PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam

atomicx
08-10-2008, 06:07 PM
i was watching videos on youtube bout seafoam and how its suppose to fix your car, just wondering if anybody has tried it and does it work?

heres the site http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2IKrHOVgU8&feature=related

Rob x3
08-10-2008, 07:06 PM
i've done it on several of my cars....

it fixed an idle problem i had, and i do it every once in a while cuz it supposedly remove the carbon build up in your combustion chamber

hellshock2182
08-10-2008, 08:52 PM
I've done it to every car I have owned. I usually use a tablespoon or two into the brake booster vacum line. I usually have to rev the motor up while I do this to make sure it doesn't stop running. It scared me the first time I did it a few years ago because a lot of smoke came out of the exhaust. but I kept revving it up and kept pumping air through the motor and it went away.

Then I put about a quarter of a cup slowly into the engine through the oil cap. Took it on a spirited drive, for about five or six minutes. Brought it home changed the oil and it's been fine, I've done it two times since as well. No smoking or anything.

I'd suggest it
Just use small ammounts.

teemfedx
08-10-2008, 09:52 PM
smokes like a bitch.

kinda fun to drive around town with it. i havnt seen that in the stores for a while, where did you see it?

atomicx
08-10-2008, 10:14 PM
i saw it on youtube, and was just wondering if it really made any difference at all.

Stock?
08-10-2008, 11:05 PM
seafoam has been around forever
i've used in my cherokee to clean the fuel system after i filled it with some old shitty gas - worked great

hellshock2182
08-11-2008, 01:06 AM
most napas have it

Ryan
08-11-2008, 01:59 AM
I can personally tell you I use it on every oil change. I do not recommend driving your vehicle like ^ did because it says to only let your engine idle after poring it into the oil fill. I usually wait until the gas is less than 1/8th tank full and ad half a container to the gas tank to clean out the fuel system and work its left through the fuel lines, filters, rail, injectors, FPR, etc. I usually add half the container to the oil fill and let it "idle only" for 4-6 minutes or more. Then I also ad about 2 teaspoons to each cylinder through the spark plug wholes and let it sit for about 10 minutes to soak up all the carbon build up and disconnect the plug wires (after installing the plugs) and give it a few cranks to work it around the rings and walls. Then connect the plugs and start the engine and rev it up to 2500 rpm as I spray a mist though the intake and vacuum lines but not more than a minute or two at this 2500 rpms. When you start the engine you will see all the black carbon smoke come out the muffler but it is normal and a good sign that your are removing all the crap in your engine. You will see that there is a lot of tar and crap that is removed when you change your oil immediately after doing all the above. Again, I do not suggest anyone drive your car with this stuff in your engine, especially "spirited driving". This will greatly reduce the winter of your oil or what some people think is called the "weight" of your oil, causing it to become thinner than normal and not safe at all. Just read the directions. Good stuff:)

Charlee
08-11-2008, 03:30 AM
seafoam is all over wallyworld. free with the french discount

Rob x3
08-11-2008, 07:43 AM
you're actually supposed to let it die out....

i put it through the PCV valve hose going into the intake manifold.

i take half of the can and empty it into a glass/bottle and let most of it get sucked up without stalling the car. then when its almost gone i submerge the whole hose until the car stalls. then you're supposed to let it sit like that for 15-25 minutes. then fire it up and have fun with the white cloud of smoke that will fill up your whole block

hellshock2182
08-11-2008, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=Ryan;1040844]I can personally tell you I use it on every oil change. I do not recommend driving your vehicle like ^ did because it says to only let your engine idle after poring it into the oil fill. I usually wait until the gas is less than 1/8th tank full and ad half a container to the gas tank to clean out the fuel system and work its left through the fuel lines, filters, rail, injectors, FPR, etc. I usually add half the container to the oil fill and let it "idle only" for 4-6 minutes or more. Then I also ad about 2 teaspoons to each cylinder through the spark plug wholes and let it sit for about 10 minutes to soak up all the carbon build up and disconnect the plug wires (after installing the plugs) and give it a few cranks to work it around the rings and walls. Then connect the plugs and start the engine and rev it up to 2500 rpm as I spray a mist though the intake and vacuum lines but not more than a minute or two at this 2500 rpms. When you start the engine you will see all the black carbon smoke come out the muffler but it is normal and a good sign that your are removing all the crap in your engine. You will see that there is a lot of tar and crap that is removed when you change your oil immediately after doing all the above. Again, I do not suggest anyone drive your car with this stuff in your engine, especially "spirited driving". This will greatly reduce the winter of your oil or what some people think is called the "weight" of your oil, causing it to become thinner than normal and not safe at all. Just read the directions. Good stuff:)[/QUOTE

Good info right here. Good looking out ryan

1lowtacoma
08-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Fail

Old news: try the search option

hellshock2182
08-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Fail

Your an idiot. Some people just are trying something that's new to them, don't be a douchebag

trace01m
08-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Your an idiot. Some people just are trying something that's new to them, don't be a douchebag

Hey, there ain't no need for name calling!

