PDA

View Full Version : Invention/Idea???

The Guido
08-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Has anyone ever come up with an invention and/or idea and actually followed through with it? I have a pretty good idea for a product that as far as my research goes does not exist. I dont know how to go about trying to take it further than a drawing. Im also not to sure about the places on the internet for something like this. If there is anyone that has done this...were you successful and if you could provide some insight...please do.

LiLinsane
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
*curses*

I was streaming MP3s in my old civic back in 00 using the ricochet network and my laptop, and wiring things into my amps.
i wanted to make a little machine that could store these files on it and have a player on it
My uncle said it wasn't worth it. and memory wasn't large enough to save my files on. made me get back to work on webservers where the real money is at.. *sigh*

*CURSES*

nbdracin
08-11-2008, 01:02 PM
hahaha

MrRline2010
08-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I had a good idea, but the military already stole it.

eviilboy
08-11-2008, 01:12 PM
*curses*

I was streaming MP3s in my old civic back in 00 using the ricochet network and my laptop, and wiring things into my amps.
i wanted to make a little machine that could store these files on it and have a player on it
My uncle said it wasn't worth it. and memory wasn't large enough to save my files on. made me get back to work on webservers where the real money is at.. *sigh*

*CURSES*

haha, webservers where the money is at. :P

apSquidFace
08-11-2008, 01:16 PM
I wanted to invent something like Spiderman’s web slingers but instead of webbing it would spit out filet mignon perfectly cooked and ready to eat.

That proved to be quite difficult and I have since given up on the thought.

I then moved on to a colored stick of wax that children could draw with…still working on that.

98Ek_Hatch
08-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I created teh Interwebs

LiLinsane
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh! that sounds almost like my idea squiddy, but i was thinking about using some kinda colored water, and using a fabric of some kind, but shhhh... if this word gets out i think you and me are in trouble

apSquidFace
08-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Oh! that sounds almost like my idea squiddy, but i was thinking about using some kinda colored water, and using a fabric of some kind, but shhhh... if this word gets out i think you and me are in trouble

yeah we should probably get this stuff out soon

Chinky
08-11-2008, 01:38 PM
a while back i thought about trying to make a tooth brush that would store tooth paste in the handle and u could push the tooth paste up through the brissels. would be dope for travel one less thing to worry about, and if u didn't put enough paste on the brush u could add more easily without having to stop... kinda random but i think someone already made it :( but then again i don't think they have yet... hmmmm

p.s.
i got a couple poultry flavored paste ones for squidy ;)

LiLinsane
08-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I wanted to put vending machines up establish wireless connection to them, do cc transactions, and give realtime inventory of machine.

cbaracing
08-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Has anyone ever come up with an invention and/or idea and actually followed through with it? I have a pretty good idea for a product that as far as my research goes does not exist. I dont know how to go about trying to take it further than a drawing. Im also not to sure about the places on the internet for something like this. If there is anyone that has done this...were you successful and if you could provide some insight...please do.

is it jump to conclusions mat?

SlowLS
08-11-2008, 01:47 PM
um......i am teh inventor for teh gluez on teh back of post itz.....yeah.

89true1
08-11-2008, 01:53 PM
iv had a couple of ideas, one for people with an "in mouth pearcing" to have a little hallow ball with a chaimber that goes in the inside, than you make little mints that you can put in the chaimber to have freash breath and not have to chew gum.....

just a thought tho.:( i want to be rich.

The Guido
08-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Im not jumping to conclusions...If I was, I would be bragging in anyway possible. I was just hoping to find someone that could help with the process that has already attemped something like this.

The President
08-11-2008, 01:59 PM
a while back i thought about trying to make a tooth brush that would store tooth paste in the handle and u could push the tooth paste up through the brissels. would be dope for travel one less thing to worry about, and if u didn't put enough paste on the brush u could add more easily without having to stop... kinda random but i think someone already made it :( but then again i don't think they have yet... hmmmm

p.s.
i got a couple poultry flavored paste ones for squidy ;)

Better make it in man flavored meat stick too, I'm sure he'd love that :clapper:

The President
08-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Im not jumping to conclusions...If I was, I would be bragging in anyway possible. I was just hoping to find someone that could help with the process that has already attemped something like this.

no offence antwon but, you'd probably better off calling a patent attorney rather than posting this on AZHT

viperbear420
08-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I wanted to invent something like Spiderman’s web slingers but instead of webbing it would spit out filet mignon perfectly cooked and ready to eat.

That proved to be quite difficult and I have since given up on the thought.

I then moved on to a colored stick of wax that children could draw with…still working on that.

uhs i thnk those are called crans! ;) stupid

The Guido
08-11-2008, 02:01 PM
I know but I figured it was worth a shot.

Rufus
08-11-2008, 02:04 PM
I wanted to put vending machines up establish wireless connection to them, do cc transactions, and give realtime inventory of machine.

