PDA

View Full Version : i need to speak to somebody that has done this

turboedhonda
08-19-2008, 09:03 PM
edit, its done, here is the set up 99hx,but if you look carefully at wiring diragrams the 99hx motor is in with all the 96-98diagrams, so even though the car is a 99(obd2b) the cabin harness and engine harness are 96-98(obd2a). here is what i used to get it runnung 99si motor, 96-98ex modified engine harness(crank, iac, ect.) and last a 96 GSR ecu. runs good and no check engine lights.

i need to speek with somewone that has put a b16 into a 99HX, the hx has the A plug is part of the engine harness, and on a 99 si the A plug is part of the cabin harness.
stock 99hx engine harness has 4 plugs that are on the ecu end of the harness(1green,2grey,1blue) the ecu plug A part of engine harness

stock 99si engine harness has 3 plugs that are on the ecu end of the harness(1green,1grey,1blue)the ecu plug A part of cabin harness

xactdyno
08-20-2008, 09:28 PM
if you have 4 plugs on your hx, then you have an automatic. all manual cars have 3. sounds like is your problem. this swap is extremely simple, but can't be done if you don't convert auto to manual.

turboedhonda
08-21-2008, 12:21 AM
if you have 4 plugs on your hx, then you have an automatic. all manual cars have 3. sounds like is your problem. this swap is extremely simple, but can't be done if you don't convert auto to manual.

you sir have not done this swap or else you know what i was talking about. its done and running good, i have put an edit up, take a look to see how it is done.

xactdyno
08-21-2008, 07:25 AM
no i just drive it to work every day.
you figure it out then smarty pants.
btw, you should have just used the hx's engine harness and you'd have no issues.