PDA

View Full Version : hey guys. tire question

JDM BOII
08-16-2008, 01:28 AM
i have nitto neo gen tires up front and they have a little camber wear so i was gunna have them switched so the outside is now on inside...

my question is on my tires they say outside on the (outside) lol, does it matter if the outside label is on inside and inside on outside??

lmk thanks

HEADSHOT
08-16-2008, 06:44 AM
some tires are made to rotate in that way. id check with the place you bought them at or call a discount tire.

*inFamous*
08-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Reversing tires usually ends up in stressing the tread more, and you can get tread seperation.

Also if its a DIRECTIONAL tire (meaning the tread is biased to one direction) then flipping it inside out could be dangerous, especially if it rains.

trace01m
08-16-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't know what you read, but neogens are designed to have the specific part of the tread to the inside. While they still get camber wear, the inside tread block is designed to last longer than the outside just so you don't have to replace them so often. Definitely check with a tire shop before switching their sides.

Importech Performance
08-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Stop being cheap, tires are really the last place you should cheap out on.

Get an alignment and new tires.

/thread.

JDM BOII
08-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Stop being cheap, tires are really the last place you should cheap out on.

Get an alignment and new tires.

/thread.

tires are a couple months old and i just replaced the rear...

JDM BOII
08-16-2008, 12:05 PM
the tires will not be going a differant direction...

the insides are worn so im going to put the driver still facing forward and get it mounted onto the passanger so the beter tread is on inside

Kinetic
08-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Lots of misinformation in this thread:hithead::hithead:

Assymetrical tires :

Tires are designed that way so that the inner tread section is generally for WET TRACTION with the outer tread for DRY DRACTION.... swapping the inner tread to the outer will not have a huge effect on day to day driving...... BUT in wet weather and in more aggressive driving....handling WILL BE COMPROMISED. The tire can be rotated in either direction without problems......

Directional tires:
Tires that were designed to rotate in ONE DIRECTION for WET TRACTION TO BE OPTIMIZED....... DRY Handling is usually unaffected by rotating in the other direction....WET TRACTION WILL SUFFER

ILIKETODRIVE
08-18-2008, 12:44 AM
:thumbsup:

Thanks for clearing that up.

FYI - if you flip (for example) the left-front tire on its wheel, then put it at the right-front or right-rear position, it will still be rolling the same direction it was before but the inside will now be on the outside. It's the way all the cool kids rotate their direction tires.

RHD Ek
09-06-2008, 02:45 PM
you ever notice some people say the same things over and over again....

ek4 hatch
09-10-2008, 10:54 PM
camber kit= no more camber wear

JoshDC2
09-10-2008, 11:11 PM
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/joshek4/toevscamberwear.jpg

Goofy
09-11-2008, 05:10 PM
camber kit son lol

taintschwacker
11-25-2008, 10:08 AM
if you flip them like that you wil definately see more wear, especially neo gen's they are designed for lowered cars with camber issues if you change the direction of the tire you will mess up the braking handling,ride and many more. you might possibly think there is an alignment issue also if you do that cause your car will pull differently