PDA

View Full Version : Stiffer Springs, Almost Stock height

dickie
08-17-2008, 11:44 AM
i browsed a little bit around this subforum and couldn't find anything. My question is:

I daily drive a 97 civic ex, i hate the responsiveness of the handling. I want a stiffer spring yet i don't want to lower it much to attract other cars that will pop their exhuast off at me every where i go.

is there such a spring for a civic? i know back in the day, eibach pro kit, had very minimal drop.

this is a DD, so coilovers will not be needed.

my second question being out of sheer laziness, so feel free to answer it or not; Where do you guys buy your parts online? i'm really just looking for f/r sway bars

sorry if i sound like i don't know much, i'm usually driving AWD platform.

appreciate it.

dickie
08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
bumpage

Kinetic
08-21-2008, 02:59 AM
you can run Eibach Pro kit, but honestly...you might do well to do a coilover set up and just run a higher ride height since the stock shocks are mushy as well........ you can do KYB AGX/Ground Control or even run a Tokico set up....I believe they might have a spring/shock combo that only lowers it an inch

with a set of stiffer sway bars I would reccomend better shocks to complement them anyways

as for buying parts....why not support your local vendors???????

dickie
08-21-2008, 07:01 PM
i'm definately down for support the local shops. not to sound like a asshole i just want people thinking i'm a dude trying to make my civic quick. kinda want to remain anonymous. if the dudes from azawd caught me on here, there would be hell to pay ;)

i used to run a agx/sportline combo on my last fwd car and i loved the combo. i only had sumitomo on the wheels which definately exposed how weak they are.

i'll check out the vendors here. appreciate the reply.

oh if you are going to hawaii, oahu in particular. you have to drive tantalus. rent the best handling car and do it. research it online first, cuz if your a white dude asking a local you'll probably get slapped.

SlowCivicHmm
08-22-2008, 09:50 PM
you can remain stock and get some ITR or CTR springs/struts......and of course rear LCA since its a diff design for the type r's........that would be the cheapest route if you really don't want to drop coin on it or go aftermarket....even stock sways w/poly bushings.....you can find

just other options....i'd deff go with a coil set up like jeremy said...agx are decent and smooth for daily..and just set the coil to where you want the car...springs settle and what not...

funny thing about azawd....lol...we track with a few of those guys...hahaha

good luck..

Kinetic
08-25-2008, 11:56 AM
i'm definately down for support the local shops. not to sound like a asshole i just want people thinking i'm a dude trying to make my civic quick. kinda want to remain anonymous. if the dudes from azawd caught me on here, there would be hell to pay ;)

i used to run a agx/sportline combo on my last fwd car and i loved the combo. i only had sumitomo on the wheels which definately exposed how weak they are.

i'll check out the vendors here. appreciate the reply.

oh if you are going to hawaii, oahu in particular. you have to drive tantalus. rent the best handling car and do it. research it online first, cuz if your a white dude asking a local you'll probably get slapped.

I was only on Kauai...but the road to Waimaia sp ? canyon was awesome...

as for AZAWD.org..... I am on there as well :type:....

see if can figure out who I am ....

hint: look @ my avatar