PDA

View Full Version : DC2 Overheating

95GSR
08-23-2008, 09:17 PM
alright. my problem is the radiator fan motor made a weird sound and went out and my car started to overheat a little bit.. didnt reach the H but it was up there. soon after i found out i bought a new radiator fan motor i installed it. it works and theres no more weird noise..but the car still gets hot but only around 2:30 in the afternoon or depending how long im driving with the A/C on since that is like the hottest part of the day..and this only happening when i use A/C. today it was sky rocketing to the H so i blasted my heater and it quickly fell back to a little lower than normal temperature. i keep asking everyone what could be the problem..some people said get a new head gasket? thermo stat? water pump? im also thinking water pump because the water level dropped from last time i marked it. if you have any suggestions please post. i dont want my teg to overheat on me :(

oh and the temperature only rises when the car is not moving and i have my a/c on..so basically every stop sign and stop light i come to in the middle of the day it starts to scare me.

Rollin_Eg
08-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Does ur a/c fan turn on when ur a/c is on? When it overheats do u hear the water boiling?

JoshDC2
08-23-2008, 09:52 PM
if your radiatior fan or your condenser fan is not turning on it would explain the problem. Especially since its only when the car is sitting

95GSR
08-23-2008, 10:37 PM
yes, they are both turning when i checked underneath the hood with A/C blasted..

when it rises i usually rev the engine to 1000 RPM to keep the temp at normal.. it really sucks..

Ran
08-23-2008, 10:59 PM
really sounds likea headgasket.

Agent Smith
08-24-2008, 12:04 AM
not going to read it. but based on the title alone & the amount of text you wrote, head gasket is my guess for tonight, I'll look at this monday & actually read it/give a legitimate guess then, lol.