viperbear420
08-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I have gotten flashed a few times here in phoenix (i have cali plates). I have never gotten a notice about it ands it's been awhile.

like girls have shown you there boobies?

viperbear420
08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
i gotta go hme guys talk to you in a minute

SlowCivicHmm
08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
not all flashes mean a ticket...

a cop told met his and a teacher in TSS....

they study the pics from all angles and see if you ran it or just triggered it......alot of tickets get discarded....

did you run it?? I've flashed a redlight cam on a right turn...never got nothing....I stopped/moved up and took it....full stop all legal.....still flashed...

preludeR
08-12-2008, 10:40 AM
well i was stopping and i saw the red light but i couldn't see where to stop so i ended up probably in the middle of the intersection going like two miles an hour. just imagine no crosswalk lines with a really glossy road at night. it was right under a bridge too almost seemed like a trap.

Mr.Burner
08-12-2008, 10:47 AM
You will probably get served in L.A.
We had a customer drive down from Virginia, he got a photo radar. A month later he was served in Virginia