PDA

View Full Version : Fuel bypass valve problems Help Please

gilgothdae
08-14-2008, 02:23 PM
I have had my fuel evap bypass valve and solenoid fail 3 times in about a month now. of course this stuff isn't covered by warrenty (sarcasm) I need to figure out what is actually wrong and what needs to be fixed because the dealership is trying to dick me around.

Please any suggestions or experience would be greatly appreciated.

vtec4dr
08-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Are you talking about the valve thats actually part of the INTAKE SYTEM. Meaning when you remove the air box is it connected to the box itself? If so you may have a vacuum line hooked up wrong and its only throwing the code ever so often. If not be more specific with whats going on and ill see if i can help.

G

gilgothdae
08-15-2008, 09:02 AM
nope...
its code p1457-Manu. Aux. Emissions
They found the "two way and bypass selenoid " full of fuel says honda. I didn't let them change it cause they woudn't honor the warranty I bought with the car from them not a month before so I took it to Parker Automotive, they changed it out, then like a week later same thing, they changed it again for free and said if it happened again that they couldn't do it again for free cause obviously something else was real problem. now honda is gone try and jerk me around and prob make me pay for it. so I'm just not gona pay for shit till they actually find the problem.

Chapman honda was obviously helpful with the sale, but in every other aspect I have been very dissapointed with their conduct. 3 times I have gone for oil change, and a fuse change cause the CEL went on and 3 times I have asked for a pick up time and to have my car washed when they are done, (it is a free service they offer to every car that comes in through their service line) and not once have they been remotly close to the time they told me OR washed my car..too bad its not base ball or they'd be out for the count. Screw 'em

vtec4dr
08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Bad ECU is the only thing i can thing of. i found this though for you:

“CHECK ENGINE” or “SERVICE ENGINE SOON” light on the dash:

It has come to our attention through automotive trade publications1 that some Honda vehicles are susceptible to internal corrosion of the EVAP control canister vent shut valve. This corrosion is caused be salt-laden water in Snow Belt areas finding its way into the internals of the canister vent shut valve. Honda has released an updated EVAP control canister vent shut valve to address this problem. But, as far as we know Honda does not have a recall to address this problem. Sometimes, if you wait until the “Service Engine Soon” light on your dash turns on it could be too late, because sometimes when the old valve shorts out internally, it could zap the PCM (Powertrain Control Module or car computer) in the process. Then you would need to replace the computer to solve the problem, which could be very expensive.

These are the vehicles often prone to this problem:

1998-2000 Civics
1998-2001 CR-Vs
1998-2002 Accords
1999-2003 Odysseys
2000-02 Insights
2000-03 S2000s
2003 Pilots

gilgothdae
08-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks man, I had Chapman check it out and they couldn't find anything wrong with any of the parts associated with this, so they just reset the code and told me to come back for more extensive testing if it came back on again.

I'm hoping it might have been just a bad reset and everything is ok!