PDA

View Full Version : Seat Mounting Suggestions...

SlowCivicHmm
08-22-2008, 10:58 AM
SO picked up a lighter seat from Kerry....side mounted right...you guys saw it..

I was thinking of mounting directly to the floorboard? yay or nay?

I'll get niice backing plates underneath and what not right....BUT...

the floor is not even....so yeah....

What i'm looking to achieve is have the seat sit as low as possible, and adjustability does not matter to me.........any suggestions on how to do this? or how have you seen it done?? shit anyone got cons against doing it like this....

I know I can find rails and bolt it up and shit, but if I can cut a corner why not...lol

Tage
08-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I would not advise to bolt it directly to the floor as it likely won't sit right.

You will likely need to do some minor fabrication to get it to bolt correctly.

Check out my seat next time you see my car.

SlowCivicHmm
08-22-2008, 05:50 PM
hmm then I need to peep your car before the track event @ PIR....lol

I might be on your side of town tonite or this weekend..hmm lol....

Thx for the advice Tage.....I saw how uneven it sat last night when I tried a dry fit....i've been just contimplating how to mod it to have it sit straight and be safe still......

Vtecracer
08-22-2008, 07:13 PM
I am ordering a set of rails/sliders from MEMORYFAB. Unfortunately they told me about 3 weeks... ouch that is awful close to the next track event. They are SUPER low. adjustable, designed to fit my STOCK mounting holes and they include the side mount sparco style brackets and sliders. $115. I am now waiting for them to arrive.............................

SlowCivicHmm
08-22-2008, 08:37 PM
thats too pricey for me....i'm a budget DE'r...lol

Vtecracer
08-22-2008, 11:19 PM
there is no price for safety.........:hello:

ILIKETODRIVE
08-23-2008, 01:13 AM
there is no price for safety.........:hello:

True story no bullshit.

Be more frugal and less of a cheapass Whosgay.....I mean Joser. :snookems:

rudsone
08-23-2008, 01:17 AM
im not sure which ones fredy (jagermeister) has in his car but they sit suuuper low, like low that i felt that im sitting on the floorboard

woody55
08-24-2008, 05:13 PM
You are going to have to fab something up for the seat to sit flat and even. I'n mine there is a cross bar in the front and two big plates of steal in the rear for the seat mounts to bolt to. This help's even the mounting surface and to reinforce the floor so it doesn't tear out. I still use big a$$ backing plates on the other side of the sheetmetal. You can check it out at PIR in a few weeks. I like it, low and light.

Erik

SlowCivicHmm
08-24-2008, 05:35 PM
yeah I don't think my car will be ready for PIR...so I might not need it till the Oct event....I was hoping to get the seat in for he PIR event..

SlowCivicHmm
08-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Ban!!

*inFamous*
08-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Ban complete. Thank you sir may i please have another!

SlowCivicHmm
08-24-2008, 06:20 PM
I love it when a plan comes together!!!

Another one bites the dust!! and another one does and another one does....

*inFamous*
08-24-2008, 06:32 PM
:) That was pretty bad too lol

Back to topic!

SlowCivicHmm
08-24-2008, 06:36 PM
yes sir...

I'll be snappin pics of your guy's seats @ PIR.....fyi...lol

*inFamous*
08-24-2008, 06:39 PM
I use a sparco bracket. If you want I can make you one dude.

Tage
08-24-2008, 06:43 PM
yes sir...

I'll be snappin pics of your guy's seats @ PIR.....fyi...lol

FYI - I won't be at the Sept event. I'll be at Nationals.

SlowCivicHmm
08-24-2008, 06:44 PM
its a next seat....w/side mounts on it already...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/Day3017.jpg

I just want it as low as possible and fixed is not a problem....make me one huh?? more info? cost?

*inFamous*
08-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Wont cost much, materials plus my welders time? Probably wont take more than 1 hour to make. Its real basic and works real well, sits lower than stock though

SlowCivicHmm
08-24-2008, 06:50 PM
lets doo it!!...when homie??

you know whats comsuming my time right now...peep the tech tread....vac issue....arG!

anytime before PIR.....weeknds are best...or late nights..i'm up til 1am...off work @ 7p..

BlueTeg
08-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Wont cost much, materials plus my welders time? Probably wont take more than 1 hour to make. Its real basic and works real well, sits lower than stock though

I am ordering a set of rails/sliders from MEMORYFAB. Unfortunately they told me about 3 weeks... ouch that is awful close to the next track event. They are SUPER low. adjustable, designed to fit my STOCK mounting holes and they include the side mount sparco style brackets and sliders. $115. I am now waiting for them to arrive.............................

Not sure how much Ravi's welder charges per hour but assuming $40 - $60 per hour.....and your materials....you're not going to get out the door much cheaper.

*inFamous*
08-26-2008, 12:42 AM
Joser woudl get the homie hookup :)

SlowCivicHmm
08-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Ravi is the mannnn.....you get free advertising homie...lol, sticker me up! hahaha