And this really has been covered like a whole bunch of times.

g2integy
08-11-2008, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=Ryan;1040844]I can personally tell you I use it on every oil change. I do not recommend driving your vehicle like ^ did because it says to only let your engine idle after poring it into the oil fill. I usually wait until the gas is less than 1/8th tank full and ad half a container to the gas tank to clean out the fuel system and work its left through the fuel lines, filters, rail, injectors, FPR, etc. I usually add half the container to the oil fill and let it "idle only" for 4-6 minutes or more. Then I also ad about 2 teaspoons to each cylinder through the spark plug wholes and let it sit for about 10 minutes to soak up all the carbon build up and disconnect the plug wires (after installing the plugs) and give it a few cranks to work it around the rings and walls. Then connect the plugs and start the engine and rev it up to 2500 rpm as I spray a mist though the intake and vacuum lines but not more than a minute or two at this 2500 rpms. When you start the engine you will see all the black carbon smoke come out the muffler but it is normal and a good sign that your are removing all the crap in your engine. You will see that there is a lot of tar and crap that is removed when you change your oil immediately after doing all the above. Again, I do not suggest anyone drive your car with this stuff in your engine, especially "spirited driving". This will greatly reduce the winter of your oil or what some people think is called the "weight" of your oil, causing it to become thinner than normal and not safe at all. Just read the directions. Good stuff:)[/QUOTE

Good info right here. Good looking out ryan

When I come up there were going to have to do this on the DA and EF !

hellshock2182
08-11-2008, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=hellshock2182;1040972]

When I come up there were going to have to do this on the DA and EF !

I'm down, jesus dude, I gotta drive back down there today. Mom got delyaed coming back from maine and now she's flying in from newark this morn.

g2integy
08-11-2008, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=g2integy;1041003]

I'm down, jesus dude, I gotta drive back down there today. Mom got delyaed coming back from maine and now she's flying in from newark this morn.

Damn and your sis cant pick her up?

1lowtacoma
08-11-2008, 09:28 AM

Ok, how am i an idiot? i simply said, "use the search option"
A very smart comment even a MOD on here should be telling people.
This thread has been covered plenty of times before.

you sir, are teh true idiot :upyours:

93CivicSi
08-11-2008, 09:31 AM
I seafoam my 93 civic every three oil changes

Over 250,000 miles and still runs GREAT!!

ICD
08-11-2008, 09:56 AM
hhhmmmm, mite be something I'll need to try

Charlee
08-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I seafoam my 93 civic every three oil changes

Over 250,000 miles and still runs GREAT!!

NO seafoam ever on my 88 civic. change the oil regularly,

over 270k and still runs GREAT!! :grin:

atomicx
08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Fail

my bad i shouldda checked the forum before i typed it in sorry.

hellshock2182
08-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Ok, how am i an idiot? i simply said, "use the search option"
A very smart comment even a MOD on here should be telling people.
This thread has been covered plenty of times before.

you sir, are teh true idiot :upyours:

Yup I guess I am TEH true idiot.

:dumbass:

ok24
08-11-2008, 07:54 PM
peoria honda does it buy now they use some sick mobil one stuff its awsome

neveragain
08-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I love it. I've never NOT liked it.

*inFamous*
08-11-2008, 09:59 PM
smokes like a bitch.

kinda fun to drive around town with it. i havnt seen that in the stores for a while, where did you see it?
Checkers caries it.

4DPANDA
08-11-2008, 10:37 PM
yup checker has it. they took it out for a while, but they brough it back. bump for the ice cream truck music

BADCHKN
08-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Ive all seen this mess up injectors, clog filters ect..

If it isnt oil i dont put it in my "oil fill" lol

Rob x3
08-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Ive all seen this mess up injectors, clog filters ect..

If it isnt oil i dont put it in my "oil fill" lol

it isnt recommended to pour this stuff into your oil if you have a high mileage engine that hasnt got regularly treated by this stuff....

pouring this into a high mileage engine could loosen up build (cuz thats what is supposed to happen) but in a high mileage engine it could cause leaks or even bigger clogs

95_B18b1_Teg
08-12-2008, 02:26 PM
vato zones, chekers, and pepe boys carries that too
good stuff i used on my teg
ima use it on my girls teg on her next oil change

02BLKCIVIC
08-12-2008, 02:29 PM
NO seafoam ever on my 88 civic. change the oil regularly,

over 270k and still runs GREAT!! :grin:

lol ill go with the no seafoam vote

Ryan
08-14-2008, 09:10 AM
I just Sea Foamed my hatch, and drank the rest of it. Got me EFT up man! LOL

The President
08-14-2008, 04:53 PM
it isnt recommended to pour this stuff into your oil if you have a high mileage engine that hasnt got regularly treated by this stuff....

pouring this into a high mileage engine could loosen up build (cuz thats what is supposed to happen) but in a high mileage engine it could cause leaks or even bigger clogs

x2

I'd never put this in my oil, or gas tank. I've used it through an intake vaccum though. peaked into the sparkplug hole with a flashlight when I was done and the top of the piston was clean as a whistle.

And obviously, if you're going to use the stuff CHANGE YOUR OIL IMMEDIATLEY once you've finished.

Charlee
08-14-2008, 06:06 PM
I just Sea Foamed my hatch, and drank the rest of it. Got me EFT up man! LOL

thats why your hair fell off

CG2
08-15-2008, 02:53 AM
works pretty good and can pick it up pretty anywhere like autozone for like 8 bucks or something

DJ Hookid
08-16-2008, 04:43 AM
From what Ive heard you are supposed to use very very very little seafoam at a time. If you put too much you can hydrolock your car.