PDA

View Full Version : Looking into getting my ecu tuned

mj213
08-19-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm using the vfac II controller, and it annoys me. It came with the car, has an h22a, with the p13 ecu. I need to do some diags on the car and check things out, but I want to get it tuned at some point. I haven't found much out there on the net showing the settings for the vfac enough to help me tweak it for more power, so I'm going to break down and get it done professionally.

Question is, with my setup, where would you guys recommend I go? There's not one up here in the Prescott area, so I'll be taking the car down to Phoenix.

Thanks!

jakellama123
08-19-2008, 10:00 PM
i think im taking my car to ums tuning to get my neo installed/tuned
hopefully make a lil power

Jason.AZ1
08-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Talk to Joe!!!

mj213
08-20-2008, 03:13 PM
I checked their website. I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is it that the vehicle would be tuned using Hondata or Neptune based software?

I've never been to a dyno before, can you tell?

LiLinsane
08-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Most tuners like to use the Hondata software because its more user friendly and has tons of options.
The system requires licensing - 200.00 + just for the software. (could be another hundred or so for the higher model)
The Tuner will adjust your cam gears (if you have them) and timing/fuel maps/etc.

I have noticed with the tune, the power band is smoother. it doesn't seem to be focused on makeing peak power, but solid useable power through the entire RPM band.

xactdyno
08-20-2008, 09:26 PM
compared to a hondata, a vafc or the newer neo is junk. if have a honda, get hondata. it's only 195 before tuning and you have complete control of the ecu's functions. like mentioned earlier, hondata is also the most supported product out there. unlike neptune or crome, hondata is a real brick and mortar place with product support. they also live the sport. i just returned from speed week at bonneville and doug has set another record averaging 221mph in his twin rotrex supercharged rsx.

mj213
08-21-2008, 10:36 AM
So is the hondata ecu a replacement or a supplement to the p13 ecu I already have?

xactdyno
08-23-2008, 12:04 PM
hondata is not p13 compatible. need to use other obd 1 vtec ecu and then we put h22 base map on it and tune from there.
the vafc comes out completely, the hondata lets me adjust things like i was a honda engineer.

SlowCivicHmm
08-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Tony @ UMS

& Joe @ Locash.........

the tune alldepends what you are looking for?? high peak power, or a sick power band....

Call the shops, its better than getting our opinions..