The UK has attached vending machines to cell phones for quite some time.

cbaracing
08-11-2008, 02:16 PM
um......i am teh inventor for teh gluez on teh back of post itz.....yeah.

sorry
romy invented post its

ek-juan
08-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Yo... wtf, with people not taking shit like this seriously.. I worked at a design firm for over 4 years as a Mechanical Designer, and I know what it takes to make a IDEA/product from sketch, to the design and manufacturing phases. The designing, and prototyping part is the easy part. The had part is finding where to manufacture it, CHINA is the cheapest place to go, but still is Thousands of dollars, depending if you are using plastics or metal. Then comes the harder part, trying to sell it, is it safe, does it meet U.S. standards. I can refer you to my old boss, but he is in the same boat, he has like three new ideas, but he had to pretty much had to take all the money he got when he sold his business to go on his own and still take out two other loans that were worth more than his house just to get one product out the door, if it doesn't sell he is pretty much fucked, because he wasted all this money for nothing.

Also the places that come out on TV saying that they would help, well is the same shit, the catch there is that they supposedly do all the work for you, and at the end they tell you "it's this much" you are like what the F*ck I can't afford that, so then they are like OK all the work we have done is this much, and you end up paying for the rest of your life. I know people that have lost their houses on ideas, that these companies, have screwed over.

So like I said if you need help, I can refer you to my boss, maybe he can help. Or I might be able to help, depending on how complex it is... Oh one more thing, you still need to pay for the patent, and shit like that, but anywho... lmk...

The Guido
08-11-2008, 02:21 PM
I was actually going to PM you about this. I was going to try and draw it up on CAD but I havent touched CAD in about 4yrs. Its a pretty simple idea too.^^^

ek-juan
08-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I was actually going to PM you about this. I was going to try and draw it up on CAD but I havent touched CAD in about 4yrs. Its a pretty simple idea too.^^^

What the hell is AutoCAD... lolz.. jk... I haven't used that since 2000, I have a better software to do it in... it's like a Ferrari compared to AutoCAD... hit me up and ill try to help... split the profit, lolz...

The President
08-11-2008, 03:08 PM

Anthony, are you trying to put this product into some sort of production? Or are you just trying to patent the idea and sell the idea to a company and collect royalties?

If you can, make a few drawings, sketched or Solidworks, then from there apply for a patent. It's best to have a patent attorney however they are expensive (worth it if the product is good and you can sell the patent).

As far as putting something into production, I work with Chinese factories ALL the time. The main issue you'd run into is paying them to "tool up" You could however have them make and ship you a hand built sample but w/o any upfront money you'll probably be SOL. Also, once you send an idea to a Chinese factory, it'll be knocked off immediatley (even if it's a shitty idea, and even if you have US Patents).

PM ME...

ek-juan
08-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Anthony, are you trying to put this product into some sort of production? Or are you just trying to patent the idea and sell the idea to a company and collect royalties?

If you can, make a few drawings, sketched or Solidworks, then from there apply for a patent. It's best to have a patent attorney however they are expensive (worth it if the product is good and you can sell the patent).

As far as putting something into production, I work with Chinese factories ALL the time. The main issue you'd run into is paying them to "tool up" You could however have them make and ship you a hand built sample but w/o any upfront money you'll probably be SOL. Also, once you send an idea to a Chinese factory, it'll be knocked off immediatley (even if it's a shitty idea, and even if you have US Patents).

PM ME...

That's true.. maybe all three of us can get shit done.... where do you work at...

viperbear420
08-11-2008, 03:16 PM
i want to make somting that makes weed smell like a cigarett that would siQ

cbaracing
08-11-2008, 03:34 PM
i want to make somting that makes weed smell like a cigarett that would siQ

that would be ciggaweed :lame:

viperbear420
08-11-2008, 03:36 PM
that would be ciggaweed :lame:
i dont think i can talk about it anymore. maybe you wanna chill sometime and we can ?

KrenzyRyan
08-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Ive had ideas, but the patents are way way overpriced.

I saw this idea the other day lol!

Direct Exhaust Injection WTF

http://www.eugeneleafty.com/DEI/Nebraska%20GM%20Modern%20Muscle%20%20View%20topic% 20-%20Turbo%20Questions%20(pg%201).htm

EM1CLONE
08-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Ive had ideas, but the patents are way way overpriced.

I saw this idea the other day lol!

Direct Exhaust Injection WTF

http://www.eugeneleafty.com/DEI/Nebraska%20GM%20Modern%20Muscle%20%20View%20topic% 20-%20Turbo%20Questions%20(pg%201).htm

That was some funny shit.

KrenzyRyan
08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
That was some funny shit.

ya he got ownd lol

EM1CLONE
08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
ya he got ownd lol

I was :rflmao: when I read the first comment on that page.

But seriously I checked into those ads you see on TV for patent services and they are all ripoffs.

KrenzyRyan
08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
I was :rflmao: when I read the first comment on that page.

But seriously I checked into those ads you see on TV for patent services and they are all ripoffs.

I hear that. A couple of my friends started their own brand names for tshirts and clothes, and the patents were over $10k!